Batman vs Superman thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Reviews have been almost universally negative.

33% on Rotten Tomatoes. For comparison, that's the same rating as Paul Blart: Mall Cop.

Ya and Rotten Tomatoes also rated Sharknado a 82% so......................ya

I prefer my own judgement and reading "true" fans reviews off of IMDB instead of stuck up critics nitpicking stupid sh#t. Seriously a lot of their complaints is that its too dark, too much destruction, to much CGI, bla bla bla bla.

One gripe I have with people complaining about the destruction especially in MoS.....what did you think was going to happen? Would you rather have them arm wrestle instead? Avengers had the exact same ending plot in both movies and people went ape sh#t over the movie praising it and it too had a lot of destruction, but nobody bats an eye because its Marvel and nothing they make sucks.

I just think a lot of people have a thing against Snyder movies. I liked MoS. Was it amazing? No it had some problems but it surely didn't suck either.

The Zack Snyder-helmed movie Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice comes out on March 25, 2016. It stars Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Gal Gadot as Diana Prince/Wonder Woman, Ezra Miller as Barry Allen/The Flash, Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne, Lauren Cohan as Martha Wayne, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Michael Shannon as General Zod, and former Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green as Thug No. 2.

Green said on the "Just Not Sports" podcast that he met Synder in Vancouver while the director was shooting Man of Steel. Snyder apparently grew up a fan of the Packers and was born in Green Bay.
"From the first time I met Zack Snyder ... He's like, 'Ahman, I gotta get you in the movie.' He's a Packer fan. He grew up in Wisconsin," Green said. "I just kept, you know, sending him messages and calling him and just kind of reminding him, because he's a big-time movie director. He's a guy that can, trust me, forget things and it won't be his fault because he has a thousand things going on every day. So I just stayed consistent with contacting him and finally I got a call from Warner Bros. Studios ... It was just like, 'Yes, here we go!'"

Link

I haven't seen it, but imbd has it ranked at 9.4 compared to rotten tomatoes critics rating of 29%. Interestingly 71% of fans liked it and I guess repeat ticket purchases are at a higher rate than similar films.

I wonder what the biggest spreads are between imbd and rotten tomatoes.

Have you seen it yet, Dewiz? What did you think?

I think it's possible to enjoy movies while still agreeing with critics' panning. Movies can be fun to watch without being cinematic achievements, and we're all looking for different things in our viewings. I managed to enjoy Zoolander 2 ... kinda. But I agree that it was a little (or a lot) terrible.

I'm pretty sure I even watched one of the Shark Attack movies on Syfy once.

Have you seen it yet, Dewiz? What did you think?

Yes I saw it the day before it came out. I went with 6 other people and we all enjoyed it. Is it as bad as what the critics are making it out to be? No. Is it a great movie? No it does have its flaws but I still did enjoy the movie.

Affleck as Batman was awesome, he was really REALLY good and I was one of those who hated when they announced he was playing Batman. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was awesome, can't wait to see her stand alone movie. Whats his name as Lex Luther was a meh, he felt more of what a Riddler should've been if he was in this movie. The cinematography is beautiful to look at, special effects were as expected good and the music score to this movies was really good too especially with Wonder Woman's score, I literally got goosebumps when she showed up and her score started to play. There were only a few things that I didn't like about the movie but other than that I would see it again in the theaters. I've read numerous tweets and reports that the movie is way better the second time you see it.

Those who didn't like it are those who wished it was more of a Marvel movie IMO and quite a few (bad) reviews have proved my opinion as a fact.

Suicide Squad reshooting scenes to add more "humor" and to make it a more lighter tone film rather than a dark tone film......WTF

This is absolutely stupid and why several critics have bashed BvS because it wasn't "fun" and lacked "humor". Just because Marvel movies make their movies more family oriented, light toned filled with humor doesn't necessary mean its going to be a great movie (Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 2/3, Incredible Hulk, Avengers Age of Ultron to name a few). I prefer the DC movies because they are more of a darker tone movie made for grown ups. So yes I prefer DC over Marvel but I still like some of the Marvel movies (Deadpool, Captain America 1/2, Avengers, X-Men First Class and X-Men Days of Future Past).

One of the biggest complaints about "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" from critics and comics fans alike is that it's simply too miserable. The Zack Snyder-directed blockbuster is missing the fun element that draws readers to the comic books and masses to Marvel's lighter-toned movies like "The Avengers" and "Guardians of the Galaxy."

Now the studio behind "Batman v Superman," Warner Bros., is reportedly trying to remedy the problem for its future comic book movies.

According to Birth Movies Death, the studio has requested reshoots of its summer DC Comics adaptation, "Suicide Squad," that would give the film a playfulness that fans reacted positively to in its trailer.

It turns out, all the jokes in the movie have already been revealed in the trailer, according to Birth Movies Death.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/suicide-squad-getting-expensive-reshoot-175609593.html;_ylt=AwrBT_zX._5WX5kAtJNXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Yah, I like Affleck and he seems well suited to the role. Gal Gadot has been getting rave reviews for her performance. Hopefully they'll do her justice with a feature film or three of her own.

I'm not too interested in either the DC or Marvel universe movies myself, though. It seems like being a big fan of the universe helps ... but those fans also tend to be all the more particular about these things.