The Repub Debate

One thing for sure, Carl, you are a true believer. Uncle Joe is about to get into the ring wt Obama's blessing. While Joe is the clown in the race, he will be preferable by many who see Hillary as the liar in the race. Contrast the image - Happy Uncle Joe vs cranky lemon face Aunt Hillary. Either way, when Joe gets in - I suspect the fur and the fake hair will start flying and will hopefully take Trump out of the news - maybe then the repub primary voters can start looking at the other guys.

Not really. I'm not much of a Hillary fan. She's OK.

Wait and see what happens, eh? I'll try to not drop too many "told ya so's."

Did Happy Uncle Joe jump in with Obama's blessing yet?

Is that still coming any day now? How long should we wait?

• 3 months later...

Cruz has not had a good week. Sarah Palin (yesterday's news) has endorsed Trump and now good ole Bob Dole has pissed on his parade. I think the establishment types have determined that Cruz would be easier to 'take out' and if they can ruin his chances in Iowa and Trump wins in NH - Cruz will be ruined by SC. And he'll be yesterday's news. Then the establishment can see if they can revive one of the other guys to make headway against Trump in the remaining states. However, it is starting to look like a out of control locomotive to stop. Win SC, NH and possibly Iowa - Trump will be hard to defeat.
Dole is right - I cannot see Cruz working wt even a republican congress. He burned his bridges by his actions.

https://beta.finance.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-hard-universally-loathed-160300349.html

Cruz has not had a good week. Sarah Palin (yesterday's news) has endorsed Trump and now good ole Bob Dole has pissed on his parade. I think the establishment types have determined that Cruz would be easier to 'take out' and if they can ruin his chances in Iowa and Trump wins in NH - Cruz will be ruined by SC. And he'll be yesterday's news. Then the establishment can see if they can revive one of the other guys to make headway against Trump in the remaining states. However, it is starting to look like a out of control locomotive to stop. Win SC, NH and possibly Iowa - Trump will be hard to defeat.

Dole is right - I cannot see Cruz working wt even a republican congress. He burned his bridges by his actions.

https://beta.finance.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-hard-universally-loathed-160300349.html

Palin had something like a 25% Republican approval rating in July. It's even worse with Democrats obviously.

Her endorsement of Trump is not bad for Cruz. A Palin endorsement does nothing but get the candidate attention, which is something Trump didn't need.

Palin had something like a 25% Republican approval rating in July. It's even worse with Democrats obviously.

Her endorsement of Trump is not bad for Cruz. A Palin endorsement does nothing but get the candidate attention, which is something Trump didn't need.

Yes, her 'brand' is damaged - not what it use to be for good reason. However, for the true believer out there she is still the image of anti-establishment and pulls in the religious values voter especially in Iowa which has gone wt Huckabee and Santorium in the recent past elections. How I think it hurts Cruz also is how fervently she came out in support of his Senate election in 2010 - her endorsement was a big deal for him then. The perception by some would be that his star is fading.

I still haven't seen anything that suggests Carson wouldn't be an excellent President. It doesn't seem he stands a chance judging from the latest polls, but he SHOULD be our next President. The guy is reasonable, calm, and highly intelligence. I would trust a man with his character, and intellect to know how to put the right people around him if he was elected. The President needs to be measured, but also willing to act when necessary.... It's too bad he stands little chance going forward.

I still haven't seen anything that suggests Carson wouldn't be an excellent President. It doesn't seem he stands a chance judging from the latest polls, but he SHOULD be our next President. The guy is reasonable, calm, and highly intelligence. I would trust a man with his character, and intellect to know how to put the right people around him if he was elected. The President needs to be measured, but also willing to act when necessary.... It's too bad he stands little chance going forward.

He just kind of wilted in the debates - blended into the wall paper.. appeared not ready for prime time and then made some statements that showed his lack of knowledge on foreign affair issues. But he is a man of character and intellect as you note - He would not be brash or reactive as Trump has shown to be.

He just kind of wilted in the debates - blended into the wall paper.. appeared not ready for prime time and then made some statements that showed his lack of knowledge on foreign affair issues. But he is a man of character and intellect as you note - He would not be brash or reactive as Trump has shown to be.

No doubt that his lack of aggression in the debates killed his momentum....As for his lack of knowledge with foreign affairs, that is what I meant when I said he would be smart enough to put the right people around him to strengthen his weaknesses....

I just think that his level of composure, and intellect would go a long way for this country right now.

I'll grant you that he does waver (sometimes contradict himself) on foreign issues, but he is steadfast on where he stands domestically (flat tax, gun control, economic views, etc.)

Trump dropping out of the debate tonight - does it hurt him and helps others?

I think it gives others the opportunity to speak and they better take advantage of it instead of addressing the missing person. It is the perfect time for Cruz, Rubio, Carson, Bush, Kasinish, Christi, Paul to speak clearly about their plan, positively without attacking each other and tell us why they deserve the spot. You got the windbag off of the stage - take advantage of it.

Hopefully the Fox moderators won't make it about themselves (esp Ms Kelly) or about Trump.

Yes, her 'brand' is damaged - not what it use to be for good reason. However, for the true believer out there she is still the image of anti-establishment and pulls in the religious values voter especially in Iowa which has gone wt Huckabee and Santorium in the recent past elections. How I think it hurts Cruz also is how fervently she came out in support of his Senate election in 2010 - her endorsement was a big deal for him then. The perception by some would be that his star is fading.

Here's the crazy thing: Iowa has gone with Huckabee and Santorum the past few years and both of those guys faded ever since that. Yet, so much weight is given to the Iowa caucus, which is in no way, shape, or form predictive of the actual nomination.

Trump may seem like he has a lot of steam, but I wouldn't be surprised that--come nomination time at the RNC, he isn't their guy and that someone more moderate, Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush gets the nod.

I think the moderators will goad them into trying to lay into Trump. And I think that'd be a good thing. He finally won't be there to defend himself with insults or talk of poll numbers, and I hope they lambaste him.

It should be a more civil type of debate rather than the circus sideshow jokefest he tries to turn it into. CNN has been plugging the narrative that this is Cruz's chance to shine, and Rubio's chance to go after Cruz to solidify his footing.

I still think it's funny that people are reporting that CNN will cover Donald's event based on Ann Coulter

And yet there's been no official confirmation from CNN. Yet conservative media outlets are picking it up and running with it.

I hate how the media continues to circle anything Trump like rabid, hungry dogs. It's exactly what that asshat wants.

I think it hurts Trump.

Now, all the Trumpanistas will still back him 100% and repeat all the BS reasons on why he isn't there.

But, with anyone with a brain and/or undecided, this hurts him.

The candidates need to give just enough poke at him to hurt him. I love the commentary of...."If you can't handle a moderator in a debate, how are you going to handle ISIS, North Korea, China, Iran and Russia".

But, 95% of it needs to be them giving reasons to vote for them. The carnival side show won't be there...so, get back to talking about what's important and make it meaningful.

Here's the crazy thing: Iowa has gone with Huckabee and Santorum the past few years and both of those guys faded ever since that. Yet, so much weight is given to the Iowa caucus, which is in no way, shape, or form predictive of the actual nomination.

Trump may seem like he has a lot of steam, but I wouldn't be surprised that--come nomination time at the RNC, he isn't their guy and that someone more moderate, Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush gets the nod.

Jen Bush? I hope that's not wishful thinking. If so, ugh....