WR Jeremiah Hawkins [California - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Calvins size didn't scare you then this guy shouldn't scare you either.. Not quite the route runner Calvin is ( hard to see on film when you miss a lot) but this guy on jet sweeps and screen plays is explosive. Something Nebraska desperately needs. Would take him in this class no matter what Holmes decision is.. but I also think we don't get Lewis

His hudl film is unreal. So much speed.

Like him or Holmes more?
Probably Holmes because he's a little taller. But Hawkins would be a nice addition himself.
Gotcha. Hawkins size really concerns me. Seeing anywhere from 5'9 160-170. But I havnt watched his film yet.
Would recommend watching it. Pretty impressive.

Like him or Holmes more?
Probably Holmes because he's a little taller. But Hawkins would be a nice addition himself.
Gotcha. Hawkins size really concerns me. Seeing anywhere from 5'9 160-170. But I havnt watched his film yet.
Calvin is a little taller but measured in at 148 Lbs, and most of us were fine with taking him. Agree with ADS, film is fire.

Like him or Holmes more?
Calvin is a little taller but measured in at 148 Lbs, and most of us were fine with taking him. Agree with ADS, fine is fire.
Holy crap, guess its been so long since we've been chasing Calvin I forgot his size. That's small. However, in Hawkins/Calvin defense WR is probably the one position where if used correctly size isnt quite as important. Obviously you don't want all small guys, but some speed is a nice change up. Hopefully I can watch his film tonight when I get home.

Like him or Holmes more?
Got a chance to. Calvin seems to be a much more refined route runner. Hawkins seemed to more of just a get the balls in his hands guy. But he's a blazer and runs through quite a few arm tackles for his size. He just effortlessly ran by guys. I think I prefer Holmes a little more still though.

Like him or Holmes more?
Got a chance to. Calvin seems to be a much more refined route runner. Hawkins seemed to more of just a get the balls in his hands guy. But he's a blazer and runs through quite a few arm tackles for his size. He just effortlessly ran by guys. think I prefer Holmes a little more still though.

So if this kid wants N this weekend, are we just going to try to put him on the back burner?

Probably. We should have a good feel on Lindsey after the in home tomorrow.

If Lindsey wants in, we take him no matter what. I understand Calvin is in a very difficult situation with his family. But, he either needs to be N or not. I think we take this kid if he is excited about being here and really wants N.

Then, if we are at NSD and we have an opening, we potentially still take Calvin if he is willing to commit. But, at this point, I can't imagine telling another recruit he can't come here because we are waiting on Calvin.