***2018 Recruiting***

Looks like we are in a position of being pretty selective for the DL in 2018. With guys like Trevor Trout and Calvin Avery showing high interest and many other high profile guys that we may have an outside shot at, do we rethink the offer to Masry? I really don't know what to think. I would hate to turn away an instate kid like that, and there is obviously an entire year for this stuff to play out, just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a discussion the coaches have down the road?

As long as only 1 of them is a NT and other two are DE's I think we are fine with taking all 3... I think we do have some work to do though to make that happen. I don't see how we can take more than 3 DL though.

Very easily, we sign 4.

I think we only go over 3 if we have attrition.

SR:

JR: Newell, Stoltenberg, King,

SO: Davis, Davis, Neal (ADavis moves to OLB imo)

RFR: Stille (Miller moves to OLB imo.)

FR: Daniels, Watt, Thomas, Walker

HS: Masry, (Trout, Avery)

Do I have everyone?

Looks like we are in a position of being pretty selective for the DL in 2018. With guys like Trevor Trout and Calvin Avery showing high interest and many other high profile guys that we may have an outside shot at, do we rethink the offer to Masry? I really don't know what to think. I would hate to turn away an instate kid like that, and there is obviously an entire year for this stuff to play out, just wondering if anyone thinks this may be a discussion the coaches have down the road?

As long as only 1 of them is a NT and other two are DE's I think we are fine with taking all 3... I think we do have some work to do though to make that happen. I don't see how we can take more than 3 DL though.

Very easily, we sign 4.

SR:

Do I have everyone?

Shouldn't there be two Thomas' and no Walker?

Very easily, we sign 4.

SR:

Do I have everyone?

Probably has guy thomas in the olb role. riley said in the press conference he could fit there

Our DE recruiting isn't going to be as much of a priority anymore going to a 3-4. It is nothing to see teams in a 3-4 with a starting DEs weighing 280-290+. We can recruit lighter DTs and have them play DE. Look at some of the kids we are recruiting that are labeled DT but could play both.

DT Masry is 270+ right now

DT Hawkins is 255+ right now

DT Trout is 290+ right now and will be a true NT after a year or 2 but could play DE right away

DT Avery is 315+ and will start out a true NT

DT Letuligasenoa is 295+ and will be a true NT after a year or 2 but could play DE right away

DT Parker is 268+ right now

DT Landry is 255+ right now

DT Vincent is 285+ right now and could grow into a true NT but could play DE

Just to be clear, I'm not saying we should go away from recruiting DEs but we can be a little more open when it comes to recruiting the DL.

Very easily, we sign 4.

SR:

Do I have everyone?

Only if you think that Guy Thomas is going to play DE. (Every team in his final 3 was pitching OLB in a 3-4 role). Also, Walker has been quoted multiple times saying he wants to play defense. I guess that one is more up in the air than Guy Thomas, IMO.

Very easily, we sign 4.

SR:

Do I have everyone?

Probably has guy thomas in the olb role. riley said in the press conference he could fit there
gotcha

Very easily, we sign 4.

SR:

Do I have everyone?

gotcha

Walker really wants DL too

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

Hope we can pass on the kicker.

How do you want to do that? Brown will be a senior this year, right?

I guess if Lightbourne could do it, or this Walk-On, that would be excellent, but I doubt it.

Why do you doubt the walk-on? From what I've heard he has the potential. That's enough for one to hope he progresses over his RS year to a point where the coaches are comfortable with him. It has worked in the past, one could hope it does again.

I think we need

1 QB

1 RB

4 WR

1 TE

3 OL

3 DL

2 OLB

1 MLB

3 DB

1 K

Hope we can pass on the kicker.

How do you want to do that? Brown will be a senior this year, right?

I guess if Lightbourne could do it, or this Walk-On, that would be excellent, but I doubt it.

Why do you doubt the walk-on? From what I've heard he has the potential. That's enough for one to hope he progresses over his RS year to a point where the coaches are comfortable with him. It has worked in the past, one could hope it does again.

I think Husker fans will be very happy with Cole Frahm.

We will still go after elite DE prospects if they translate to a 3-4 rush olb. A guy like Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley or Guy Thomas like we signed this year. As far as guys that our going to be playing DE for us I really like the idea of just targeting HS DT prospects to play across the line because those DT guys come in a variety of sizes that fit differently across all of our DL positions