SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

Ozigbo, as far as anyone knows, isn't losing a scholarship or being "cut". He is being asked, along with the rest of the team, to be excited about the chance to add a quality football player to an "unused" roster spot. If Ozigbo, or any other player, has a problem with his coach trying to maximize the roster without kicking a current teammate off the squad.....; I don't know what to say to a kid like that.

I got not problems with this or with cutting kids or running kids off. None at all. Do what you need to do to win.

I'm not surprised there are Nebraska fans that have this attitude (just like I'm not surprised to hear racist comments directed at players at the games), but it still blows my mind.

"More than Winning"

"Not the Victory but the Action"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

And to be clear, I don't mind bringing this guy in. I do mind running off players SEC style. These are peoples lives. People that were promised the world to come here. Speaking of which, I'm a bit concerned about how and why kids like Gladney and Fyfe are suddenly off the team.

Fyfe walked out of practice and never came back after the staff told him his scholarship wasn't guaranteed again this fall.

Gladney was rumored to hang with a bad crowd and got in some trouble.

This is the first instance I know of the staff just blatantly doing something like this... It's not right, and it's not something I condone Nebraska doing. This is why you don't make promises to recruits. I bet Ozigbo would have signed if we had never told him that, and now there's going to be a problem because a coach made a dirty promise he couldn't keep.

I don't know what to say to this except wow, and not in a good way.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them doing this. This is a complete surprise to everyone, the coaches are not prophets, and you don't turn away talent that wants to come here. It's not as if they were purposely trying to trick him. They had no idea this opportunity would fall in their laps.

If they had signed another RB a week after telling him that, then it would be different.

• Fire 3

I got not problems with this or with cutting kids or running kids off. None at all. Do what you need to do to win.

I'm not surprised there are Nebraska fans that have this attitude (just like I'm not surprised to hear racist comments directed at players at the games), but it still blows my mind.

"More than Winning"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

And to be clear, I don't mind bringing this guy in. I do mind running off players SEC style. These are peoples lives. People that were promised the world to come here. Speaking of which, I'm a bit concerned about how and why kids like Gladney and Fyfe are suddenly off the team.

Because Fyfe was 4th string and a non-scholarship player? I feel like this has been discussed numerous times in the football forum. He was a walk-on, not promised anything, and chose to try to play here. It didn't work out, that's football. Not sure about gladney, no one outside of the program may never know. That's a coaches decision, something above the fans' pay grade.

"More than Winning"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

Because Fyfe was 4th string and a non-scholarship player? I feel like this has been discussed numerous times in the football forum.

4th string at best.

"More than Winning"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

Fyfe walked out of practice and never came back after the staff told him his scholarship wasn't guaranteed again this fall.

This is the first instance I know of the staff just blatantly doing something like this... It's not right, and it's not something I condone Nebraska doing. This is why you don't make promises to recruits. I bet Ozigbo would have signed if we had never told him that, and now there's going to be a problem because a coach made a dirty promise he couldn't keep.

I like some discussion. Note my "first instance" comment was regarding Ozigbo and promises, not Fyfe and Gladney, they made their own bed. What don't you agree with?

"More than Winning"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

Because Fyfe was 4th string and a non-scholarship player? I feel like this has been discussed numerous times in the football forum.

4th string at best.

Completely agree there. I was trying to give the kid the benefit of the doubt, didn't want the Grand Island folk ripping me for saying anything worse.

• Fire 1

This is beyond the recruitment promises to Ozigbo. Honestly, NU is trying to win football games. Putting the best teams together they can. If Stevenson can help, then Ozigbo needs to be on board with it.

To me, if Ozigbo doesn't like it, then it kind of goes to show that he's more of a "me" person than a "we" person. That is NEVER good for team chemisty.

Wow, what a difference time makes. All I used to see around here was that the "$EC" did things like that, and that they cheat by oversigning and cutting players.

Suddenly we're all okay with Nebraska doing this?

Were you on board with TO's decision to play Lawrence Phillips?

Fyfe was on scholarship. And then he wasn't. I don't know what happened with any of these guys, santos, gladney, etc. Maybe they all had justifiable reasons to pull their scholarships, but I'm starting to be concerned about the smoke. Turnover happens with any coaching change, but usually it's the kids making the decision to leave. I just hope we still have a program that treats kids the right way.

• Fire 1

Moiraine said it best.

It's not like we blatantly knew we'd be lying to the kid. Do people expect us to just tell the kid to go to Alabama? Even though he'll make our team better? I just don't think people are completely grasping the situation with what happened.

Ozigbo just needs to buck up and say "fine, come get my job." or whatever stance close to that he could take. Instead of putting his tail between his legs and saying "poor me".

Sick of kids and that mentality! It's something we're seeing more and more these days.

Fyfe was on scholarship. And then he wasn't. I don't know what happened with any of these guys, santos, gladney, etc. Maybe they all had justifiable reasons to pull their scholarships, but I'm starting to be concerned about the smoke. Turnover happens with any coaching change, but usually it's the kids making the decision to leave. I just hope we still have a program that treats kids the right way.

:facepalm:

Cuz humiliating kids on national tv time and time again was treating kids the right way.

"More than Winning"

"Through these Gates..."

"Just win, Baby"

I like some discussion. Note my "first instance" comment was regarding Ozigbo and promises, not Fyfe and Gladney, they made their own bed. What don't you agree with?

The statement "dirty promise" for starters.

Fyfe and others left mostly on their own after seeing the depth chart. Guys who you feel got forced out had their own problems.

I am not concerned when you look at the guys who left. They were probably told they wouldnt see much for playing time and best bet might be to move on.

This is fairly light amount of turnover compared to other schools with coaching changes.