SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

To me, if Ozigbo doesn't like it, then it kind of goes to show that he's more of a "me" person than a "we" person. That is NEVER good for team chemisty.

Part of the reason recruits select schools is an understanding of the opportunity they will have there.

They should understand the reality that sometimes these opportunities change, and that's fair game. I don't think it was wrong of Riley, because things did change.

The wrong here is the system: Nebraska lost a few players and are free to go hunting for late additions or transfers, but any of the players who have signed on for this class are completely stuck with us. They cannot simply go look for another opportunity that might be better for them, now that things are different here. It's kind of a rotten deal.

• Fire 2

To me, if Ozigbo doesn't like it, then it kind of goes to show that he's more of a "me" person than a "we" person. That is NEVER good for team chemisty.

Part of the reason recruits select schools is an understanding of the opportunity they will have there.

They should understand the reality that sometimes these opportunities change, and that's fair game. I don't think it was wrong of Riley, because things did change.

The wrong here is the system: Nebraska lost a few players and are free to go hunting for late additions or transfers, but any of the players who have signed on for this class are completely stuck with us. They cannot simply go look for another opportunity that might be better for them, now that things are different here. It's kind of a rotten deal.

I also agree with that!

Bottom line, for me, I don't care when Bama "lies" or "cuts" a kid and I don't care if NU doesn't or anyone.

I personally won't coach a sport where I have to make cuts, I can't do it, no way for me but I am just wired that way. But I am all for NU doing what they need to do.

I agree with this. I'd have no problem with this addition - and I still really hope we get him - but just don't make promises that you're not going to keep. Nothing has changed with our RB situation. No one left. No one got injured. We just found someone else we wanted. Nothing wrong with that part of it. But Ozigbo apparently signed with an understanding that we've now changed and he has no recourse. Perhaps he would have signed anyway if we hadn't told him that but it's on us that we did.

Somehow I think most would feel somewhat upset if this was them or their son that this was happening to.

• Fire 1

I agree with this. I'd have no problem with this addition - and I still really hope we get him - but just don't make promises that you're not going to keep. Nothing has changed with our RB situation. No one left. No one got injured. We just found someone else we wanted. Nothing wrong with that part of it. But Ozigbo apparently signed with an understanding that we've now changed and he has no recourse. Perhaps he would have signed anyway if we hadn't told him that but it's on us that we did.

Somehow I think most would feel somewhat upset if this was them or their son that this was happening to.

Yup, I'm ok with going after this kid but you can't knock Ozigbo if he's upset about it. This if you don't like it go somewhere else thing is stupid. The natural reaction of someone would be to get upset so stop with that stuff.

(That comment isn't directed at you Mav)

All this teeth gnashing is a waste of time if the kid goes elsewhere, even on Devine"s part. I have had enough of losing and if this kid can help us win then Riley would be negligent if he did not make the effort to get him here. He would still have to compete for playing time.

This is beyond the recruitment promises to Ozigbo. Honestly, NU is trying to win football games. Putting the best teams together they can. If Stevenson can help, then Ozigbo needs to be on board with it.

I got not problems with this or with cutting kids or running kids off. None at all. Do what you need to do to win.
Wow, what a difference time makes. All I used to see around here was that the "$EC" did things like that, and that they cheat by oversigning and cutting players.

Suddenly we're all okay with Nebraska doing this?

This is beyond the recruitment promises to Ozigbo. Honestly, NU is trying to win football games. Putting the best teams together they can. If Stevenson can help, then Ozigbo needs to be on board with it.

I got not problems with this or with cutting kids or running kids off. None at all. Do what you need to do to win.
Wow, what a difference time makes. All I used to see around here was that the "$EC" did things like that, and that they cheat by oversigning and cutting players.

Suddenly we're all okay with Nebraska doing this?

I don't know about others...I have always been okay with it. I am okay with them paying players under the table, or them getting free dinners or free drinks at the bars. It has never bothered me. I am okay with them showing the recruits a really good time in hopes of signing them.

Funny story...my buddy, while at NU, applied to be a recruit host...he did not know that those jobs are for blazing hot girls...not dorky looking out of shape dudes! ha

I'm not surprised there are Nebraska fans that have this attitude (just like I'm not surprised to hear racist comments directed at players at the games), but it still blows my mind.

"More than Winning"

"Not the Victory but the Action"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

And to be clear, I don't mind bringing this guy in. I do mind running off players SEC style. These are peoples lives. People that were promised the world to come here. Speaking of which, I'm a bit concerned about how and why kids like Gladney and Fyfe are suddenly off the team.

Nailed it.

Exactly, name the last national champ that wasn't playing "hard ball".

I'm not surprised there are Nebraska fans that have this attitude (just like I'm not surprised to hear racist comments directed at players at the games), but it still blows my mind.

"More than Winning"

"Not the Victory but the Action"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

And to be clear, I don't mind bringing this guy in. I do mind running off players SEC style. These are peoples lives. People that were promised the world to come here. Speaking of which, I'm a bit concerned about how and why kids like Gladney and Fyfe are suddenly off the team.

Fyfe walked out of practice and never came back after the staff told him his scholarship wasn't guaranteed again this fall.

Gladney was rumored to hang with a bad crowd and got in some trouble.

This is the first instance I know of the staff just blatantly doing something like this... It's not right, and it's not something I condone Nebraska doing. This is why you don't make promises to recruits. I bet Ozigbo would have signed if we had never told him that, and now there's going to be a problem because a coach made a dirty promise he couldn't keep.