Signed - S Tony Butler

• 2 weeks later...

From Husker Journal. We should get this kid. He really likes us.

DECEMBER 16 2015. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS TONY BUTLER, 6-2, 200, SAF, LAKEWOOD (ST. EDWARD), OHIO

Butler visited Nebraska over the weekend and sounds like that's the place for him.

"It went well. I liked the campus really interesting place as well. The coaching staff is awesome. It's definitely a good system - I feel."

Living in Ohio, grew up in the Big Ten surrounds, is a big plus for Nebraska.

"I'm from Ohio, so the Big Ten is pretty good. Personally I'm in the Big Ten. It doesn't matter what conference for me there is going to be tradition at every school and Nebraska is definitely big. So, I would bring back championships and bring back the culture." Butler said

NU defensive back coach sees Butler as a top player.

"I know Brian (Stewart) pretty well. He's definitely a great guy, the coaching staff and everything. I definitely can grow as a player at Nebraska." Butler said

"I can play both (safety) positions. That was the big thing he (Stewart) was looking for. He said I could cover, he said I was one of those top priorities right now. So that was pretty neat. He said I have chance to play in the NFL." Butler said

Butler said he had a chance to talk to Head Coach Mike Riley. Thought he was a good coach. They had a good talk and he liked him a lot.

Education.

"No matter where I go I'm going to get my degree. That's definitely a plus. Definitely the higher the academics standards on my resume after football the better. Most schools have great tradition. A school like Nebraska is definitely good. After school I definitely have something to fall back on." Baker said

"They (Nebraska) are high in my list." He said.

Are they top on your list?

"Yes!"

cornhead.gif
  • 2 weeks later...