Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

Why do people want to stop being unique, that's what can separate your your program

Maybe if adidas actually made some Adidas husker gear people would like them more. They really don't put any effort into it. Look at all the schools that have Nike and under armour they put out some sweet gear for their schools. Adidas is very laughable, most Nebraska stuff is off brand not even adidas.

First the basketball stuff they put out is on point, the white jerseys with the opaque lettering are awesome. The throw backs are also awesome, Tims throwback cursive sweatshirt another great one. I seriously think I am the only one that like the football ones they put out as well. It's ok the 50 year olds complaining about the uniforms doesn't matter to the athletes who like the stuff they put out.

Athletes have pretty low standards when it comes to new swag representing their team. Which is good, because that is true, as long as the players are excited about it, what we all think doesn't matter too much. Still holds true though, I think, that Adidas has made 1.5 good football alternates out of 5 attempts, and had some definite blunders in their jersey tech over the last few years. Their basketball and baseball offerings have been pretty great, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Nebraska football is a business. All of the above stated arguments only have merit if you can draw them down to a conclusion of more revenue. A switch makes sense right now from a money standpoint for several of reasons;

* Adidas isn't as popular right now so a good change would lead to higher merchandise sales over the next several years.

* A change to UA or Nike would be popular with recruits. Bringing in better recruits = more wins = more attention and sales.

* A change in brand would make most people go buy updated clothing- resulting in a quick spike in sales.

Most of us old fuddy duddies aren't the ones spending the money so our opinions down't hold as much money weight. We buy stuff but not at the volume that the 15-25 year old kids do. I like Adidas but my 17 year old says its "garbage"... That generations opinion matters.

Nebraska football is a business. All of the above stated arguments only have merit if you can draw them down to a conclusion of more revenue. A switch makes sense right now from a money standpoint for several of reasons;

* Adidas isn't as popular right now so a good change would lead to higher merchandise sales over the next several years.

* A change to UA or Nike would be popular with recruits. Bringing in better recruits = more wins = more attention and sales.

* A change in brand would make most people go buy updated clothing- resulting in a quick spike in sales.

Most of us old fuddy duddies aren't the ones spending the money so our opinions down't hold as much money weight. We buy stuff but not at the volume that the 15-25 year old kids do. I like Adidas but my 17 year old says its "garbage"... That generations opinion matters.

Adidas is actually one of the more popular brands with the kids the past year or two. When they brought in Kanye West it really helped the brand's popularity.

• Fire 1

Adidas is quite possibly the most popular brand right now as far as high school kids go. The new ultra boost line they've put out was a homerun with not only recruits but everyday joes as well.

Adidas' popularity has surely increased a lot, but they still don't hold a candle to Nike, even with the recent #3stripelife mantra popular with a lot of kids such as those in the #Calibraska movement.

Yes, Nike is #1 in sales by a wide margin in the U.S., but Adidas is back at #2 after briefly being overtaken by Under Armour. Adidas does have the most growth between the 3 companies if you look at % of sales on a year over year basis.
  • Fire 1

Adidas' popularity has surely increased a lot, but they still don't hold a candle to Nike, even with the recent #3stripelife mantra popular with a lot of kids such as those in the #Calibraska movement.

I would bet a lot of money that if you did a study on popularity for the 'big 3', where the only participants were high school recruits, that Adidas would be the most popular right now.
  • Fire 1

I would bet a lot of money that if you did a study on popularity for the 'big 3', where the only participants were high school recruits, that Adidas would be the most popular right now.

I think you would lose that bet.

• Fire 2