1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

Hope we can pass on the kicker.

How do you want to do that? Brown will be a senior this year, right?

I guess if Lightbourne could do it, or this Walk-On, that would be excellent, but I doubt it.

Why do you doubt the walk-on? From what I've heard he has the potential. That's enough for one to hope he progresses over his RS year to a point where the coaches are comfortable with him. It has worked in the past, one could hope it does again.

I think Husker fans will be very happy with Cole Frahm.
We should at least get him on campus before we write him off.
  • Fire 1

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

I guess if Lightbourne could do it, or this Walk-On, that would be excellent, but I doubt it.

Why do you doubt the walk-on? From what I've heard he has the potential. That's enough for one to hope he progresses over his RS year to a point where the coaches are comfortable with him. It has worked in the past, one could hope it does again.

I doubt him because I literally know nothing about him other than that he is a walk-on. So fair or not, I would rather not hand the kicking job over to a RS FR unless he shows that he is capable. I guess we will know next year when we either recruit a K or not.

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

Lol, come on now. I'm not writing anyone off. I'm just saying that as it stands today, when I know nothing about the player, I'd suggest we recruit a K. Obviously that can change.

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

Lol, come on now. I'm not writing anyone off. I'm just saying that as it stands today, when I know nothing about the player, I'd suggest we recruit a K. Obviously that can change.

You said you doubt the walk-on can do it and suggest we need a scholarship kicker.

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

I'm pretty sure the coaching staff knew "something" about him before they let him walk-on, but I'm sure they'll carefully consider your suggestion.

Looks like we are in a position of being pretty selective for the DL in 2018. With guys like Trevor Trout and Calvin Avery showing high interest and many other high profile guys that we may have an outside shot at, do we rethink the offer to Masry? I really don't know what to think. I would hate to turn away an instate kid like that, and there is obviously an entire year for this stuff to play out, just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a discussion the coaches have down the road?

I don't think you remove that scholarship. That kid is raw from what I've heard and could be a great candidate by the end. I think in the end you utilize oversigning at the DL position if one of those big name guys wants N. The fact that you have a guy in Masry that is committed right now does relieve some of the pressure of it being a dire need and really allows for us to be selective.

So where does Masry project in this scheme then? I've never seen any highlights of him. Is he athletic enough at his weight that he could slide out to DE or do we try to bulk him up more and turn him into a mountain at NT? I think Trout has great upside as a DE in this 3-4. Yeah, he's a little heavier, but his athleticism could make him a great fit. Based on everything people have been saying, and going off of what Calvin Avery has already said, Avery seems like a perfect fit as a squatty 2-gap NT.

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

I'm pretty sure the coaching staff knew "something" about him before they let him walk-on, but I'm sure they'll carefully consider your suggestion.

He kicked off the ground all year on PAT and FG (High school allows a tee, he chose not to use it) and made multiple 50+ yarders every day in practice. He also put almost every kickoff out of the back of the end zone. Recruited as a Grayshirt to Oklahoma and multiple others big time schools were after him. Coaches said Brown's scholarship is his when Brown is gone, provided he wins the job as they expect him to.

• Fire 3