A look at rep points over the years

Here's another set of numbers to chew on.

There were 29 members who showed up on both the original Top 50 in 7/2012 and on the final list from 5/2015.

When rep points were discussed, one of the data points people would talk about was the percentage of rep they'd earned per post rather than the bulk number of points. This list includes everyone's total posts in that period, rep earned, and is sorted by percentage:

vTjS3N6.png

Husker_x ran away with the rep-by-percentage with nearly 25% more per-post than the #2 guy. The top ten on that list got a +1 on three out of every ten posts. Volume of posts doesn't seem to matter, as two of the top five have 1,000 or fewer posts in that time frame, and six of the top ten have fewer than 5,000 posts.

I also threw in a rep-per-date total. There were 1,036 days between the first and last time I gathered numbers. Just about half of the list picked up at least one +1 per day.

The name changes were another interesting thing to note. Six of the 29 folks that showed up on the first list had changed their names by the final list:

accountability = Count 'Bility

aspeedlin4589 = ADS

Bucky = Excel

huskerjock = Dewiz

matthew_m_g = VectorVictor

Mills = Hoosker

Po Belini = Rike Miley

NOTE - when I pulled the data for this most recent set I used the 7/2012 list as the baseline which is why everyone's old name is on that list.

I think a majority of Buckys came from that post he made about the Mods secret forum. It was pretty damn good.

either that or all the times we went back and forth...

Disagree with me, it's an automatic plus 1-2 every time. I think it's generally given by the same 2/3 individuals too.

I wish we could see who goes around and plus's what. I think that would be interesting.

I wish we could see who goes around and plus's what. I think that would be interesting.

There would be benefits & drawbacks to such a thing. Probably best left unknown.

The mods can see it, cant they?

There would be benefits & drawbacks to such a thing. Probably best left unknown. :lol:

• Fire 4

I don't have stats for last place, sorry Charlie.

I kept stats for a "reasonable" amount of people. "Reasonable" being what I could collect going through these pages in about ten minutes. I tried to collect some useful data, but don't forget that I'm by nature a lazy person.

Oh, so you are saying this data is not completely accurate? #hangingchad

Here's another set of numbers to chew on.

There were 29 members who showed up on both the original Top 50 in 7/2012 and on the final list from 5/2015.

When rep points were discussed, one of the data points people would talk about was the percentage of rep they'd earned per post rather than the bulk number of points. This list includes everyone's total posts in that period, rep earned, and is sorted by percentage:

vTjS3N6.png

Husker_x ran away with the rep-by-percentage with nearly 25% more per-post than the #2 guy. The top ten on that list got a +1 on three out of every ten posts. Volume of posts doesn't seem to matter, as two of the top five have 1,000 or fewer posts in that time frame, and six of the top ten have fewer than 5,000 posts.

I also threw in a rep-per-date total. There were 1,036 days between the first and last time I gathered numbers. Just about half of the list picked up at least one +1 per day.

The name changes were another interesting thing to note. Six of the 29 folks that showed up on the first list had changed their names by the final list:

accountability = Count 'Bility

aspeedlin4589 = ADS

Bucky = Excel

huskerjock = Dewiz

matthew_m_g = VectorVictor

Mills = Hoosker

Po Belini = Rike Miley

NOTE - when I pulled the data for this most recent set I used the 7/2012 list as the baseline which is why everyone's old name is on that list.

This is cool stuff knapp, thanks. Husker_x certainly offers absolutely fantastic insight into the board - I wonder how his numbers would look if he ventured outside of P&R more often.

We've had a good community here for a long time. Despite the complaints over the last half year, we still do. Lots of quality posters on this board.

I don't have stats for last place, sorry Charlie.

I kept stats for a "reasonable" amount of people. "Reasonable" being what I could collect going through these pages in about ten minutes. I tried to collect some useful data, but don't forget that I'm by nature a lazy person.

Oh, so you are saying this data is not completely accurate? #hangingchad

That's a good point. I am definitely saying that. To the best of my knowledge it is mostly accurate, but I also know that I didn't see some people some of the time. Some folks should have been in the top 50 but weren't because I flat-out didn't see them.

Here's a list of people who were on the final list of 5/4/15, but not on the initial list from 7/2012. I ordered them by the rep rank they were at when I first noticed them. Also included is the date they joined the Top 50, and the difference in posts, rep & Top 50 rank over time.

Nk4bk1r.png

The first six or so, Hedley through ZRod, I probably should have noticed before and included in the previous Top 50, but since there's no way to sort the Member List by reputation, I was doing this by eye. When I finally noticed Hedley, he was already in the top 15. Same for The Maudfather, JTrain, etc. Since I don't have retroactive info to go back to the month(s) before I finally noticed those guys, I can't redo those charts, and they're somewhat inaccurate. I'm reasonably confident that everyone from, say, Haspula on down this list are accurately placed in the Top 50 the first time they were eligible. Especially skersfan, Guy Chamberlin and Stumpy.

After reviewing those charts for over 2 minutes, I feel like I just don't belong here. I feel like I am the kid getting picked last in dodgeball, and then the first one to get nailed in the face with the hardest ball.

But people pay attention to what you say. They even quote you! LINK