SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

That is among the more ridiculous things I've read on the internet recently. Taking away kids' college education does not fall on the same scale of morality as ineffective coaching.

I think it's ridiculous to think the worst of the coaching staff when you don't even know the stories behind them leaving.

It's almost appalling.

This is beyond the recruitment promises to Ozigbo. Honestly, NU is trying to win football games. Putting the best teams together they can. If Stevenson can help, then Ozigbo needs to be on board with it.

To me, if Ozigbo doesn't like it, then it kind of goes to show that he's more of a "me" person than a "we" person. That is NEVER good for team chemisty.

I got not problems with this or with cutting kids or running kids off. None at all. Do what you need to do to win.
Wow, what a difference time makes. All I used to see around here was that the "$EC" did things like that, and that they cheat by oversigning and cutting players.

Suddenly we're all okay with Nebraska doing this?

Were you on board with TO's decision to play Lawrence Phillips?

I was fine with it! And Kate Mckewon and sat right by me in Colorado that's good history of jazz class!

That is among the more ridiculous things I've read on the internet recently. Taking away kids' college education does not fall on the same scale of morality as ineffective coaching.

Are you serious with this? Gladney clearly did something he shouldn't have, and Fyfe was a walk on with a 1 year scholarship. He still has plenty of opportunity to get a college education, just like he did when he originally walked on.

• Fire 1

Fyfe was on scholarship. And then he wasn't. I don't know what happened with any of these guys, santos, gladney, etc. Maybe they all had justifiable reasons to pull their scholarships, but I'm starting to be concerned about the smoke. Turnover happens with any coaching change, but usually it's the kids making the decision to leave. I just hope we still have a program that treats kids the right way.

If some of the players released worried about the smoke, I doubt we'd even be having this argument. As far as Fyfe, walk-ons that are granted a scholarship are only promised a scholarship for one year. Perform well enough and it could be renewed, simply put there are better prospects to give the scholarship to and that's what happened. As stated above Fyfe was still granted the opportunity to earn an education, since he came in without an athletic scholarship.
  • Fire 1

This is beyond the recruitment promises to Ozigbo. Honestly, NU is trying to win football games. Putting the best teams together they can. If Stevenson can help, then Ozigbo needs to be on board with it.

To me, if Ozigbo doesn't like it, then it kind of goes to show that he's more of a "me" person than a "we" person. That is NEVER good for team chemisty.

I got not problems with this or with cutting kids or running kids off. None at all. Do what you need to do to win.
Wow, what a difference time makes. All I used to see around here was that the "$EC" did things like that, and that they cheat by oversigning and cutting players.

Suddenly we're all okay with Nebraska doing this?

Were you on board with TO's decision to play Lawrence Phillips?

No. And Tom Osborne, along with the Nebraska program, has been rightly criticized for it. Nebraska is lucky those incidents occurred in the 90s before social media could've brought a lot more negative attention to the University, as Florida State has found out.

• Fire 2

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them doing this. This is a complete surprise to everyone, the coaches are not prophets, and you don't turn away talent that wants to come here. It's not as if they were purposely trying to trick him. They had no idea this opportunity would fall in their laps.

If they had signed another RB a week after telling him that, then it would be different.

Well said, that class is done and signed and with a position that needs depth due to injury risk the coach's need to go after this.

No. And Tom Osborne, along with the Nebraska program, has been rightly criticized for it. Nebraska is lucky those incidents occurred in the 90s before social media could've brought a lot more negative attention to the University, as Florida State has found out.

I'm 100% with you there.