***2018 Recruiting***

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Lee is most likely gone.  And we’ll see if someone gets in Stanly’s ear over Xmas break.  

You think Stanley is contemplating transferring or NFL draft?

I think transferring would be a step backwards, due to the fact he would need to sit out a year and couldn’t put film out there again for another year for NFL.

I don’t know that he is a better WR than Westerkamp or Reilly, and both of them have struggled to make the cut, although Reilly did finally get his big breakthrough.

edit: you could be right though. Walters made a Biletnikoff reference at him the other day on Twitter. Stanley basically ignored it via twitter anyways.

Edited by ScottyIce

On 12/22/2017 at 11:42 AM, Mavric said:

He has Avery Anderson at corner.  Anderson was recruited as a safety and has been flip-flopped between safety and corner since he got here.  I think he's a safety (if he ever really contributes).

Other than that it's Jackson, Lee and Bootle.  That's brutal.  Though I'm not sure how much I blame Dante Williams.

Will Tony Butler play cornerback or safety?
47 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

This whole viewpoint on recruiting DT's and this guy were always wrong and high risk.  It's the perfect FAIL of the last staff.

Too bad.

That’s why college coaches should be recruiting as many DT’s as possbile. So many of them flame out to be nothing, that you can’t bring in too many. Which makes it even more maddening that the prior staff wasn’t interested in Bryson Williams. That was a kid who lives 5-10 miles from campus, and the old staff couldn’t find room for him to get an offer. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That’s why college coaches should be recruiting as many DT’s as possbile. So many of them flame out to be nothing, that you can’t bring in too many. Which makes it even more maddening that the prior staff wasn’t interested in Bryson Williams. That was a kid who lives 5-10 miles from campus, and the old staff couldn’t find room for him to get an offer. 

Also the guy from Texas we cooled on. He was a .93 guy from same school as Daniels 

6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

I don't really follow recruiting all that closely, but I can only imagine there may have been off-the-field issues we (as fans) are not aware of, leading to that, "...no thanks..."

They told him we wanted him at OT. He wants to play DT. Frost and Co are after him at DT.

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Meatheads they were

3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

They told him we wanted him at OT. He wants to play DT. Frost and Co are after him at DT.

That's also a possibility.  And...it makes sense.  On one hand you want kids that are willing to play where ever the coaches want them, but on the other hand, if a kid doesn't want to play a position, it's not wise to try and force a square peg into a round hole.

2 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

That's also a possibility.  And...it makes sense.  On one hand you want kids that are willing to play where ever the coaches want them, but on the other hand, if a kid doesn't want to play a position, it's not wise to try and force a square peg into a round hole.

Seems to be the common theme of the last staff

• Plus1 2