Thoughts on significant other working out at gym with you?

My wife and I never go to the gym together. Maybe it's because she uses her "gym time" to go bang some other guy.

Are you sure his name isn't just Jim? Could be a simple misunderstanding.

Now that you say it, she usually says "I am going to DO gym, be back in a couple hours" when she leaves. I just thought she was using bad English.

See, it's time to let the healing begin. Invite Jim over for a nice bottle of white wine so the 3 of you can get more comfortable. Who knows, you may enjoy Jim time more than Gym time.

How you doin? ;)

• Fire 3

I have no problem with my wife going to the gym together. I mostly use the treadmill, track, bikes...etc. She is slowly learning that I don't like to carry on a big conversation while I'm running..etc. She thinks well, "I can get on a treadmill beside you and we can visit." Ummm....No. I put my tunes in my ears and other than a cordial "hello" to people...I'm not into conversation.

Lifting? My wife would want to do all the same lifts I would be doing and that just flat out doesn't work when two people lift such different weights.

there is no way I would get as good of workout as if I'm on my own.

I have no problem with my wife going to the gym together. I mostly use the treadmill, track, bikes...etc. She is slowly learning that I don't like to carry on a big conversation while I'm running..etc. She thinks well, "I can get on a treadmill beside you and we can visit." Ummm....No. I put my tunes in my ears and other than a cordial "hello" to people...I'm not into conversation.

Lifting? My wife would want to do all the same lifts I would be doing and that just flat out doesn't work when two people lift such different weights.

I've found that running with someone else and talking during really makes the time fly by, even more so than music. Outdoors it also helps you keep a better, more consistent pace.

I've found that running with someone else and talking during really makes the time fly by, even more so than music. Outdoors it also helps you keep a better, more consistent pace.

I understand and many times I will go on a run with my wife if we are home and running outside. If I have a preference though, I prefer to run by myself listening to music. It's my meditation time.

You see, here is how it goes with my wife (who I love dearly). We will head out on the road jogging. It's a beautiful day with a slight breeze, no traffic and beautiful green grass rolling over the hills. Then, she wants to talk about all her problems at work and how much she if frustrated with this situation or that person....bla bla bla....If I mention to her that I would like to talk about something else, then I'm not being sensitive to her feelings and not willing to talk.

In contrast, I run to clear my head of all that junk.

I understand and many times I will go on a run with my wife if we are home and running outside. If I have a preference though, I prefer to run by myself listening to music. It's my meditation time.

You see, here is how it goes with my wife (who I love dearly). We will head out on the road jogging. It's a beautiful day with a slight breeze, no traffic and beautiful green grass rolling over the hills. Then, she wants to talk about all her problems at work and how much she if frustrated with this situation or that person....bla bla bla....If I mention to her that I would like to talk about something else, then I'm not being sensitive to her feelings and not willing to talk.

BRB, I feel like we're married to the same girl.

Except every minute of every conversation I have with my wife (who I love dearly too) is about her work, or the kids she teaches.

Except every minute of every conversation I have with my wife (who I love dearly too) is about her work, or the kids she teaches.

Who knew that your SO would want to talk about their life with you!?!!
  • Fire 1

:D

No no no, don't get me wrong ZRod. I LOVE talking with her about it. But when the same thing comes up in conversation 5 times in 3 hours...then I'm ready to talk about other things by then.