Pinched Nerve

I've had something weird going on with my right collarbone for months now, and I'm starting to think it might be something along these lines. A guy at my church is a trainer and massage therapist so I'm going to have him look at me soon, but probably about 2-3 times a week when I wake up in the morning my entire top half of my right arm aches, and I can point it to one spot right on my collarbone causing it.

Go to a Physical Therapist. They can work it out and help it a lot. I have been going to one because my left shoulder and arm have been hurting and he said it is from having such a strong chest that it is pulling my shoulders forward causing my left trap to curl around a nerve. He said the best way to prevent this is to strengthen my Rhomboid muscles.

Go to a Physical Therapist. They can work it out and help it a lot. I have been going to one because my left shoulder and arm have been hurting and he said it is from having such a strong chest that it is pulling my shoulders forward causing my left trap to curl around a nerve. He said the best way to prevent this is to strengthen my Rhomboid muscles.

Gotta do more rows

Gotta do more rows

I do rows twice a week. He has me doing these reverse flys and really emphasize on the squeeze at the top of the lift. Has me lay on the bench with my stomach facing the floor, grab the DBs and do a fly motion with them while keeping my elbows slightly bent. Anyone ever try them?

Gotta do more rows

I do rows twice a week. He has me doing these reverse flys and really emphasize on the squeeze at the top of the lift. Has me lay on the bench with my stomach facing the floor, grab the DBs and do a fly motion with them while keeping my elbows slightly bent. Anyone ever try them?
I've never done them laying like that, but I've always incorporated rev flys in my routine since I started lifting again a few years back. Just overall shoulder work seemed to help with my offset traps and shoulder pain (I would wake up and my shoulders would be cocked, one higher than the other). I started out doing rev flys seated and now do them standing (which really hits your traps). It's really easy to get lazy if you use too much weight. You really gotta focus on completing the lift, and the squeeze your PT was emphasizing.
  • 5 weeks later...

So. It's been 4 weeks and my pinched nerve has been gone for about 2 and a half or 3 weeks. I ended up going to the Chiropractor (never gone before, I'm 27). Holy cow, they took X-Rays when I first went on the 24th of July. I had a mild/moderate degeneration in my back. It was weird looking at the xrays to see my spinal column in the shape of a snake. They showed me a spot in my Lumbar area that had previous damage from a pinched nerve. Which I was able to identify when he said it. They said my back felt like a brick wall. I had basically no movement in my spine. It was really compressed. I started at 6'1" but probably am 6'2" now. :P;)

Long story short! I believe in chiropractic. I feel 100 percent better. It's expensive but if you've got the money, do it. Anyone ever gone to the chiropractor?

I will be lifting again on Monday. Getting back into my routine. I have missed 22 workouts, and I can just feel the anxiety of not having been able to work out the way I want to.

So. It's been 4 weeks and my pinched nerve has been gone for about 2 and a half or 3 weeks. I ended up going to the Chiropractor (never gone before, I'm 27). Holy cow, they took X-Rays when I first went on the 24th of July. I had a mild/moderate degeneration in my back. It was weird looking at the xrays to see my spinal column in the shape of a snake. They showed me a spot in my Lumbar area that had previous damage from a pinched nerve. Which I was able to identify when he said it. They said my back felt like a brick wall. I had basically no movement in my spine. It was really compressed. I started at 6'1" but probably am 6'2" now. :P;)

Long story short! I believe in chiropractic. I feel 100 percent better. It's expensive but if you've got the money, do it. Anyone ever gone to the chiropractor?

I will be lifting again on Monday. Getting back into my routine. I have missed 22 workouts, and I can just feel the anxiety of not having been able to work out the way I want to.

I bought an inversion table for my back and it is great. Might want to look into it

Gotta do more rows

I've done them, working on your rear delt is extremely important to offset a strong chest. Too much benching will lead to your shoulders being pulled forward, which will weaken the whole shoulder joint and lead to issues with the rotator cuff and the labrum. I had shoulder surgery on my left shoulder due to this and had to rehab my right as well. It helped me realize that working every muscle group is very important to not creating more issues for yourself.

Ever since I did this one class at my gym 3 weeks ago my left knee knee has been twitching like crazy making me wonder if I have a pinched nerve somewhere.