Post your workout

1.usually surf a couple days a week.. maybe more maybe less depending on weather/waves etc...dont surf too long anymore 2 hours average

2. go gym three times a week- some days are the same some days different- i don't know how many to do or whatever but i usually do 30 of everthing

-ride bike for a bit- usually 9 miles- check out mad chicks while riding bike while pretending to read some sh**ty mens fitness mag that says absolutely nothing to me

-get water perv on more chicks, check out the one hot chick on the poster next to the water fountain that hold some record at the gym

- left some weights-perv on chicks across the way in the mirror (the ones doing yoga and strectching and sh#t are my favs

-do some leg stuff

-get water try to talk to some chicks but get rejected cuz I'm old and creepy

-chest press is my favorite and do about thirty of those

- do some stomach crap

- do some exercises for surfing involving lats, triceps

-hit the peck machine thing

- get more water... scan the room one last time

- go shower and perv on the dude next to who is always there when i am there.. this guy....man he got these small tattoos right next to his dick and this guy has a waxed ( i know not shaved.... too smooth) landing strip to boot!!

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

My workout is mainly for maintenence. i get about 140ish grams of protein per day, around 1800 calories. i cheat on saturday AND sunday, lol. 5'10 200ishlbs 75in reach around 10% bodyfat, but probably 11% or so. i just use the look test for a flat stomach, some ab definition but not "shredded".

I work out first thing in the morning. I superset just about everything for time's sake. I usually work out alone and don't usually have a spotter around.

My gym doesn't have rubber weights or a platform so i don't do any type of cleans. i don't do hammer curls because it hurts my elbow. i wear wraps on my elbows.

3 sets of situps supersetted with hanging leg raises or butterflys 6 days a week right after workout. 20min of walking lunges 6 days a week (sometime in the evening).

Monday

3 sets of bench/3 sets of squats. bench-225x20+/315x6ish/365x2ish/405x1* squats-225x15/315x10/405x4(ass to grass and/or pause)

3 set of incline dumbell/3 sets of legext, legcurl. ibp-100sx8ish le,lc-225x10 (legext and legcurls are done back to back as one exercise)(machine)

3 sets of weighted dips/3 sets of ezbar curls. dips-bodyweight+75lbsx6 ezbc-105x6

3 sets of lying tricepext/3 sets of incline dumbell curls. lyingtriext-105x6 idc-40sx6

Tuesday

3 sets of standing military press/3 sets of deadlifts. mp-135x10/155x6/185x2ish dl-225x15/315x10/405x4

3 sets of side raises/3 sets of straight leg deadlifts. sr-35x10 sldl-225x10

3 sets of rear delt raises/3 sets of hyperextensions. rdr-35x10 he-bodyweight+25lbsx10

3 sets of front raises/3 sets of seated arnold press. fr-35x10 sap-60sx10

Wednesday

3 sets of bench/3 sets of squats. bench-225x20+/315x6ish/365x2ish squats-225x15/315x10/405x4(ass to grass and/or pause)

3 set of incline dumbell/3 sets of legext, legcurl. ibp-100sx8ish le,lc-225x10 (legext and legcurls are done back to back as one exercise)(machine)

3 sets of weighted dips/3 sets of pullups. dips-bodyweight+75lbsx6 pllups-bodyweightx20/bw+25x10/bw+25x10

3 sets of t bar rows/3 sets of lawnmower pulls. tbr-4platesx8/5platesx6/6platesx2ish lmp-100lb dumbellx8

3 sets of barbell shrugs shrugs-225x6 with a pause at the top

Thursday

usually use same weight from mon-wed for thurs-sat.

3 sets of ezbar curls/3 sets of deadlifts

3 sets of incline dumbell curls/3 sets of straight leg deadlifts

3 sets of lying triceps ext/3 sets of hyperextensions

Friday

3 sets of bench/3 sets of squats.

3 set of incline dumbell/3 sets of legext, legcurl.

3 sets of weighted dips/3 sets of standing military press.

3 sets of side raises, rear delt raises, front raises/3 sets of seated arnold presses (the 3 types of shoulder raises are done back to back as one exercise on this day only. drop the weight amount as needed.)

Saturday

3 sets of pullups/3 sets of deadlifts

3 sets of t bar rows/3 sets of straight leg deadlifts

3 sets of lawnmower pulls/3 sets of hyperextensions

3 sets of shrugs/3 sets of pause bench bench-225x15ish/315x4ish/315x4ish

Notes

i try to keep my rep range at or below the aforementioned numbers. always increase weight as needed. if the reps are a little low, hang with it. if ten is too easy, add weight and go to 8, etc. for squats, i keep my reps lower by pausing at the bottom.

*i only attempt 405 on bench with a spot.

• 3 weeks later...

My workout is mainly for maintenence. i get about 140ish grams of protein per day, around 1800 calories. i cheat on saturday AND sunday, lol. 5'10 200ishlbs 75in reach around 10% bodyfat, but probably 11% or so. i just use the look test for a flat stomach, some ab definition but not "shredded".

I work out first thing in the morning. I superset just about everything for time's sake. I usually work out alone and don't usually have a spotter around.

My gym doesn't have rubber weights or a platform so i don't do any type of cleans. i don't do hammer curls because it hurts my elbow. i wear wraps on my elbows.

3 sets of situps supersetted with hanging leg raises or butterflys 6 days a week right after workout. 20min of walking lunges 6 days a week (sometime in the evening).

Monday

3 sets of bench/3 sets of squats. bench-225x20+/315x6ish/365x2ish/405x1* squats-225x15/315x10/405x4(ass to grass and/or pause)

3 sets of weighted dips/3 sets of ezbar curls. dips-bodyweight+75lbsx6 ezbc-105x6

3 sets of lying tricepext/3 sets of incline dumbell curls. lyingtriext-105x6 idc-40sx6

Tuesday

3 sets of standing military press/3 sets of deadlifts. mp-135x10/155x6/185x2ish dl-225x15/315x10/405x4

3 sets of side raises/3 sets of straight leg deadlifts. sr-35x10 sldl-225x10

3 sets of rear delt raises/3 sets of hyperextensions. rdr-35x10 he-bodyweight+25lbsx10

3 sets of front raises/3 sets of seated arnold press. fr-35x10 sap-60sx10

Wednesday

3 sets of bench/3 sets of squats. bench-225x20+/315x6ish/365x2ish squats-225x15/315x10/405x4(ass to grass and/or pause)

3 sets of weighted dips/3 sets of pullups. dips-bodyweight+75lbsx6 pllups-bodyweightx20/bw+25x10/bw+25x10

3 sets of t bar rows/3 sets of lawnmower pulls. tbr-4platesx8/5platesx6/6platesx2ish lmp-100lb dumbellx8

3 sets of barbell shrugs shrugs-225x6 with a pause at the top

Thursday

usually use same weight from mon-wed for thurs-sat.

3 sets of ezbar curls/3 sets of deadlifts

3 sets of incline dumbell curls/3 sets of straight leg deadlifts

3 sets of lying triceps ext/3 sets of hyperextensions

Friday

3 sets of bench/3 sets of squats.

3 set of incline dumbell/3 sets of legext, legcurl.

3 sets of weighted dips/3 sets of standing military press.

3 sets of side raises, rear delt raises, front raises/3 sets of seated arnold presses (the 3 types of shoulder raises are done back to back as one exercise on this day only. drop the weight amount as needed.)

Saturday

3 sets of pullups/3 sets of deadlifts

3 sets of t bar rows/3 sets of straight leg deadlifts

3 sets of lawnmower pulls/3 sets of hyperextensions

3 sets of shrugs/3 sets of pause bench bench-225x15ish/315x4ish/315x4ish

Notes

i try to keep my rep range at or below the aforementioned numbers. always increase weight as needed. if the reps are a little low, hang with it. if ten is too easy, add weight and go to 8, etc. for squats, i keep my reps lower by pausing at the bottom.

*i only attempt 405 on bench with a spot.

How do you retain any sort of muscle at 1800 calories and 140g of protein? It seems like for your size you should be almost doubling your calories and getting in 200g of protein a day. I'm 175 and the only way I can make any sorts of gains is at least 3200 calories with around 190g of protein per day. I've started training hard this year and so far I've gained 20 pounds since the end of the summer while lowering my body fat.

If he is just maintaining, he is fine with his intake of calories and protein. The general rule for maintaining muscle mass while in a calorie deficit is .8-1.5g of protein per 1lb of body weight. At 175lbs, the minimum amount of protein intake should be 140g/day. he is right there.

• 2 weeks later...

Todays workout chest/tricep/bicep

Dumbbell Press: 5x10

Dumbbell Fly: 4x6

Chest press machine: 4x5

Close grip barbell bench: 4x8

Tricep extension with rope: 6x8

Zottman Curl: 5x12

Seated concentration curls: 3x10

Bicep extension machine: 4x8

Calve raises with dumbbell: 5x10

Calve extension on leg press: 5x12

10 mins of abs

Now up to almost 180 after starting this semester off at 152.