***2018 Recruiting***

We went through a list of guys who could maybe leave awhile back.

Brokop, Avery Anderson, Eric Lee possibly if he gets jumped this year, Barnett, Maybe a RB? Maybe a Young TE that feels buried on depth chart? I can't remember who else we discussed.

Can't see Lee going now, he's our 2nd best CB at the moment and the guy ahead of him is a SR.

Some talk Darlington will focus on his coaching career after this year.

I could see a guy like Antonio Reed slipping and going.

Brokop, Avery Anderson, Eric Lee possibly if he gets jumped this year, Barnett, Maybe a RB? Maybe a Young TE that feels buried on depth chart? I can't remember who else we discussed.

Can't see Lee going now, he's our 2nd best CB at the moment and the guy ahead of him is a SR.

I could see a linebacker or two leaving
  • Fire 1

I actually had that typed out but then got to thinking and couldn't decide who.

I could as well or maybe defensive or offensive line transfer.

The kid from Florida. Simmons?

We need to find a way to fit 20 in this class. The way things are going we will not want to turn any of these youths away.

ADS, for this class to get to 20 we will need 7-8 players to leave the program by next summer and 5 of them will have needed to leave by NSD.

As of right now, we would only *have* to have 2 leave to get to 20. We have 15 open spots and can over-sign by 3.

Now, we may choose to leave Reimers and Conrad (or others) on scholarship which would reduce the number of open spots but I don't see us putting that many walk-ons on scholarship to need 7-8 to leave.

Not sure why he'd leave already. Only a redshirt freshman, with junior senior frosh in front of him is all.

We need to find a way to fit 20 in this class. The way things are going we will not want to turn any of these youths away.

ADS, for this class to get to 20 we will need 7-8 players to leave the program by next summer and 5 of them will have needed to leave by NSD.

As of right now, we would only *have* to have 2 leave to get to 20. We have 15 open spots and can over-sign by 3.

Now, we may choose to leave Reimers and Conrad (or others) on scholarship which would reduce the number of open spots but I don't see us putting that many walk-ons on scholarship to need 7-8 to leave.

My base number was 12-13. Hadn't realized we were up to 15 open spots? So why wouldnt we utilize those scholarships open on walk ons? The problem is their aren't many SR walk-ons currently to use them on. They should be going to underclassmen walk-ons. That's where it gets hard. Do you give it to them for this year then say no dice next year?

Word is we have been targeting 4 DBs in this class but now may be looking at five. I don't see how that works at 15 but that's the story. More speculation that we may pass on taking a QB this time around.

Will also be interesting to see if we're now done at WR.

Current Scholarships/Commits

Priority:
OT - Glaring need of depth
RB - With Oz seeming to fall out of favor, we need to hit at this spot this year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QB - 0-1 - Tanner McKee
RB - 1 - Grahm Roberts, JaVeon Marlow, Tavion Thomas
WR - 3-4 - ERIC FULLER, MANUEL ALLEN, CAMERON BROWN, Kamryn Babb, Nikko Hall, Joshua Moore, Kobe Smith, Blake Veargis
TE - 1 - CAMERON JURGENS
OT - 2 - Michael Thompson, Chris Bleich, Trey Stratford
OG/C - 1 - WILL FARNIOK

NT - 1 - MASRY MAPIEU, Trevor Trout, Josh Walker, Calvin Avery, Joshua Landry
DE - 2 - TATE WILDEMAN, Judge Culpepper, Daniel Carson
LB - 1 - Reggie Hughes, Jalen Redmond, Cameron Latu, Randy Charlton, James Head, Adrian Jackson
CB - 2-3 - BRENDAN RADLEY-HILES, CHASE WILLIAMS
S - 1-2 - Mario Goodrich, Bryan Addison

ATH - Talanoa Hufanga

K - 1 - BARRET PICKERING

Edited by Mavric
  • Fire 1

Not sure why he'd leave already. Only a redshirt freshman, with junior senior frosh in front of him is all.
Haven't really heard much about him. With the defensive change he might be kind of a fish out of water. Just throwing him out there.

Ok, we are loaded at skill positions; let's focus on linemen!

Sounds like we are only taking 1 more and it appears were zeroed in on Bleich. Not sure what else we can do on OL. I also think we are taking only 1 more DT. For that we are zeroed in on about 3 different guys that are studs. Be patient on the beef.