***2018 Recruiting***

7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Riley hit the ground running when he was hired.  He was all over the place.  

Yeah, no kidding.

Let's not kid ourselves here or throw shade. If there is 1 thing Riley and company did here, it was recruit their ass off.

(Mav, if you meant our RB coach, I get what you are saying and it's probably accurate. But, would you agree that the former staff delegated by position more. Ex: our former RB coach only visited RB's and we never really recruited many)

Edited by ScottyIce

34 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

Possibly. I have no way of knowing. Not sure what their QB room looks like or if he can transfer to another SEC school?

I think if we were interested in him, we would have offered already. Frost recruited and coached him at Oregon (right?) so he probably knows what he needs to know with him.

On Fitzgerald: I know in the Big10 in conference grad transfers require a release waiver. Not sure about SEC but wouldn't be surprised if was same.

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Surprised there has been no chatter about the IWCC QB Locksley.  He would seem to be a perfect fit for what we want to do on O.

There was on here a few weeks ago, but the pre-existing relationship with Wilson seems to take precedents. 

I think Wilson is the better prospect, but that's just my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Riley hit the ground running when he was hired.  He was all over the place.  

I was talking specifically about Davis compared to Held.

But even the HOL guys have commented several times already about how this group has gotten up and running faster than anyone expected and faster than Riley's group did.  Some of that probably has to do with bringing the entire staff where Riley had to take some time to hire assistants.  Some of it also has to do with this staff knowing about the move ahead of time and doing some research before they were actually hired.

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

(Mav, if you meant our RB coach, I get what you are saying and it's probably accurate. But, would you agree that the former staff delegated by position more. Ex: our former RB coach only visited RB's and we never really recruited many)

Considering I specifically referenced "RB coach" I think it would be fair to assume I was talking about the RB coaches.

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

I was talking specifically about Davis compared to Held.

But even the HOL guys have commented several times already about how this group has gotten up and running faster than anyone expected and faster than Riley's group did.  Some of that probably has to do with bringing the entire staff where Riley had to take some time to hire assistants.  Some of it also has to do with this staff knowing about the move ahead of time and doing some research before they were actually hired.

Sorry about that.  i misread what you were saying.  

And you are correct that Frost basically hiring the entire UCF coaching staff leaves a lot more time to recruit as opposed to getting paperwork done for guys like Langsdorf and Davis that were coaching in the NFL beforehand.  And also, Riley waited a long time for some assistants to make a decision.  And then you had the Charlton Warren deal.

3 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I'm not probably right but I thought that was only if they were transferring into the same conference, out of conference I don't think they have to have one

Yes, His coach of the last 3 years went to Florida so if he followed him, it would be in within the same conference. But if he can't then that opens up the possibility of coming here.

At least one former UCF commit was actually excited to see the former Golden Knights staff, led by Scott Frost, move to Nebraska over the weekend.

Avery Thornton has long been interested in the Huskers program for a variety of reasons. The 3-star athlete committed to UCF over the summer, but backed off that pledge Wednesday night. He’s holding out hope that the new Nebraska staff will extend an offer so he can fulfill a lifelong dream of playing for the Huskers.

“It’s just always been a dream of mine to play for [Nebraska],” Thornton told Land of 10.

His uncles fell in love with the Huskers dynasty of the 1990s and passed down that passion to Thornton. Linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt has contacted Thornton since the transition, but the staff has not offered him a Nebraska scholarship yet.

“But I would love to play for Nebraska,” Thornton said.

Thornton played safety and wide receiver for Boyd Anderson High School in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He’s a solid route runner and can cover a lot of ground on the back end defensively.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/college/nebraska-recruiting-ucf-recruit-commits-hopeful-for-huskers-offer/YHNA7SnKHb44ZH565mNGxM/

• Plus1 1