***2018 Recruiting***

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Wondering if our staff has considered offering this guy....the number 5 overall player in the nation from FLORIDA.

https://247sports.com/Player/Patrick-Surtain-Jr-76862

I actually thought about posting this for the memes. We will not even get a visit from him. We have our targets and visits set. I believe with all the OV's set up we have 54 or 53 OV's that have been taken or are planned, and the university can only give 55 Ov's total or something like that. Might be a little off on that maybe @Mavric knows what I am talking about.

26 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I actually thought about posting this for the memes. We will not even get a visit from him. We have our targets and visits set. I believe with all the OV's set up we have 54 or 53 OV's that have been taken or are planned, and the university can only give 55 Ov's total or something like that. Might be a little off on that maybe @Mavric knows what I am talking about.

Is that a new rule?  I didn't think it was capped.

We currently have 15 commits.  Frost had said the number is 20.  We could sign 22.

I think we're looking for 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 OL, 1 DL, 1 LB and 2 DBs.  Then possibly another WR, 1 TE, another OL and another DL depending on how the numbers work out - especially with Mapieu and Smith.  Jurgens may also end up at LB which might explain why we're still looking for TEs and help fill the numbers at LB.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 2 - ADRIAN MARTINEZ, Matthew Tago, Jamarye Joiner
RB - 2 - JUCO GREG BELL, Javian Hawkins, Ta'zhawn Henry, Maurice Washington
WR - 4-5 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  Dominick Watt Miles Jones
TE - 1-2 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 1-2 - Hamilton Hall, Doug Johnson, Blake McDonald
OG/C - 1-2 - WILL FARNIOK, Jarrett Bell, Tyrone Sampson

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Daniel Carson
LB - 2-3 - DAVID ALSTON, JUCO WILL HONAS, Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Caleb Tannor
CB - 1-2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, Braxton Clark, Taiyon Palmer, Kendrick Torain
S - 2-3 - CJ SMITH, Cam'ron Jones, Tyrese Ross

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Is that a new rule?  I didn't think it was capped.

It is a rule.  I thought it was 56 but I'm not sure.

We've used quite a few but there are also oddities about it.  Like you can count some of them back to the previous year and such.  So I'm not sure exactly how many we have left.  But the HOL guys didn't think it would be a problem as of yesterday.

13 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

I would say 2 or 3. Those being Carson, Washington, and the Ole Miss transfer.

With the recent developments, Washington obviously wont be committing any time soon.

I thought Williams would commit this weekend, but now he is on board, I still think we get 2-3 more. Not fully sure who, but think your guesses of Carson and the Ole Miss transfer are right on.

Think we get 1 maybe 2 other "surprise" ones.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:51 PM, Mavric said:

It is a rule.  I thought it was 56 but I'm not sure.

We've used quite a few but there are also oddities about it.  Like you can count some of them back to the previous year and such.  So I'm not sure exactly how many we have left.  But the HOL guys didn't think it would be a problem as of yesterday.

The rule is 56 OVs per cycle and you can carry over 6 unused ones from the previous cycle.

As of right now - before this weekend's visitors - we have used 41 out of 62.  Word is 8 OVs this weekend so we'll have 13 left for the rest of this cycle.

• Plus1 2