Signed - CB DiCaprio Bootle

Player: DiCaprio Bootle
Hometown: Miami, Florida
School: Southridge
Position: Cornerback
Height: 5-11
Weight: 175
40 time:
Offers: Appalachian State, Florida International, Middle Tennessee State, Nebraska, South Alabama, Temple, UCF
Visits: 11/7/15 vs. Michigan State

O8n7o.png

Twitter

Rivals: :star:star:star
247:
Scout:
ESPN:

Hudl

• Upvote 1

After reading the story, he is pretty intrigued by Nebraska. Only attended camp because Nebraska was coming. Loved watching Suh, Amakamura. Sounded like a fan of Nebraska and said an offer from Neb would be big because it's P5 and because it's Nebraska.

So...obviously the kid has speed. If the coaches are running the camp, I would assume they would do what it takes to make sure the players aren't fudging the times.

I wonder why he is so under the radar.

So...obviously the kid has speed. If the coaches are running the camp, I would assume they would do what it takes to make sure the players aren't fudging the times.

I wonder why he is so under the radar.

From pictures I've seen from the camps, I think the coaches are often the ones timing the 40s. So that's probably what he ran. Would be 4.5-4.6 electronic but that's still pretty good.

21.3 200 meters at the state meet last year which I'm sure is electronic. That would be the state record in Nebraska.

Rivals had jumped the gun, saying he had an offer, but he has one now. Had a long conversation with Coach Stewart tonight, and is now planning a mid-July visit to Nebraska. Good chance of a commitment afterwards.

Perfect example of why these satellite camps are a good thing - at least at this point in time, this camp gave this kid a HUGE upgrade in possibilities for college that didn't exist beforehand.

Perfect example of why these satellite camps are a good thing - at least at this point in time, this camp gave this kid a HUGE upgrade in possibilities for college that didn't exist beforehand.

But, but, but, Applachian State beat Michigan!

Supposedly he is coming for a visit shortly after the dead period ends. I would be surprised if he doesn't commit after that. He is very fast no doubt, but it will be interesting to see how the recruiting sites evaluate him.

Supposedly he is coming for a visit shortly after the dead period ends. I would be surprised if he doesn't commit after that. He is very fast no doubt, but it will be interesting to see how the recruiting sites evaluate him.

And after that it will be interesting to see who else offers. Is he just fast or is he a good football player too?

If he's good, hopefully we can get him locked up before other P5 teams come calling.

And after that it will be interesting to see who else offers. Is he just fast or is he a good football player too?

If he's good, hopefully we can get him locked up before other P5 teams come calling.

Meh. Nothing on his film jumps out. He has a blazing 40 but (brace yourself) does not look to have football speed.

His brother was a LB for Nebraska-Omaha for one year in 2006.

We're still his only Power 5 offer. I wonder if he's waiting for other offers or if his offer is committable.

You can't coach speed. And you can't ever have enough of it.

His brother was a LB for Nebraska-Omaha for one year in 2006.

We're still his only Power 5 offer. I wonder if he's waiting for other offers or if his offer is committable.

You can't coach speed. And you can't ever have enough of it.

True....... Maybe, he is one of those guys coach Langsdorf referred to as "taking a chance on". If so, then I have no problem with that. Coach him up and he could become a big asset to the team.

@RyanBartow: Breaking: Miami/Southridge DB DiCaprio Bootle commits to #Nebraska. http://t.co/7ucIMGrrtk. @_flightsdelayed @mikejschaefer @michaelbruntz

@RyanBartow: DiCaprio Bootle is a super get for #Nebraska. One of the fastest ATHs in Florida. http://t.co/I4dH65OkOi @coach_ddcooney @coachmarroquin

• Upvote 1

Any guesses on his rating? I'm guessing some of the services will rate him now that he is committed to a power 5 team...

5.5-5.6 3 star

Any guesses on his rating? I'm guessing some of the services will rate him now that he is committed to a power 5 team...

5.5-5.6 3 star

Listed as 5.5 on Rivals

he has confirmed he is being recruited as a cornerback. I had wondered if they might try to put him at PR, KR, or WR with his speed. I just haven't seen enough to be excited about this one. He didn't seem to like contact enough, or to press receivers enough for me to be excited. I feel like Kentrell Love is a better prospect, but I also wonder why the coaches are targeting these so so players as the top guys on their boards. Dismuke is a good get but I'd like to see us get some guys that are violent in their play and physical.

This is one of those commits that isn't a big time recruit right now but his athletic ability gives him a high ceiling and at the least the ability to contribute on special teams (imagine that speed as a gunner). With a class as big as this one is likely to be, I really like taking ability like this.

This staff is assembling a heck of a 2016 'crootin class!

Welcome aboard, DiCaprio!! :lol:

I was just watching the 2009 Missouri game recently and the announcers made like two separate comments about awesome names on our team. Always figured every school had these guys but I guess we have sure had a lot of them.

Apparently he has only given up one catch this season as well. Just something I saw on RSS.