***2018 Recruiting***

So we are at 82. Let's pretend we don't land any grad transfers or any new recruits for this season.

Tyler Hoppes is going to get a scholly for this season.

Luke McNitt might if he is going to be the starting FB.

They are both Seniors, and would put us at 84.

Reimers is getting a scholarship, you can bet your bottom on it.

He is a junior, and would put us at 85 for the season. His wouldn't come off the books, unless we were to only offer him a 1 year scholly, which I would doubt considering he is going to play quite a bit.

This means we would have 14 open scholarships without attrition, and we could sign up to 17... Which Riley didn't do last season.

Now, looking at possible attrition, since that's what some are hoping so we can sign 20. (Not sure how you can predict guys that might leave, but I'll try) We would need 3 to leave, just to be able to get to 20. Also, those 3 would have to either leave during or before the season, or well before NSD, so that we could actual sign a player for their scholarship.

Sedrick King? Possibly a Grad Transfer if he doesn't get much PT this year. Not sure on his graduation requirements to be able to do so, just would assume he is close.

Jalen Barnett? Possibly Transfer, hasn't gotten any opportunities for whatever reason it is.

MIkale Wilbon? Grad Transfer possibly if he doesn't get a fair shake this season?

I feel like I'm really reaching with those predictions. I'm sure we will have some sort of attrition, just not sure who and not sure if it will amount to 3 players or not.

Time will tell. I can tell you for a fact that we will sign between 15-20 players though.

Pure speculation of candidates for leaving but here's my list of possibilities:

Brokop: The coaches are ready to show him the door.

King: Agree with you. Could look for bigger role.

Darlington: Loves the program. But I wondering if he'd grad transfer to see the field at a lessor school?

Avery Anderson: Just can't seem to gain ground anywhere. 3rd string now and Blades, Bookie, etc are joining the fold during the remainder of his time here.

Decker: He's a good player and I hope it's not the case but he has some health problems that could be a wildcard in his career.

Whats going on with Brokop?

Running with the 3s and 4s. Getting worked by walk-ons and has a bad attitude when he gets beat.

So we are at 82. Let's pretend we don't land any grad transfers or any new recruits for this season.

He is a junior, and would put us at 85 for the season. His wouldn't come off the books, unless we were to only offer him a 1 year scholly, which I would doubt considering he is going to play quite a bit.

This means we would have 14 open scholarships without attrition, and we could sign up to 17... Which Riley didn't do last season.

Now, looking at possible attrition, since that's what some are hoping so we can sign 20. (Not sure how you can predict guys that might leave, but I'll try) We would need 3 to leave, just to be able to get to 20. Also, those 3 would have to either leave during or before the season, or well before NSD, so that we could actual sign a player for their scholarship.

Sedrick King? Possibly a Grad Transfer if he doesn't get much PT this year. Not sure on his graduation requirements to be able to do so, just would assume he is close.

Jalen Barnett? Possibly Transfer, hasn't gotten any opportunities for whatever reason it is.

MIkale Wilbon? Grad Transfer possibly if he doesn't get a fair shake this season?

I feel like I'm really reaching with those predictions. I'm sure we will have some sort of attrition, just not sure who and not sure if it will amount to 3 players or not.

Time will tell. I can tell you for a fact that we will sign between 15-20 players though.

Darlington: Loves the program. But I wondering if he'd grad transfer to see the field at a lessor school?

Avery Anderson: Just can't seem to gain ground anywhere. 3rd string now and Blades, Bookie, etc are joining the fold during the remainder of his time here.

Decker: He's a good player and I hope it's not the case but he has some health problems that could be a wildcard in his career.

Running with the 3s and 4s. Getting worked by walk-ons and has a bad attitude when he gets beat.
Yup. Should hear what a former lineman had to say about him.

So if 15 really is our number, even the low end numbers I have below add up to 17 not counting the ATH line. Riley hasn't said numbers for everything but it seems that WR, TE, OT, OG, DT, DE and LB are pretty solid (11 total). Assuming we stick with the plan of taking a Kicker, that would leave two remaining combined spots for QB, RB, CB and S (with Bookie already committed). Interesting.

Current Scholarships/Commits

Priority:
OT - Glaring need of depth
CB - Grabbing Bookie is huge. Need a couple more.
RB - With Oz seeming to fall out of favor, we need to hit at this spot this year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QB - 1 - Tanner McKee
RB - 1 - Grahm Roberts, Mychale Salahuddin, Kirby Bennett, JaVeon Marlow, Tavion Thomas
WR - 3 - ERIC FULLER, MANUEL ALLEN, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Cameron Brown, Joshua Moore, Kobe Smith, Blake Veargis, CJ Moore
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 2 - Antwan Reed, Michael Thompson, Chris Bleich
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU, Trevor Trout, Josh Walker, Calvin Avery, Joshua Landry
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Draco Bynum, Judge Culpepper
LB - 1 - Reggie Hughes, Jalen Redmond, Cameron Latu, Randy Charlton, James Head, Adrian Jackson
CB - 2-3 - BRENDAN RADLEY-HILES, Olaijah Griffin, Jaquayln Crawford, Chase Williams
S - 1-2 - Steve Stephens, Stephen Blaylock, Mario Goodrich, Bryan Addison

ATH - Talanoa Hufanga

K - 1 - Barret Pickering

Edited by Mavric

Is part of this extremely small class partly blamed on not taking any JUCO players since Riley has been here? If he would have taken a few JUCOs his first year, those scholarships would be coming up this year. (for a 2 for 2 player).

I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing. I would prefer to bring in good HS players. But, sometimes coaches will use JUCOs to even out recruiting classes and that hasn't happened in the last could of years.

Is part of this extremely small class partly blamed on not taking any JUCO players since Riley has been here? If he would have taken a few JUCOs his first year, those scholarships would be coming up this year. (for a 2 for 2 player).

I'm not necessarily saying that's a bad thing. I would prefer to bring in good HS players. But, sometimes coaches will use JUCOs to even out recruiting classes and that hasn't happened in the last could of years.

They brought in a transfer that got an extra yr... same as bringing in a Juco QB

• Fire 1

To some extent I suppose. If you usually bring in 1-2 JUCOs you'd have another spot or two.

Probably more a bad combination of attrition out of that class and the Class of 2013 that redshirted.. The 2014 class has lost Bush, Tolbert, Irons, Walton and Mosley. And the Class of 2013 that redshirted their first year has lost Stanton, Gladney, Hart, Hannon and Love.

And what was that?

Nebraska did go after a couple JUCO's, at least it appeared that way as an outsider.

Riley was pretty clear in his comments though that you don't build successful programs off of JUCO's. They wanted 4 year guys. Can't blame em for that. It's not like we are "penalized" for having a small class this year, it's not like we are losing scholarships like we did something wrong. We just have a full boat right now. Not the end of times.

And what was that?
Check PM.