The Repub Debate

I know it seems simplistic.

I know it's a liberal canard.

But the biggest reason Americans think America has gone off the tracks under Obama is because Fox News keeps telling them so.

As Knapp points out, facts are available if you really want them.

A lot of people don't.

While I don't ascribe to the belief republicans are financially responsible, a POTUS has limited control of debt and often things are on a lag. For example, poor economic practices during the 90s caused the collapse in the 00s. And a tech boom in the 90s probably disguised underlying economic weaknesses that led to a fall in productivity and debt in the 2000s.

I absolutely think you are correct. Now just wait for about 5 years after Obama leaves office and see how big of trouble we are in. Especially if Hillary (God help us) gets elected.

But the biggest reason Americans think America has gone off the tracks under Obama is because Fox News keeps telling them so.

A lot of people don't.

While I don't ascribe to the belief republicans are financially responsible, a POTUS has limited control of debt and often things are on a lag. For example, poor economic practices during the 90s caused the collapse in the 00s. And a tech boom in the 90s probably disguised underlying economic weaknesses that led to a fall in productivity and debt in the 2000s.
I absolutely think you are correct. Now just wait for about 5 years after Obama leaves office and see how big of trouble we are in. Especially if Hillary (God help us) gets elected.

Then again, the republicans were in control of congress during the 90s. So they can claim much high ground.

A lot of people don't.

Great point. CBO projections show that in the 5 years after Obama leaves the office the national debt will explode at an even higher rate. In other words, we have not even begun to feel the pain from his big government programs such as Obamacare.

So then let's forget about Katrina and simply compare consulate deaths under Bush to consulate deaths under Obama.

Then let's just forget the whole thing, because really bad sh#t happens under everyone's watch.

Here's one nobody likes to talk about: Obama has been an absolute beast in the War on Terror, taking out far more high-profile terrorists than the Bush administration ever did.

But that requires conservatives to accept that Obama has been both aggressive and successful in persecuting our Islamic enemies.

And it requires liberals to accept that Obama has been pursuing ongoing, unchecked drone warfare that kills far more innocents than high-profile terrorists, a strategy that would have drawn outrage under Bush.

Discuss.

Wow, you are really on a roll with these laughable statements. First off, I will give Obama credit for taking out Bin Laden and other key targets, as any time this is accomplished its putting America First. With that said, Obama would never have caught Osama without the intelligence and interrogation policies put in place by Bush that he and the left strongly opposed. There were countless stories written about this at the time of Bin Laden's death.

http://www.redstate.com/dan_mclaughlin/2012/09/05/no-president-obama-didnt-find-osama-bin-laden/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/05/05/bush_led_bin_laden_dead_--_wheres_the_credit_109757.html

http://townhall.com/columnists/guybenson/2011/05/05/vindication_three_controversial_bush_policies_help_take_down_bin_laden

Second, just as Al Quada began to thrive during the Clinton years, ISIS has began to thrive under the Obama years, GROWING BY 4400%, and this according to Obama's own CIA director.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/cia-director-isis-has-grown-4400-percent-under-obama/

What world events or Middle East events happened that allowed a group like ISIS to take hold and grow?

None. I'm sure their part of Iraq would've been just as easy to take over while Saddam Hussein was in charge.

So then let's forget about Katrina and simply compare consulate deaths under Bush to consulate deaths under Obama.

Then let's just forget the whole thing, because really bad sh#t happens under everyone's watch.

Here's one nobody likes to talk about: Obama has been an absolute beast in the War on Terror, taking out far more high-profile terrorists than the Bush administration ever did.

But that requires conservatives to accept that Obama has been both aggressive and successful in persecuting our Islamic enemies.

And it requires liberals to accept that Obama has been pursuing ongoing, unchecked drone warfare that kills far more innocents than high-profile terrorists, a strategy that would have drawn outrage under Bush.

Discuss.

Wow, you are really on a roll with these laughable statements. First off, I will give Obama credit for taking out Bin Laden and other key targets, as any time this is accomplished its putting America First. With that said, Obama would never have caught Osama without the intelligence and interrogation policies put in place by Bush that he and the left strongly opposed. There were countless stories written about this at the time of Bin Laden's death.

http://www.redstate.com/dan_mclaughlin/2012/09/05/no-president-obama-didnt-find-osama-bin-laden/

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/05/05/bush_led_bin_laden_dead_--_wheres_the_credit_109757.html

http://townhall.com/columnists/guybenson/2011/05/05/vindication_three_controversial_bush_policies_help_take_down_bin_laden

Second, just as Al Quada began to thrive during the Clinton years, ISIS has began to thrive under the Obama years, GROWING BY 4400%, and this according to Obama's own CIA director.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/cia-director-isis-has-grown-4400-percent-under-obama/

What world events or Middle East events happened that allowed a group like ISIS to take hold and grow?

None. I'm sure their part of Iraq would've been just as easy to take over while Saddam Hussein was in charge.

I don't think saddam would want to loose the oil revenue in that area. He would have gassed them - you know those WMD that we didn't find.

"I think profiling is something that we're going to have to start thinking about as a country," Trump said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "We really have to look at profiling. We have to look at it seriously. And other countries do it, and it's not the worst thing to do. I hate the concept of profiling, but we have to use common sense. We're not using common sense."

F***t**d.

Anyone who can't see what a terrible idea this is can't see past their own a-hole. Or doesn't know what the word "precedence" means.

• Fire 1

That sort of encapsulates perfectly my exasperation at "we must include the name 'Islam' in our rhetoric" as well as the continued insistence by Trump supporters that he is somehow for small government and freedoms.

It's ridiculous. He's also against freedom of the press. Not for lying but because they don't blow sunshine up his ass.

Then it's settled, the American public will rise up and vote for third party candidates en masse...or just keep voting for horrible candidates because they beat other horrible candidates and won the red or blue party.

I feel like we've lost some perspective due to the anamolous nature of this cycle.

We're only four years removed from Obama v. Romney, which is a pretty generic Republican v. generic Democrat type of election. It's not like we've been churning out crap candidates for cycle upon cycle. It just seems that way because we nominated two exceedingly polarizing candidates this year.