***2018 Recruiting***

12 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Assuming those kids win (they would), their impact also lasts on. 

One is able to bring new 5 star recruits, the other just plays. Sure their performance can be a draw, but the coach has to make the sell. Besides you are assuming that the 5 stars would all live up to their potential under a different coach. I would submit MR, Texas, LSU, etc. as examples of under achievers. 

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

So is Indepence CC the site for Last Chance U this year then? I thought what I read said he is going to be on that show when it airs.

Ok. I think I figured it out but it might be wrong. He played for Arizona Western last year, then transferred to Independence CC for whatever reason. So he may have been on last chance you for Arizona Western.

If this guy wants to be on the team it would be as a walk-on. He went 6-12 from field goals and 27-33 on extra points. That does not scream scholarship player to me.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

Ok. I think I figured it out but it might be wrong. He played for Arizona Western last year, then transferred to Independence CC for whatever reason. So he may have been on last chance you for Arizona Western.

If this guy wants to be on the team it would be as a walk-on. He went 6-12 from field goals and 27-33 on extra points. That does not scream scholarship player to me.

And this guy is all american??

• 2 weeks later...

Finding the Right Fit

Article talking a little about the deeper part of recruiting, a kid's character.

"I wanted to talk to the janitors in the school, I wanted to talk to the history teacher, I wanted to talk to the counselors, I wanted to talk to the principal, I wanted to talk to the lunch lady. I wanted to go around town and talk to the people that his mom works with. Then I want to sit in their home and talk with their family and have an open, honest discussion about what the expectations are at Nebraska, how does he fit in that realm."

There will still be misses because there are always things you can't figure out and sometimes things change, but this strategy will surely help make sure you get a higher percentage of kids that contribute.

• Plus1 1
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

https://247sports.com/player/cam-goode-87666

Here is his 247 profile, looks like a DT which would be a great addition. I don't know if he would play this year though because he might be behind the 8 ball on the playbook.

Also here is this.

I would guess would still have to sit out a year as a transfer. Read article about him transferring and the comments were that he was pretty lazy and didn’t want to do the conditioning and then quit.  https://247sports.com/Article/Virginia-Tech-releases-DT-Cam-Goode-from-his-scholarship-set-to-transfer-120238616/

• Plus1 1