Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

I'm not vehemently opposed to keeping with Adidas, but while their stock is rising in a lot of areas, their perception and place in college football is in a very distant third, regardless of if some high school recruits think it's a trendy thing right now.

That being said, Nebraska should be leveraging it's prestige as a program and throwing it's weight around more than to the tune of 10 years/100mil. They should be paying us obscene amounts of money to hold onto us, imo.

• Fire 2

I'm not vehemently opposed to keeping with Adidas, but while their stock is rising in a lot of areas, their perception and place in college football is in a very distant third, regardless of if some high school recruits think it's a trendy thing right now.

That being said, Nebraska should be leveraging it's prestige as a program and throwing it's weight around more than to the tune of 10 years/100mil. They should be paying us obscene amounts of money to hold onto us, imo.

This was exactly what I was trying to say earlier, but it just came out as a bunch of rambling. Nicely stated.

Adidas is not a distant third. This is dated thought. Nike is reasonably still first, but they are on the way down soon if not now. Adidas appears to be on the way up. As for Under Armour, I don't know what 18 year olds think about them exactly, but their uniforms and issue gear are inferior to Adidas and Nike.

• Fire 2

Adidas is not a distant third. This is dated thought. Nike is reasonably still first, but they are on the way down soon if not now. Adidas appears to be on the way up. As for Under Armour, I don't know what 18 year olds think about them exactly, but their uniforms and issue gear are inferior to Adidas and Nike.

Adidas is ahead of Under Armour on the market so I'm not sure where this distant 3rd came from

Under Armour did a fantastic job with Cal's new uniforms.

920x920.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

I'd love to see us make the move away from Adidas to UA or Nike.

why?
Were you alive to see these atrocious uniforms?

2021440.jpg.31527.0_display_image.jpg?12

just because Adidas used to suck doesn't mean we should go away from them now when they are dominating the culture. They just signed on Kendall Jenner for Pete sake. That may mean nothing to you, but Adidas is huge right now and they only stand to get better.

10 year for $100M is a joke. Compared with other teams and companies its a slap in the face. With money being so paramount these days hard to imagine just letting Adidas walk all over us with the loyalty we have shown them.