SIGNED - RB Jordan Stevenson

This is a crazy saga. It isn't often that when something like this happens, we happen to be in the right position to snatch up the player. For example, Russell Wilson, Everett Golson.

Stevenson didn't show (I think) an Oregon State offer beforehand.

How did Nebraska get in on this so fast and run away with it?

This is a crazy saga. It isn't often that when something like this happens, we happen to be in the right position to snatch up the player. For example, Russell Wilson, Everett Golson.

I don't see an Oregon State or Maryland offer but apparently both Bray and Stewart had recruited him in some capacity at those schools. My guess would be both figured out he was interested in "bigger" schools so it didn't go very far.

And I'm sure it helped that most schools already got their RB recruits settled and/or don't have any scholarships available.

But that's still a good get for us.

• Fire 1

Remember Greg Paulus? Hahaha

• Fire 1

Think it has anything to do with MR and Wisky coach being friends? Maybe that was the lead in...? I have no idea, just throwing it out there...

I usually try not to throw out hyperbole or over-evaluate a player before they actually play a few games for Nebraska, but in this particular instance I will make an exception.

Watch this young man's tape. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/564819/jordan-stevenson

If Lawrence Phillips was the perfect I-back fit for Tom Osborne's Power-Option offense, then Jordan Stevenson is almost a perfect fit for Mike Riley's Zone/Jet Sweep/Pro-Style offense.

Obviously, the young man has to put in the work, and a lot will depend on the talent around him (especially on the offensive line), but the next few years could be very exciting for Nebraska.

This is the type of recruiting battle Nebraska fans have expected, but Bo Pelini and staff could not provide on a consistent basis.

• Fire 1

I usually try not to throw out hyperbole or over-evaluate a player before they actually play a few games for Nebraska, but in this particular instance I will make an exception.

Watch this young man's tape. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/564819/jordan-stevenson

If Lawrence Phillips was the perfect I-back fit for Tom Osborne's Power-Option offense, then Jordan Stevenson is almost a perfect fit for Mike Riley's Zone/Jet Sweep/Pro-Style offense.

Obviously, the young man has to put in the work, and a lot will depend on the talent around him (especially on the offensive line), but the next few years could be very exciting for Nebraska.

This is the type of recruiting battle Nebraska fans have expected, but Bo Pelini and staff could not provide on a consistent basis.

have we moved up in the rankings for this class? Last time I looked we were around 34th or so.