***2018 Recruiting***

We currently have 15 commits.  Plus two transfers - I wonder if we're holding a scholarship spot for Vedral.  We could sign 22 or 21 if Vedral has a spot.

Not sure we're taking a second QB now with Vedral on board and Tago not visiting this weekend.  Numbers are getting tight with seven spots left - six if Vedral gets a scholly.  Of course that also depend on the academic situations of Mapieu and Smith.  Mapieu is sounding better now.  Not sure where Smith is.

I would say we're for sure taking 1 RB or RB/WR hybrid, 1 OL, 1 DL and 1 DB.  I think we'd take another RB/WR, OL and DB if we can get the guys we want.  I'm sure we'd take JJB or Tannor but I think we could get by with the LBs we have, plus I kind of think Jurgens gets moved.

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1-2 - ADRIAN MARTINEZ, Matthew Tago, Jamarye Joiner
RB - 2 - JUCO GREG BELL, Javian Hawkins, Ta'zhawn Henry, Maurice Washington
WR - 4-5 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  Dominick Watt Miles Jones
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 1-2 - Hamilton Hall, Doug Johnson, Blake McDonald
OG/C - 1-2 - WILL FARNIOK, Jarrett Bell, Tyrone Sampson

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU
DE - 1-2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Daniel Carson
LB - 2-3 - DAVID ALSTON, JUCO WILL HONAS, Javontae Jean-Baptiste, Caleb Tannor
CB - 1-2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, Braxton Clark, Taiyon Palmer, Kendrick Torain
S - 1-2 - CJ SMITH, Cam'ron Jones, Tyrese Ross

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

As well as the weekend appears to have gone and we didnt have any high school commits yet. I have a feeling we hit one today. With our limited spots left maybe that would spur a flurry to make sure they hold their spot.

This happens every time. They need to go home and talk it over. Some like Miles Jones have given updated timelines. They will come. It's just not as frequently on the weekend as people would like.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:17 PM, Mavric said:

Random weather note:

It was cold in Lincoln.

In somewhat-related news, the four remaining teams in the NFL playoffs are New England, Philadelphia, Minnesota and Jacksonville.  Could have swapped Pittsburgh for Jacksonville and made it a clean sweep for the north.

Minnesota plays in a dome, you dummy. 

;)

• Plus1 1

On 1/13/2018 at 10:42 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

All I know if I am very excited with the level of talent we are getting to campus on such short notice. I expect this staff to out recruit several of our previous staffs. They also know what they want and need to run their system. I am PUMPED! 

Is this sentiment based off of any metrics like stars or offer lists, or is it more of just a 'feeling'?

I'm not saying this is an indictment on Frost, but we're currently ranked 8th in the B1G and 3rd in the West.

Edited by Landlord
5 hours ago, Landlord said:

Is this sentiment based off of any metrics like stars or offer lists, or is it more of just a 'feeling'?

I'm not saying this is an indictment on Frost, but we're currently ranked 8th in the B1G and 3rd in the West.

I think when you look at where the class was after all the defections, the emphasis on juco patchwork to help turnover the roster, transfers, and the amount of visits we have secured given the time constraints and limited pool of talent, it's easy to feel this staff is doing a bang up job. I agree though, no time to celebrate either. Let's see how this class finishes and if they can carry this energy and buzz around the program into next year.

On 1/13/2018 at 2:13 PM, caveman99 said:

Ok that makes more sense. Thanks.

Apparently I was not correct on this.  I understood it to be per cycle.  But now I'm seeing that the OV count doesn't reset until August.  Maybe when they made the change to earlier OVs they didn't change the OV reset date to match.

At any rate, it sounds like the understanding right now is we won't have very many OVs to use this spring because the "cycle" doesn't reset until August.

On 1/12/2018 at 11:25 AM, famoustitles said:

Which the bad thing about this year kids can do spring official visits and the official visits number doesn’t reset until August. We’ve been able to get quite a few kids to unofficial the spring game before so hopefully that continues. 

20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Apparently I was not correct on this.  I understood it to be per cycle.  But now I'm seeing that the OV count doesn't reset until August.  Maybe when they made the change to earlier OVs they didn't change the OV reset date to match.

At any rate, it sounds like the understanding right now is we won't have very many OVs to use this spring because the "cycle" doesn't reset until August.

• Plus1 1

We currently have 15 16 commits plus two transfers.  We could sign 22.

Not sure we're taking a second QB now with Vedral on board and Tago not visiting last weekend.  Numbers are getting tight with seven spots left.  Of course that also depend on the academic situations of Mapieu and Smith.  Mapieu is sounding better now.  Not sure where Smith is.

I would say we're for sure taking 1 RB or RB/WR hybrid, 1 OL, 1 DE and 1 DB.  I think we'd take another RB/WR, OL and DB if we can get the guys we want.  I'm sure we'd take JJB or Tannor but I think we could get by with the LBs we have, plus I kind of think Jurgens gets moved.

Miles Jones (WR/RB), Jarrett Bell (OL), Casey Rogers (DE - committed) and Cam'ron Jones (DB - possible hold-up) are looking like good chances to commit at the first four spots.  Tannor seems interested - we might miss out on JJB.  Carson is sounding iffy (thinking he's probably out with Rogers committed).  I think Henry, Sampson and maybe Tago are backup plans.  Also a couple other guys we're working on but not sure how interested they are yet.

QB - 1-2 - ADRIAN MARTINEZ, Matthew Tago
RB - 2 - JUCO GREG BELL, Ta'zhawn Henry, Jashaun Corbin
WR - 4-5 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  Dominick Watt Miles Jones, Andre Hunt, John Jackson
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 1 - Hamilton Hall, Blake McDonald, Jarrett Bell
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK, Tyrone Sampson

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, CASEY ROGERS
CB - 1-2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, Braxton Clark, Taiyon Palmer, Kendrick Torain, Cam Taylor

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

Edited by Mavric
Updated
41 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We currently have 15 commits plus two transfers.  We could sign 22.

Not sure we're taking a second QB now with Vedral on board and Tago not visiting last weekend.  Numbers are getting tight with seven spots left.  Of course that also depend on the academic situations of Mapieu and Smith.  Mapieu is sounding better now.  Not sure where Smith is.

I would say we're for sure taking 1 RB or RB/WR hybrid, 1 OL, 1 DE and 1 DB.  I think we'd take another RB/WR, OL and DB if we can get the guys we want.  I'm sure we'd take JJB or Tannor but I think we could get by with the LBs we have, plus I kind of think Jurgens gets moved.

Miles Jones (WR/RB), Jarrett Bell (OL), Casey Rogers (DE) and Cam'ron Jones (DB - possible hold-up) are looking like good chances to commit at the first four spots.  Tannor seems interested - we might miss out on JJB.  Carson is sounding iffy.  I think Henry, Sampson and maybe Tago are backup plans.  Also a couple other guys we're working on but not sure how interested they are yet.

QB - 1-2 - ADRIAN MARTINEZ, Matthew Tago
RB - 2 - JUCO GREG BELL, Javian Hawkins, Ta'zhawn Henry, Jashaun Corbin
WR - 4-5 - JUCO JARON WOODYARDJUSTIN McGRIFF, KATERIAN LeGRONE, JUCO MIKE WILLAIMS,  Dominick Watt Miles Jones
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 1 - Hamilton Hall, Blake McDonald, Jarrett Bell
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK, Tyrone Sampson

NT - 1-2 - MASRY MAPIEU
DE - 1-2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Daniel Carson, Casey Rogers
CB - 1-2 - JUCO DEONTAI WILLIAMS, Braxton Clark, Taiyon Palmer, Kendrick Torain

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

Time to update this :)

• Plus1 1