***2018 Recruiting***

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The o-line returns a lot of starters and by my count has 8 or 9 scholarship players that are sophomores or younger. I think the group is thin at tackles, but has decent depth at the interior line. I just don’t know what to think of the o-line because I think they were stuck with the worst coach on the previous staff. Cavanaugh only cared about pass blocking and getting 5 guys to play the entire game each Saturday. I think the position group will be rejuvenated by a new coach. 

Not that they aren't important but I don't think tackles are as important in the normal sense one would think of tackles especially left tackle with a right handed QB.  Mostly zone blocking and little drop back passing in this offense.  I would guess guys might be more interchangeable than the last offense 

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Is it me or has Frost been going after Georgia hard with a lot of these recruits

Georgia has a LOT of talent and doesn’t have as many FBS schools as Florida does, so there could be a better chance for  those kids to go outside of the state/region. Plus, Orlando is pretty close to Georgia, so Frost probably has been recruiting that state at UCF for the past 2 years. 

• Plus1 1

On 12/31/2017 at 0:09 AM, HuskermanMike said:

https://nebraska.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Commits/Preview

Here is a class calculator that you can play with on 247 if anyone is interested. 

It's not showing what I had on my calculation, but it gives you a blank slate. I have no idea if you can copy/paste your prediction or class score, if you can I don't know how.

Ran the calculator based on adding the following players (I know, dreaming):  

Ta'zhawn Henry

Dominick Watt

Blake McDonald

Jarrett Bell

Michael Thompson

Daniel Carson

Javontae Jean-Baptiste

Cam'ron Jones

We would end up with seven 4* players (unless Thompson gets his fifth *) and a class rating of 230.58.  

2018 Nebraska Football Class Calculator - Google Chrome_2018-01-03_08-06-18.jpg

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm concerned that the new QB offers mean the staff know another one is leaving.

We need bodies badly in the QB room.  I think also its probably a safe assumption that the loser of the POB/Gebbia dual in the spring moves on.

So trying to grab another QB gives us 3 scholly QBs on the roster come fall.

POB/Gebbia

A-Magic

2nd Fr QB

• Plus1 1

Just now, Red Five said:

We need bodies badly in the QB room.  I think also its probably a safe assumption that the loser of the POB/Gebbia dual in the spring moves on.

So trying to grab another QB gives us 3 scholly QBs on the roster come fall.

POB/Gebbia

A-Magic

2nd Fr QB

I think it's quite possible that either POB or Gebbia will leave.  I've said that since Gebbia committed.

I don't think either is planning on it but it would be a pretty tough decision to stay if they get beat out by someone who has 3+ years to play.

But I think they'd be taking two even if they think they can convince everyone to stay.  If either POB or Gebbia gets hurt you'd be down to just one guy before you had to burn a redshirt.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Not sure but I was wondering the same

What Ole Miss, the SEC, and the NCAA cannot allow is someone like Breon Dixon to transfer. Dixon was not in the 2016 class. He was not at the recruiting visit where Freeze misled players, however unintentionally, into believing the NCAA investigation was essentially over. Dixon knew the investigation was ongoing and that Ole Miss would take a larger hit than a “couple of scholarships.”

Of course, you don’t want a discontent player on your team and in your locker room. Let him walk, but make sure he sits a year and pays his due, just like anyone else transferring across the country.

https://www.redcuprebellion.com/2017/12/7/16748470/ole-miss-football-ncaa-transfer-sec-breon-dixon-rebels-georgia-scholarship-restrictions-bowl-ban

Seems to be an open question based on when he signed.