***2018 Recruiting***

On 1/12/2018 at 9:51 AM, Mavric said:

The rule is 56 OVs per cycle and you can carry over 6 unused ones from the previous cycle.

As of right now - before this weekend's visitors - we have used 41 out of 62.  Word is 8 OVs this weekend so we'll have 13 left for the rest of this cycle.

Which the bad thing about this year kids can do spring official visits and the official visits number doesn’t reset until August. We’ve been able to get quite a few kids to unofficial the spring game before so hopefully that continues. 

Edited by famoustitles

50 minutes ago, famoustitles said:

Which the bad thing about this year kids can do spring official visits this year and the official visits number doesn’t reset until August. We’ve been able to get quite a few kids to unofficial the spring game before so hopefully that continues. 

I guess I would think the OV count would reset in February.  It's "per cycle" and the cycle for visits would expire at the end of the 2018 class and be reset when visits start for the 2019 class.

15 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Thought exercise on Dixon...

Do we want him eligible this year?  If so, that means that Shea Patterson at Mich will be eligible too.  So is it more important to have Dixon this year, or to have make Harbaugh go another year w/o a decent QB?

I'd rather have Frost have his full arsenal and take my chances against whoever the opponent brings out.

• Plus1 2
22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Do we want him eligible this year?  If so, that means that Shea Patterson at Mich will be eligible too.  So is it more important to have Dixon this year, or to have make Harbaugh go another year w/o a decent QB?

Absolutely.  He’s speed at the LB position we lack.

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'd rather have our guy eligible for the whole season versus worrying about one player on an opponent for one game, two max.

• Plus1 3
11 hours ago, Mavric said:

I guess I would think the OV count would reset in February.  It's "per cycle" and the cycle for visits would expire at the end of the 2018 class and be reset when visits start for the 2019 class.

Doesn’t the main signing period technically go until April? Perhaps they don’t consider a cycle done until after the signing period for the cycle is officially closed.

8 hours ago, caveman99 said:

Doesn’t the main signing period technically go until April? Perhaps they don’t consider a cycle done until after the signing period for the cycle is officially closed.

Yeah, that would be the same thing.  It would reset when this cycle is over and next year's cycle starts.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, that would be the same thing.  It would reset when this cycle is over and next year's cycle starts.

So if their visit limit carries thru April then they are in a crunch to stretch the allotted 2017 official visits out now before signing day AND for the initial 2018 visitors for Spring Game. 13 visits remaining after this weekend with 2 more to go until signing day plus the Spring Game seems tight.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

All I know if I am very excited with the level of talent we are getting to campus on such short notice. I expect this staff to out recruit several of our previous staffs. They also know what they want and need to run their system. I am PUMPED! 

Pumped is an understatement for me.  I like the fact that many of the recruits are athletes first and foremost, and can perhaps shift to another position, if needed.