The Repub Debate

So after watching the movie, I have to say it was a good watch. I'd definitely recommend it to anybody. Here are my thoughts:

While he (Samuel L Jackson) went too far with the guy's wife, I honestly side with him on everything else. If he was actually going to hurt the kids, I'd say that would be over the line, but the way I understood it, he wasn't actually going to hurt the kids.

I guess this breaks it down for me. The 3 scenarios:

1) The way the movie actually went - Even with everyone else holding him back, he still was able to get the terrorist to tell him the location of the 3 bombs. While I know that this is a movie, if this was an accurate portrayal of what really would happen, I'd consider the results effective.

2) Hypothetically speaking here - His hunch was there was a 4th bomb. If he had been allowed a little bit more time to use the terrorist's kids as leverage, the guy may have told them that.

3) Here's where I have a hard time with the whole idea - Say this is real life and the events play out exactly like this. Without using the terrorist's family as leverage, they never would have found the location of the 3 bombs, and the entire country would have been blasted away. I'd have a hard time justifying letting 3-4 of America's largest cities get blown to pieces because the people with the power to find this information had to "take a moral high ground" and not interrogate this man with force.

It's definitely a moral quandary, but (even though I think killing the guy's wife was terribly wrong) there are times when that type of interrogation is necessary. I know it's a difficult issue, but that's just how it is.

So basically, HuskerShark, you're saying the only way to get the bad guys info in that situation is to torture innocents.

Which is what we've been saying all along. Which is unconscionable.

Once again, not what I said. But in the plot of the movie, even though it's difficult to think about this way, Sam L Jackson saved millions of people. What are you supposed to do, just let the bombs go off?

I thought the debate last night was highly entertaining to watch. I honestly would like to see the Dems take the gloves off more, but they seem to be playing flag football while the GOP candidates are playing full-on tackle football. My impression of the debate:

1. Rubio won hands down. He looked and sounded most Presidential, was quick on his feet, and held his own with Cruz on immigration.

2. Jeb Bush stood his ground against Trump, but I'm not sure he helped himself too much.

3. I admire Kasich trying to be positive and Mr. Nice guy, but the party is looking for a fighter this time around, not somebody who is afraid to land a punch.

4. Ben Carson needs to drop out. Nice guy but just taking up space at this point.

5. Ted Cruz defended attacks well, but got bloodied a few times. I think we will see Rubio surpassing him in polls coming out after this debate.

6. Trump had the worst debate thus far. He became red-faced and irate when Bush and others called him out, and blaming Bush for 9/11 is indefensible for GOP voters who have an 80% approval rating of Bush 43. Trump has been as high as 43% in SC polls that came out Friday and Saturday. If he drops into the lower 30s or upper 20s, we will know this debate hurt him.

The election is still a week out, but here is my prediction:

1. Rubio and Trump will be tied for first. I see Rubio making a huge comeback after his poor NH debate performance.

2. Cruz will be 3-5 points behind Rubio and Trump.

3. One or both of Kasich and Jeb will come in below 10% and it will be time for them to drop out.

4. Carson will come in below 7% and also need to drop out.

I agree with a lot of what you said...I thought Trump made a big mistake (right or wrong it doesn't matter) when he mentioned the World Trade Center...It is safe to say that the topic of the WTC is still very much a topic that needs to be treated with kid-gloves for many many people, totally understandable.

With that said, Trump is not afraid and simply doesn't back down.

Bush did well but I still think he wishes he wasn't running. He is the "youngest prince" the one that doesn't really have to do anything and has a great time. I honestly think he felt pressure to run, family pressure.

Carson shoudl drop out.

Kasich is interesting and I wonder if he might be a good VP running mate...

Nothing stood out to me about Cruz or Rubio...with the expection that Rubio did not look like a huge sweaty vag this time around...probably cause CC wasn't there to call him out every time he opened his mouth.

I agree that Rubio comes off as the most polished but sometimes it feels fake...I remember thinking the same exact thing with Obama...he had such a polished speaking presence.

Trump comes off as the most animated and I think one thing he does well is that he shows emotion.

Carson might be so smart that it actually hurts him!

Man...if Trump wins we are probably going to see about 50% of the US population leave the country.

If you think that is bad, if Hillary or Bernie leave I think you will see even more people want to leave the country. Bernie, Hillary, and Trump are all bad for the country.

Hill should be in prison

Sanders cracks me up...that guy is 100% himself all the time. I don't want him as president but I bet he was a fun dude back in college.

I thought the debate last night was highly entertaining to watch. I honestly would like to see the Dems take the gloves off more, but they seem to be playing flag football while the GOP candidates are playing full-on tackle football. My impression of the debate:

I wish the Republicans would stop "tackling" each other and have a true debate. A debate/discussion about how their policies would better America along with how they plan to implement them. Then the other candidates on stage could critique the "plans" and explain why it wouldn't work or how their ideas would be better. In other words: have a constructive conversation. Instead they throw petty insults at eachother and accuse each other of not being "conservative" enough and who hates Obama the most.

Hillary and Bernie aren't exactly having the ideal debates either, but I at least feel like I'm watching a mostly political debate and not a "Real World" reunion when they are on.

I wish the Republicans would stop "tackling" each other and have a true debate. A debate/discussion about how their policies would better America along with how they plan to implement them. Then the other candidates on stage could critique the "plans" and explain why it wouldn't work or how their ideas would be better. In other words: have a constructive conversation. Instead they throw petty insults at eachother and accuse each other of not being "conservative" enough and who hates Obama the most.

Hillary and Bernie aren't exactly having the ideal debates either, but I at least feel like I'm watching a mostly political debate and not a "Real World" reunion when they are on.

Yeah. Being civil and courteous does not equate to a flag football/tackle football comparison. If anything it would be the other way around, as children play flag football with adults playing tackle.

Well I have actually watched all the debates for both parties, and I have seen plenty of policy discussion on the GOP side, while plenty of attacking the GOP by Bernie and Hillary. Both sides have engaged in substantive discussions as well as attacking others. I think the GOP candidates are more blatant with their attacks, and I also think the GOP has had more debates where the moderators have pushed them and tried to encourage infighting. I think the reason you are seeing more straight talk on the right is that most Republicans are sick of years of political correctness and the mainstream media controlling the agenda. The level of anger is similar to how angry Dems were from 2006 to 2008 about the Iraq war.