2015 FIFA Women's World Cup

zoogs

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say if we continue not allowing any goals, we have a real chance to win this thing.

Germany, France, and pretty much every other potential opponent is going to be a BIG step up from Chian, though. But today's play was impressive!

I didn't realize this, but a cool twist in yesterday's game was how meaningful the Supreme Court decision that came down was.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/06/26/uswnt-china-supreme-court-marriage-equality-wambach-womens-world-cup

Forward Abby Wambach is married to a former U.S. professional women's soccer player who made an appearance with the USWNT once, and midfielder Megan Rapinoe and USWNT head coach Jill Ellis are also gay. The U.S. ladies, had they scored a second goal, had a "hat-tip to the Supreme Court" celebration planned (which is really too bad! Maybe we'll see it against Germany?). It's cool to know that we're a long way away from 1981, when Billie Jean King coming out resulted in her losing all her endorsement deals. The men's sports world here is a little bit different, but we'll get there someday, I hope.