TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

This young MAN (indeed he is already a man in many ways) has incredible upside potential. I think we can safely compute him in this class as a 5 star and he will only get better. A couple years of serious training in our strength and development programs and he will be an all conference possibility. He will be a star no doubt an one of the best in the class, no matter what his ratings are with national outfits. Many coaches say the TE needs to be the best athlete on the team. I suspect he has a chance to be just that.

Ohio State visited today apparently.

Perfect oppotunity to catch Buckeyes in recruiting violations! You Beatrice folks watch em close! Got to be something there we can shut em down with! Smile.

Please don't respond to my posts. Thanks.

God you're always good for a nice laugh after a long tough day. Thank you

My wife - who knows much more about such things than I - tells me it's pretty crazy for someone to throw this far without a rotational-style technique.

https://twitter.com/BeatriceHigh/status/733681023922249729

I was surprised he didn't use it either. If he can get it down that record will be his easy.

Spinning doesn't mean throwing any farther. The records for each are only 2 inches different. Gliding is more consistent and is a seen more at the higher levels in Europe. Spinning gives a longer time to accelerate the shot but provides more places to make mistakes. Greater risk vs greater reward. There are also significant limitations with the spin once you obtain a certain height. Torque limitations vs overall room availability in the ring. World class spinners (generally American) average about 6'4", gliders about 6'8".

Based on the discus film I watched spinning would not help him throw further. He has flexibility issues that will take several years to overcome but it would be good for injury prevention down the road.

• Fire 1
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Cameron Jurgens [Nebraska - Signed LOI]