Jammal Lord

Wow. That highlight vid brings back the memories. I said before, but I'll say it again. I think Jamal Lord is one of the greatest option QBs we've ever had play the position. Right up there with Tommie and Scott. If Lord had been our QB in mid 90s we'd think of him in a different light. He'd be a legend.

• Fire 2

Wow. That highlight vid brings back the memories. I said before, but I'll say it again. I think Jamal Lord is one of the greatest option QBs we've ever had play the position. Right up there with Tommie and Scott. If Lord had been our QB in mid 90s we'd think of him in a different light. He'd be a legend.

I agree. I got in so many arguments with Husker fans during those years about this though. If he would have had the O lines from the 90s, Wow...what he could have done.

That run at 2:40 against Kansas State was ridiculous. Nearly tackled in the backfield, driven to the ground but maintains balance with his hand on the ground, cuts back against the grain and breaks into the open field, and after all that, he embarrasses the KSU Safety at the 10-yard line and strolls in for the TD.

That run at 2:40 against Kansas State was ridiculous. Nearly tackled in the backfield, driven to the ground but maintains balance with his hand on the ground, cuts back against the grain and breaks into the open field, and after all that, he embarrasses the KSU Safety at the 10-yard line and strolls in for the TD.

I had a good laugh at that. Great run!!

Ahh, JLo. Good to see he has a highlight reel. All from 2002 season?

The only thing I remember from Lord is his pick at the end of the 2002 Texas game. The throw into double coverage was something that will always bother me.

I will always remember his audibles too. During the 2003 season, when he was in shotgun and he'd audible, it was always a QB keeper. I was a freshman at UNL at the time, and I remember me and my buddy would always yell "QB keeper!" when he would audible.

It's a shame that is what I remember of him. Because his 1400 rushing yards in 2002 is incredibly impressive.

Possibly the most underappreciated player in Husker history. Lots of time the value of a player is determined not be the prrformance of the team with, but rather without. While its fair that he doesnt rank as an all time great, imagine 10-3 and 7-7 WITHOUT him. And the blame that is placed upon him for the two worst seasons in 40 years at that time is a result of the position he played. Not his actual performance.