College coaches ready for NFL

12. Mike Riley, Nebraska

Riley is no stranger to coaching on the professional level. He had a disastrous stint running the San Diego Chargers but won two Grey Cups while in charge of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL. His pro-style system would translate seamlessly to the NFL and his nice-guy persona could serve as a nice foil to some of the more hardline personalities in the pro game.

I am happy to see our coach on the list.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000495537

12. Mike Riley, Nebraska

Riley is no stranger to coaching on the professional level. He had a disastrous stint running the San Diego Chargers but won two Grey Cups while in charge of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL. His pro-style system would translate seamlessly to the NFL and his nice-guy persona could serve as a nice foil to some of the more hardline personalities in the pro game.

I am happy to see our coach on the list.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000495537

I don't see Riley ever heading back to the NFL. His record there is horrific and I believe he enjoys the college kids and college town life much better,.

I wouldn't say Riley's stint in the NFL was horrific. Heck, the Chargers had eight straight seasons from 96'-03' of finishing .500 or below. While Riley's record wasn't very good there, he did start the foundation for a decent team. He was the one who drafted Drew Brees and Ladanian Tomlinson. Schottenheimer who replaced Riley had a few years in there where they were darn good but just couldn't win in the playoffs which pretty much sums up Schottenheimer's career in the NFL. Had Riley been given a couple more years, I think he'd probably still be coaching in the NFL today.