Predict the 2015 Season (Votes = Wins)

Predicted 2015 Win Total  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Select all the wins that apply.

My 2015 Prediction

W - vs BYU

W - vs South Alabama

L - @ Miami (FL)

W - vs Southern Miss

W - @ Illinois

W - vs Wisconsin

W - @ Minnesota

W - vs Northwestern

W - @ Purdue

L - vs Michigan State

W - @ Rutgers

W - vs Iowa

L - vs Ohio State (2015 B1G Championship)

W - Bowl Game

Hmmm....without looking, I did the exact same as you.

I think we win against BYU but get tripped up on the road against Miami. Then we improve throughout the season to lose to MSU in a close game. Not sure how we will match up against OSU but I believe our showing will be better than the last time we were in the B1G CCG.

We go against a decent team in a bowl game and win.

11-3 I would be happy with that.

Miami,Wis NW.

9-3

We always seem to lose one we shouldn't. I think its NW

Maybe 10-3 with a good bowl match up, or 9-4 with a bad one.

GBR!!!

That was the old regime !! I think Mich St and then OSU are the only real "losses" we should have.

GBR !

• Fire 1

I'm going 11-3. Losses to Miami, Michigan St., and BIG Championship.

This is what I noted. I could see us beating Miami. Possibly MSU as we've played decently against them in the past. OSU in the CCG - would be 2 years to soon to think of a victory there imho.

Why do so many Husker fans predict a loss to MSU? I did it too, but not sure why.

The all time series has us leading 7-2. Yes, they won the last two but only by an average of 9 points. Since we joined the B1G, we are 2-2 against them. The two games we won were by an average of 12.5 points.

I believe we are very similar to them in talent. We have been simply out coached the last two times we have played them. Evidence of this is last year. We came in that game and played like crap for most of the first three quarters. If it weren't for a miscommunication between receivers, we might have won that game in the end. Yeah yeah yeah....I know, MSU might have let up at the end. However, a MUCH more talented team along with better coaching doesn't almost lose a game like that in the end.

So, why do so many people believe MSU is an automatic loss? Is it simply a factor of their staff has been in place for a while and ours hasn't?

I think this game is going to be really interesting late in the season. Our players and staff will have had time to get on the same page and be much more familiar with each other. I predicted we would have 1 loss going into that game. If that's the case, we will also have confidence going into a home game. We very well might pull that one off.

Why do so many Husker fans predict a loss to MSU? I did it too, but not sure why.

The all time series has us leading 7-2. Yes, they won the last two but only by an average of 9 points. Since we joined the B1G, we are 2-2 against them. The two games we won were by an average of 12.5 points.

I believe we are very similar to them in talent. We have been simply out coached the last two times we have played them. Evidence of this is last year. We came in that game and played like crap for most of the first three quarters. If it weren't for a miscommunication between receivers, we might have won that game in the end. Yeah yeah yeah....I know, MSU might have let up at the end. However, a MUCH more talented team along with better coaching doesn't almost lose a game like that in the end.

So, why do so many people believe MSU is an automatic loss? Is it simply a factor of their staff has been in place for a while and ours hasn't?

I think this game is going to be really interesting late in the season. Our players and staff will have had time to get on the same page and be much more familiar with each other. I predicted we would have 1 loss going into that game. If that's the case, we will also have confidence going into a home game. We very well might pull that one off.

I think we all just expect MSU to be pretty good this year. QB play will be great as well as their defense.

Also, we all kind of expect to drop a couple games this year. So the comfy pick is to lose to the top rated team on our schedule.

Honestly, there isn't a game on the season we couldn't win if the staff and players click automatically and the injury bug is kind to us.

But in reality there will be a few times where there is confusion between what we want to do and what we end up doing. The transition will be smoother than expected, but not perfect. That alone plus a couple key losses at important positions will be our biggest downfall this year.

• Fire 1

Predicting a loss to MSU makes alot more sense than a Miami loss. They're a projected 6-7 win team, slotted for 5th in their division...

On paper yes....I predicted a loss there simply because it's the first road game against a program that is going to want to pound us after how they were treated last year. It's going to be a very heated battle and it's early in the year.

The fact that it is our first road game and it is a long road game into a very hot environment against a team loaded with athletes. Is my reasoning. To me their QB is the second best we play after Cook. They have a lot things to replace, but they will have talent.

MSU is my pick to win the conference this year. They have all the pieces to put together a great year as long as the play hungry.

Mainly because they look to be our toughest game. The only two games they lost last year was to the two teams that played in the National Championship game. We've definitely played them tough but it will be interesting to see how our new schemes match up. Pelini's defense gave MSU all kinds of problems. We held them to their lowest point total last year (tied with Oregon). Two years ago they put up 41 points on us but a lot of that was on the back of our five turnovers. We beat them the two years before that - holding their offense in check for the most part - but the rest of the series history doesn't hold any weight. It will be interesting to see how our new defense comes together.

Along with that, most people aren't picking us to go undefeated. If you're going to pick us to lose at least one game, odds are that would be the one. But I think we should be very competitive. Won't surprise me if we win but I'm not "expecting" it.

Interesting after a small sample size. 50 voters

% is who think Nebraska wins

BYU= 98%

South Alabama= 100%

Miami=72%

Southern Mississippi= 100%

Illinois= 98%

Wisconsin=64%

Minnesota= 76%

Northwestern=96%

Purdue= 100%

Michigan State= 18%

Rutgers=98%

Iowa=96%

B1G champ= 10%

Bowl= 86%

Nat champ=4%

Obviously a small sample size, but early on i am a bit surprised by a few things.

Miami only being 72%. I honestly dont think that game is nearly that tough.

No respect to Iowa or Northwestern. Not saying they beat us, but surprised people are so confident(I was one of them)

Low number on B1G champ game.. I assumed they wouldnt make it with two losses, but 10% shows the faith people have.

• Fire 1

W - vs BYU

W - vs South Alabama

W - @ Miami (FL)

W - vs Southern Miss

W - @ Illinois

L - vs Wisconsin

L - @ Minnesota

L - vs Northwestern

W - @ Purdue

L - vs Michigan State

W - @ Rutgers

L - vs Iowa

W - Bowl Game

What is that, 8-5 after the bowl game? Seems about right to me. I think we start off well and pull off some games that we shouldn't have won, but the B1G teams where we've had to pull off miracles in recent past (NW, Iowa) will come back to haunt us and hang some tough L's on us.