Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

Maybe if Nike hired designers that weren't 12 years old, it would be ok. Until then, stick with Adidas.

Because Adidas has hit some homeruns with our alternate uniform designs so far......

How much of that was due to the Nebraska admin?

Probably not very, when you look at Adidas alternate uniforms across the board and realize that 99% of them are total junk.

You got a grandma that works for Adidas or something?

Fan apparel sales aren't going to change over the longterm by switching. You might get a nice one year bump, but fans are going to buy stuff no matter who makes it. Non fans aren't going to suddenly buy Nebraska stuff because it's Nike. They'll do it because we start winning. And if we're talking about switching just because of the alternate uniforms... just no. Nike has made plenty of garbage uniforms in all sports too.

Regardless, I don't see us switching anyway. Adidas is taking care of NU in both product and money, with neither UA or Nike coming close to matching the compensation.

UA has thrown money around to Notre Dame, and I think they are trying to get Texas to switch too. However, I don't see them throwing a bunch of cash to NU, as NU doesn't have the national cache that other programs have. I do realize that NU has rabid fans all around the country that will gobble up Husker shirts and other gear, but NU is not a huge "national brand" across the country.

The ONLY opinion that matters are the 18-22 year old kids playing football and the 17-18 year old impressionable kids making the decision to play

No, just no. You don't change up your design aesthetic to please a bunch of kids.

Yes you do.

Our normal football uniforms will/would not change design-wise whatsoever. The only things that would change would be other sport uniforms, which don't have the same traditional attachment, fan merchandise, which is literally designed to be appealing to the people that buy it, and marketing/branding materials, same thing. All of those things would benefit tremendously from someone other than Adidas.

I agree with LOMS to a point. Once Oregon started making changes to appeal to kids, it changed the game.

Their appeal was due to Nike (Phil Knight) dumping millions and millions of dollars into the school to upgrade everything, not just uniforms.

It started with the uniforms. But look. I'm not saying that Nebraska should go to the extremes of uniforms that Oregon did. But even "traditional power" teams are doing it and most of it is not through Adidas. And fans eat it up year after year by collecting the apparel.

But if Nebraska gets perks that they can't get somewhere else, by all means keep Adidas.

To Saunders' last post, here's a list of a few reasons why a switch to EITHER Nike or UA would be good.

- Better quality and better fit regular uniforms across the board

- Better alternate uniforms, which become more fun for players and fans, and provide better exposure and draw more attention.

- Better uniforms in mens basketball, womens basketball, volleyball, baseball, softball, and every other sport.

- Better fan gear. I don't care if it doesn't sell more - the stuff they put out is better. It looks better, it feels better, it fits better.

- Better branding. Tennessee just got an absolutely massive surge in publicity with their Nike reveal this week.

3 of the 5 are personal opinions, 2 of the 5 you would need to objectively prove. Any team gets publicity when they change their uniforms. Doing the reveal during the right time of year (like now, when nothing is happening) is what makes it a big publicity hit.

Maybe if Nike hired designers that weren't 12 years old, it would be ok. Until then, stick with Adidas.

Because Adidas has hit some homeruns with our alternate uniform designs so far......

Are we really going to blame Perlman for those?

I doubt Harvey had much (if any say). I know the original alts for the Wisconsin game were down to TO and his staff.

I doubt Harvey had much (if any say). I know the original alts for the Wisconsin game were down to TO and his staff.

It was a joke. Since, you know, Harvey is to blame for all the ills of Nebraska football.....

Probably not very, when you look at Adidas alternate uniforms across the board and realize that 99% of them are total junk.

You got a grandma that works for Adidas or something?

Nope. I just don't subscribe to the new/different=better thought process. I own Nike, UA, and Adidas clothing and sports gear in football, golf, baseball, and basketball. I've done all the brands in sports for myself and my kids. There really isn't much difference, other than a logo. UA and Nike wouldn't compensate Nebraska, that's why we re-upped with Adidas. It's as simple as that.

As for alternate uniforms, the vast majority are complete garbage, so I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick.

It was a joke. Since, you know, Harvey is to blame for all the ills of Nebraska football.....

Well he is... ;)

As for alternate uniforms, the vast majority are complete garbage, so I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick.

That's personal opinion that you need to objectively prove plz

How much Nike stock do you own?

:P

Far from proof, but Tennessee's unveil was a huge deal. Had thousands of comments across the cfb channel on reddit.

There's an Adidas school starting an unveil today. Any idea who it is?

That's personal opinion that you need to objectively prove plz

How much Nike stock do you own?

:P

Far from proof, but Tennessee's unveil was a huge deal. Had thousands of comments across the cfb channel on reddit.

There's an Adidas school starting an unveil today. Any idea who it is?

Arizona State. Saw it on @redditcfb yesterday.

Today in 2015 Uniforms should be part of the recruiting budget

If you coach or work with High School kids ask them who the teams they are interested in and what got them interested in those teams in the first place

You wont hear, well they were the only ones playing on TV and they won a bunch so that's why Im a fan of X

Reality is there is a group of kids out there and that group is growing who got their initial interest because of unique and different uniforms

It doesnt matter that brand x or y has good quality gear for the non serious athlete or is liked by 40 year old men who play golf or watch football on tv

What matters is does that uniform resonate with your future players-which will eventually improve the product on the field - if we get good coaching

Ask todays kids, go to a camp that isnt being watched by scouts and see what you see

Here in Nebraska- its less and less NU gear

30-40 years ago none of these kids cared much about visors, spats, custom gloves, custom socks, different/modern uniforms and helmets

Lots of the 2015 players do, not all, but a good number

It is what it is, to ignore it is to be left behind

The 17-18 year old football kids of today have no interest in anything adidas

Ew. Although actually, those uniforms grew on me. Some of the other ones have been pretty bad.

I'm sure Nike or UA would similarly struggle with coming up a nice, classy alternate for NU, though.

Nebraska should get the best deal, of course. I've heard a lot of bad things about Adidas -- I wonder why they're viewed so negatively as a business. It can't be just their uniforms. But as pointed out earlier in this thread, they do seem to do pretty well outside of the college football arena, so how bad is their business, anyway?

Today in 2015 Uniforms should be part of the recruiting budget.

If you coach or work with High School kids ask them who the teams they are interested in and what got them interested in those teams in the first place.

You won't hear, well they were the only ones playing on TV and they won a bunch so that's why I'm a fan of X.

Reality is there is a group of kids out there and that group is growing who got their initial interest because of unique and different uniforms.

It doesn't matter that brand x or y has good quality gear for the non serious athlete or is liked by 40 year old men who play golf or watch football on tv.

What matters is does that uniform resonate with your future players-which will eventually improve the product on the field - if we get good coaching.

Ask today's kids, go to a camp that isn't being watched by scouts and see what you see.

Here in Nebraska- it's less and less NU gear.

30-40 years ago none of these kids cared much about visors, spats, custom gloves, custom socks, different/modern uniforms and helmets.

Lots of the 2015 players do, not all, but a good number.

It is what it is, to ignore it is to be left behind.

The 17-18 year old football kids of today have no interest in anything Adidas.

• Fire 1