Predict the 2015 Season (Votes = Wins)

Predicted 2015 Win Total  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why do so many Husker fans predict a loss to MSU? I did it too, but not sure why.

Mainly because they look to be our toughest game. The only two games they lost last year was to the two teams that played in the National Championship game. We've definitely played them tough but it will be interesting to see how our new schemes match up. Pelini's defense gave MSU all kinds of problems. We held them to their lowest point total last year (tied with Oregon). Two years ago they put up 41 points on us but a lot of that was on the back of our five turnovers. We beat them the two years before that - holding their offense in check for the most part - but the rest of the series history doesn't hold any weight. It will be interesting to see how our new defense comes together.

Along with that, most people aren't picking us to go undefeated. If you're going to pick us to lose at least one game, odds are that would be the one. But I think we should be very competitive. Won't surprise me if we win but I'm not "expecting" it.

Not to mention Sparty has a BYE the week before they come to Lincoln.

W - vs BYU

W - vs South Alabama

W - @ Miami (FL)

W - vs Southern Miss

W - @ Illinois

L - vs Wisconsin

L - @ Minnesota

L - vs Northwestern

W - @ Purdue

L - vs Michigan State

W - @ Rutgers

L - vs Iowa

W - Bowl Game

What is that, 8-5 after the bowl game? Seems about right to me. I think we start off well and pull off some games that we shouldn't have won, but the B1G teams where we've had to pull off miracles in recent past (NW, Iowa) will come back to haunt us and hang some tough L's on us.

Our luck against Iowa and NW has more to do with us getting out coached but having superior talent to win in the end when we shouldn't have

Low number on B1G champ game.. I assumed they wouldnt make it with two losses, but 10% shows the faith people have.

My vote that we lose the CCG has nothing to do with my faith in the coaching staff. I am guessing OSU will be in the CCG and I don't expect any first year staff to go against Meyer in their first year and beat him the year after winning an NC.

Now, if we get there and if we play OSU, my koolaid glasses will be on in full glory the week of the game.

Low number on B1G champ game.. I assumed they wouldnt make it with two losses, but 10% shows the faith people have.

My vote that we lose the CCG has nothing to do with my faith in the coaching staff. I am guessing OSU will be in the CCG and I don't expect any first year staff to go against Meyer in their first year and beat him the year after winning an NC.

Now, if we get there and if we play OSU, my koolaid glasses will be on in full glory the week of the game.

To be brutally honest, i didnt even think of it this way. I figured most didnt have them in them game and forgot the option is just for those thinking they would win... with the opponent being OSU most likely, that probably doesnt happen.

Good call. Brain is on the fritz today.

Cool thing is, with an undefeated OSU going into a CCG, and if NU had 2 losses going in. Would a victory over the Buckeyes be an eye opener to the committee to let NU in the playoff?

Doubtful.

A 2 loss SEC team or a 1 loss Big 12 runner up or a one loss Notre Dame would still get in over a 2 loss Nebraska.

Cool thing is, with an undefeated OSU going into a CCG, and if NU had 2 losses going in. Would a victory over the Buckeyes be an eye opener to the committee to let NU in the playoff?

Hmmm....could be interesting Coach.

Or an even bigger question at this point.

Who the hell is gonna be the starting center, right guard and right tackle?

NU is around 15th power rated according to this poll after 57 votes. Even 20th would work but have to think Wisky is a bit worse or we'll get em this time or we're at home, or something.

With that rating the MSU loss is a bit over predicted and a bowl win (opponent would be 10ish) is over predicted...so they offset. Wisky in the low teens to 20's.

The high probabilities of NU wins when favored by say 9+ is an artifact of the method of this poll so I ignored them (pollers predict wins but if asked to give odds pollers would say 75%, 90% etc rather than 100%).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

ESPN's ranking includes simulation results with predicted W/L.

OSU is top ranked predicted to go 11.4-1.3

Bama is 2nd, predicted to only go 8.7-3.5

2.5 games worse, for BAMA. If you don't understand why that Bama w/l makes perfect sense then you don't know how to logically forecast season w/l's.

no. But a 1 loss Nebraska team could jump in.

So if we only lose to MSU and beat OSU.... We have an outside shot?

Actually I'd say a near lock.

1 loss to top 10 and a final game that is enormously impressive.

We (me) can talk ourselves out of "dreaming" for various reasons. OSU sure didn't look like a champion for most of the year.

And on the other end FSU got in while not really having the on field performance to get in but wins is wins baby. Baylor and TCU were a sliver away and their recruiting rankings are pretty far down the list compared to OSU BAMA etc. Neither of them had a killer win like what a ccg win over OSU would be.

So, if NU gets past BYU Miami and Wiscy I for one will be grinning.