***2018 Recruiting***

Going to be interesting with high interest from Masry, Trout and Avery how it plays out. I'll probably start looking at those 3 tonight and see if they fit at NT or DE. Took 2 NT's this year, might get tight if those 3 are all NT's.

Off the top of my head I think Masry could be a DE, Avery is a NT and Trout may be athletic enough to do both.

I think Masry is a NT also. Trout will be most versatile, would be a big get.

Going to be interesting with high interest from Masry, Trout and Avery how it plays out. I'll probably start looking at those 3 tonight and see if they fit at NT or DE. Took 2 NT's this year, might get tight if those 3 are all NT's.

Off the top of my head I think Masry could be a DE, Avery is a NT and Trout may be athletic enough to do both.

Just bring them in baby. Build depth and let the best man win the job

Agreed. Feel like we are just starting to build depth with a lot of young talent. Gotta get that going with another class that's even stronger. Parella's turn to land a "big fish". Not saying that our current ones won't be great

Agreed. Feel like we are just starting to build depth with a lot of young talent. Gotta get that going with another class that's even stronger. Parella's turn to land a "big fish". Not saying that our current ones won't be great

Parella did a great job in this cycle. Give me one Dt and one DE or 3-4 like DE and we will be good. I think with more D line recruits we will see more rotating on the defensive line. It makes sense to rotate this position so these big guys can get some rest. If we can have 5 or 6 or heck 7 solid guys that can come in without missing a beat that would be awesome. This years class could be the start of something big here and I like the talent we are after here too.

Parella did sign 2 4 star DTs and a 4 star DE this class....his first year recruiting at the FBS level....

He has to be among the top recruiters in the nation on this years rankings, right? 3 for 3 on 4*? This staff has Parella, the Williams Group, and Diaco. Hope to add some recruiters in the new hires.

I guess it depends on where you look. On 247, he got credit for landing four 3-stars (Watts, Thomas, Thomas & Daniels) and is #130 in the country, #28 in the B1G.

Parella did sign 2 4 star DTs and a 4 star DE this class....his first year recruiting at the FBS level....

He has to be among the top recruiters in the nation on this years rankings, right? 3 for 3 on 4*? This staff has Parella, the Williams Group, and Diaco. Hope to add some recruiters in the new hires.

I guess it depends on where you look. On 247, he got credit for landing four 3-stars (Watts, Thomas, Thomas & Daniels) and is #130 in the country, #28 in the B1G.

Well, then I guess not then. Still happy to have him.

Just a quick off-the-cuff start for the next year. Not listing too many prospects until I have a better feel for who's interested. More looking at position numbers - 13 Seniors plus oversign by three makes 16 the base but I would guess 18 is likely.

QB - 1 - Colson Yankoff, Tanner McKee

RB - 1-2 - TJ Pledger, Grahm Roberts

WR - 3-4 - ERIC FULLER, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Cameron Brown

TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS,

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 1 - Will Farniok

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU, Trevor Trout

DE - 1-2 -

LB - 2-3 -

CB - 2-3 - Brendan Radley-Hiles, Mario Goodrich

S - 1-2 -

Edited by Mavric

Just a quick off-the-cuff start for the next year. Not listing too many prospects until I have a better feel for who's interested. More looking at position numbers - 13 Seniors plus oversign by three makes 16 the base but I would guess 18 is likely.

RB - 1 - TJ Pledger, Grahm Roberts

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

CB - 1-2 - Brendan Radley-Hiles

S - 1-2 -

I thought I remember a poster saying Mario Goodrich was really interested. Maybe he was talking about a different player from his area but I do know he OV'd here.

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

S - 1-2 -

I thought I remember a poster saying Mario Goodrich was really interested. Maybe he was talking about a different player from his area but I do know he OV'd here.

Mario has us listed as his leader, and is in our 500 radius. But Mav makes the list, so he has final say.

Also, in a class that will have most likely 16-17 recruits, people really think we'll take 4 DL after taking 4 this year? When we run a 3 man front?

No WAY. 3 max next year, and the emphasis will be one more true NT type with 2 solid DE builds. And I wouldn't be surprised with 2 total DL next year.

OT - 2 -

OG/C - 2 - Will Farniok

DE - 2-3 -

LB - 3-4 -

S - 1-2 -

Mario has us listed as his leader, and is in our 500 radius. But Mav makes the list, so he has final say.

Yep Mav does have the final say, but I was just wondering if he had missed him or not realized that Mario made it here. He might be waiting for later down the road to get a better look at him as it is early in the process.

Also, in a class that will have most likely 16-17 recruits, people really think we'll take 4 DL after taking 4 this year? When we run a 3 man front?

No WAY. 3 max next year, and the emphasis will be one more true NT type with 2 solid DE builds. And I wouldn't be surprised with 2 total DL next year.

To follow up on my point - I didn't realize that outside of AJ Natter (meh contribution so far), we won't graduate a single scholarship DL at the end of 2017 season.

By my count, we'll have 13 scholarship linemen after Natter leaves. I'm going to go with 2 DL in the next class.

To follow up on my point - I didn't realize that outside of AJ Natter (meh contribution so far), we won't graduate a single scholarship DL at the end of 2017 season.

By my count, we'll have 13 scholarship linemen after Natter leaves. I'm going to go with 2 DL in the next class.

Isn't that how you build depth? I'm sure Natter won't be the only one leaving, you might have one or two guys jump ship. Plus injuries. If you can get 4 more 4* or gods willing a 5* you take them. Alabama just had a 4* take a grey shirt. Or maybe with the new defense we will see some breakout years and guys will declare for the draft. Being deep with top talent on the line is not a bad problem to have. Plus it seems like the only d-lineman anyone is excited about in the new defense is Davis. That should say something about where we need more talent. I doubt the are looking to take four 2 or 3*s.