S Jordan Bernstine

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update on Bernstine. His team played one of the toughest teams in the state. They lost 20-40 to the Valley Tigers, but the Tigers have won 3 of the last 4 state titles so they are really damn good. Just bad luck that Lincoln pulled them in the first round.........Bernstine got hurt a little last night was limping on one of his ankles so that slowed him down. I don't know what his stats were, but the news here reported his top five favorites as of last night were and in order...........Iowa,Nebraska,UCLA,Pitt, and Texas A&M. His mom wants him to stay close to the Des Moines area so that is obviously in Iowa's favor!!!! Iowa City is about 2 hours east of Des Moines and Lincoln is about 3 hours west of Des Moines. The other teams are obviously going to have longshots at Bernstine so it comes down to us or Iowa and I'm not liking what I'm hearing!!!! :bang

Just a little update on Bernstine. His team played one of the toughest teams in the state. They lost 20-40 to the Valley Tigers, but the Tigers have won 3 of the last 4 state titles so they are really damn good. Just bad luck that Lincoln pulled them in the first round.........Bernstine got hurt a little last night was limping on one of his ankles so that slowed him down. I don't know what his stats were, but the news here reported his top five favorites as of last night were and in order...........Iowa,Nebraska,UCLA,Pitt, and Texas A&M. His mom wants him to stay close to the Des Moines area so that is obviously in Iowa's favor!!!! Iowa City is about 2 hours east of Des Moines and Lincoln is about 3 hours west of Des Moines. The other teams are obviously going to have longshots at Bernstine so it comes down to us or Iowa and I'm not liking what I'm hearing!!!! :bang

Show his mom a map. Lincoln isn't that far away.

Show his mom a map. Lincoln isn't that far away.

I don't see what he sees in Iowa anyways, but if that's where he goes that's fine he just won't be part of the greatest football team in the nation!!!! :woo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wasn't real high on this guy but we are hurting at Safety.

We have Asante and Washington as far as recruits. Contrast that with 4 CB's (ross, murillo, blue, sullivan) we are taking this year. I think somewhere Blue is listed as a safety but he is not that big.

To make matters worse we don't have very many safeties to begin with.

Green, Wilson, Culburt and some that won't see much playing time (Brothers, Eisenhart, Watson). We have Bowman, Grixby, Jones and some extra guys (ford, young and maybe west?) as far as corners go (but we are bringing in 4 recruits here).

The bright side to this is Helu is a possible move to safety and Thenarse may come back to Safety. If that happens I like our secondary a lot better.

Remember our major problem in the backfield wasn't with our corners it was three db's trying to cover for 4 (Shanle's job was to be an extra referee on the field to make sure they got the spot right. Every once in a while he got in someones way and got a tackle on the stats sheet for it).

So basically the point is we need safeties too not just corners.