Chances of dropping Adidas after our contract is up?

3 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I work at a HS, Nike has lost plenty of market share with kids to Adidas and UA.  Nike may still be king, but their crown is tarnished. As far as quality.  Our school went with Adidas.  Nike stuff is crap.  

I've actually worked for both companies. Nike's competition (UA, NB, Puma, Adidas) almost made them a monopoly by cutting their athletic budgets but in the past couple years those brands have finally put money into athletics and it has recovered some of the market but its what they would've already had prior to giving up on athletics. The only decent comp to Nike is Adidas and thats only from a technology standpoint and price point. Nike design is what keeps them on top and they've actually started to create more substantial tech. 

• 10 months later...

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I guess UA hurting.  It seemed like they had made all the right moves from when they started until now but I guess they have made some poor choices. 

They spread themselves too thin and they've completely, 100% missed out on the renaissance of urban streetwear culture that Nike and Adidas have been crushing. Plus they haven't  been able to successfully capitalize on any of their big celebrity endorsements.

As much grief as I've given Adidas over the years, they've really turned it up over the last 5-6 years. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

They spread themselves too thin and they've completely, 100% missed out on the renaissance of urban streetwear culture that Nike and Adidas have been crushing. Plus they haven't  been able to successfully capitalize on any of their big celebrity endorsements.

As much grief as I've given Adidas over the years, they've really turned it up over the last 5-6 years. 

I did not think about that.  Old is new and in again, you are totally right.  

Even Champion is huge again.

Under Armour always seems like they can never quite figure out what they want to be. For a long time, they talked up how they were purely a brand for athletes, and not a lifestyle/fashion/athleisure brand like Nike and Adidas. But as they grew, their products kept creeping more and more in that direction. They made a big push to be a featured brand at Kohl's - not exactly a store that caters heavily to athletes. But they still seemed to only halfheartedly embrace the non-athletic side of things that Nike and Adidas do well.

• 2 weeks later...