***2018 Recruiting***

Putting all our eggs in the Grant Gunnell basket.

Risky, but you have to believe GG will feel awfully flattered. Hopefully it's enough.

I would rather not rely on the flattery a 16 year old kid feels in regards to how to operate a collegiate football team.

Dude, You and I have no clue how to operate a collegiate football team. But, I do know that part of recruiting is making a recruit feel WANTED. Nothing says we want you more than, Hey, we aren't taking a QB in 2018 and you are the only offer we have out for 2019. Enough said.

Tell that to Nick Saban that started a RS freshman at QB in the National Championship and still signed 2 4 star QB's in 2017. This type of flattery will bite teams. Only the best teams know that and sign QB's every year.

Ohio St has 4 QB's ahead of their 2018 5 star QB. Didn't stop them.

Clemson signed a 5 star QB in 2017 and has a commitment from another in 2018

I could list more but you get the point. You don't skip on QB's in any class anymore.

I'm not saying we should skip one, but I trust coach riley more than I do your advice.

Risky, but you have to believe GG will feel awfully flattered. Hopefully it's enough.

I would rather not rely on the flattery a 16 year old kid feels in regards to how to operate a collegiate football team.

Dude, You and I have no clue how to operate a collegiate football team. But, I do know that part of recruiting is making a recruit feel WANTED. Nothing says we want you more than, Hey, we aren't taking a QB in 2018 and you are the only offer we have out for 2019. Enough said.

Tell that to Nick Saban that started a RS freshman at QB in the National Championship and still signed 2 4 star QB's in 2017. This type of flattery will bite teams. Only the best teams know that and sign QB's every year.

I could list more but you get the point. You don't skip on QB's in any class anymore.

I'm not saying we should skip one, but I trust coach riley more than I do your advice.

It's not advice. It's an opinion based on the fact that much better teams than Nebraska don't skip on QB's.

We offered a kicker a scholarship but he's going to wait until 2019 for a QB? Sorry. That's not a solid plan.

• Fire 1

It's not advice. It's an opinion based on the fact that much better teams than Nebraska don't skip on QB's.

We offered a kicker a scholarship but he's going to wait until 2019 for a QB? Sorry. That's not a solid plan.

See how you feel when we need a 47 yard kick to win the game against Wisconsin or something like that.

• Fire 3

See how you feel when we need a 47 yard kick to win the game against Wisconsin or something like that.

Read my post again.

Offering a kicker is fine. Offering a kicker and not offering a QB is not.

Like I said, I like advice or plans from our coaching staff. You're not going to persuade me that you know better or more.

Like I said, I like advice or plans from our coaching staff. You're not going to persuade me that you know better or more.

While I'd like to think we can trust the coaches here, I tend to agree that from a roster management standpoint it's a huge risk skipping on a qb this class

What is the point in having this message board then if people cant voice their opinions?

What is the point in having this message board then if people cant voice their opinions?

Not the point you're making but I'd really like to see this message board disappear.

People can voice their opinions. Mine differs from Matty's. That can happen from time to time.

People can voice their opinions. Mine differs from Matty's. That can happen from time to time.

And the funny thing is I never said I think we shouldn't take a QB, I just said I trust the staff.

And the funny thing is I never said I think we shouldn't take a QB, I just said I trust the staff.

And I never said didn't trust the coaching staff. I just don't like the idea of not taking a QB.

That's the point. Matty is pretty much saying youre not a coach, so you don't know what youre talking about.