2015 FIFA Women's World Cup

zoogs

That is the best game the USA has played in a while.

Dont kid yourself, Germany deserved the #1 ranking and was dominant coming in to this game. That is a good team offensively that we made look awful.

Outside of the Penalty shot, the USA controlled the action and Germany didnt have many legit chances.

Both PK's were valid, but close. I appreciate the official called it even.

Huge game for this team. We should be able to beat Japan/England winner if we play like that. Tough run for Germany. Australia/France/USA were all top 10 teams.

• Fire 1

Going to be USA/Japan in the Final on July 5.

Can't wait for the rematch. Heartbreak for the English team. You hate to see anyone go out like that.

USA's two centerbacks, Becky Sauerbrunn and Julie Johnston, are the key members of a tremendous back line of defense. Both of them are probably shoe-ins for the all-tournament team. And they're both on yellow cards going into the final. That's something that really bears watching. One mistake and not only do we lose a key player, we're down to 10.

Can't wait for the rematch. Heartbreak for the English team. You hate to see anyone go out like that.

USA's two centerbacks, Becky Sauerbrunn and Julie Johnston, are the key members of a tremendous back line of defense. Both of them are probably shoe-ins for the all-tournament team. And they're both on yellow cards going into the final. That's something that really bears watching. One mistake and not only do we lose a key player, we're down to 10.

The yellows don't matter at this point, they could still get one and not be out the rest of the game. For example, if someone had gotten a yellow in the first group game, they could still finish out the rest of the next game even if they got another yellow. They would then have to sit out the next game though. At least that's what I think is right after watching soccer very often for over 10 years! :P

I didn't understand why the English goal keeper was so upset, that was a good shot by the Japanese player on goal. This morning I found out that it was an English player that kicked it. Oops

I won't say that the US should handle Japan, because that was the same attitude going into the last Final and it didn't turn out so well for us. That being said, there's no doubt in my mind that the US is the better team on the field, and if they play the way they did against the Germans, they will have no problem with Japan.

However, I'm willing to bet that Japan isn't going to go full throttle pressure like Germany did. They're going to be much more patient, and we're going to have to allow them to have more possession than Germany did. But that same offensive mindset of attack attack attack will need to be present. This game will probably be won by the defensive tactics and effort.