Coach Williams: Pro WR workout videos

Sorry, I know we already have a thread, but I wanted to really spotlight these videos instead of tacking them on at the end of another discussion.

Ryan Grant, James Jones, Kenny Bell.

Coach Williams (who goes by his birthname on twitter) maybe doesn't have the P.R. polish that Coach Riley or Coach Bray or the recently departed Coach Warren (to use a few prominent examples), but this dude is (quietly) intense. He lives and breathes that #wideouts hashtag. It's not clear that he cares about anything else. He's just a lean, mean, WR-coaching machine.

As an aside, I remember when James Jones was just some rookie mid rounder that Packers fans were incredibly high on -- I followed the Packers pretty closely that year, since one of my Husker favorites had just been drafted there (Brandon Jackson!) It's been great seeing Jones' career progress the way it has, and Aaron Rodgers, too -- at the time, Rodgers was also an unknown asset that Packers fans were privately very high on. It was Favre's last season. And now Jones is here, at Nebraska, honing his craft alongside recent Husker-in-the-NFL Kenny Bell, who is loving the new guy as he starts this new chapter of his career. Really, really neat. Gets the blood pumpin'.

kb_to_kw.png

• Fire 4

He probably was coming back for summer golf lessons and was mildly surprised when our new WR coach didn't have any advice on his swing.

Has RF gotten a new job yet? In football specifically, don't care if he's teaching golf lessons again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...