That is interesting for both of those teams. Now, I do wonder where they will end up come signing day.

If Stoops did not win that NC 15 years ago...is he Mark Richt West?

Difference between Stoops and Richt is that Stoops has won a lot of conference championships at OU. Richt has won only 2 conference titles and none since 2005.

Another knock was that he didn't control his team, a lot of entitlement towards the end. Strong has done a lot of cleaning house, I think I heard he's a man of high character, but regardless, may take a little bit for him to change that culture within the program.

Seems like Strong took a lot of questionable kids at Louisville that had been booted from other programs. If you're taking kids that were too bad for Auburn, I've got to question his high character.

One of the knocks late in the Mack era was his classes were filled with commits too early and their classes were full before some kids developed. So they were left with some kids that had peaked as sophomores and juniors although highly ranked. And they were left with little to no room for emerging seniors. It's was a blessing and a curse having so much talent to choose from in your own state but you damn sure better be right on the kids you take when your classes filled up before fall camp.

Another knock was that he didn't control his team, a lot of entitlement towards the end. Strong has done a lot of cleaning house, I think I heard he's a man of high character, but regardless, may take a little bit for him to change that culture within the program.

It all points to over blown egos and an attitude that everyone in the program from the coaches on down are so much smarter and better than anyone else. The coaches are better at evaluating talent so they know which player is going to be a star as a sophomore in HS. The players think they are so much better than anyone else that they can do what ever they want....etc. etc. etc....

That attitude didn't work out very well.

• 3 weeks later...

Teams currently ahead of Oklahoma (#70) in the 247 Composite: Tulane, Texas State, Georgia Southern, Louisiana Tech, Miami (OH)

Teams currently ahead of both Oklahoma and Texas (#60): Cincinnati, Washington State, Illinois, Toledo, Purdue, Syracuse, SMU, Western Michigan, Boston College, Minnesota, Wake Forest, Rutgers, Houston