Concentration Camps USA c/o AZ Sheriff Arpaio

The fasces were a bundle of rods carried by the attendants of a Roman magistrate (either a Consul or proconsul). They were, as the picture above shows, a bundle of rods tied together in a tube. Lesser magistracies were sometimes also preceded by Lictors carrying fasces, but most commonly they were associated with rulers with Imperium, or "power." The rulers of ancient Rome were Consuls, elected yearly, and they were allowed to add the axe to their fasces. The axe symbolized their authority over life & death of Citizens. Later, the fasces with the axe became another symbol of the Roman Emperors (a word which comes from the Latin "imperium").

The fasces & axe symbol does not represent the relatively new concept of "Fascists" any more than the swastika represents Hinduism (look it up). Rather, the Fascists of the last century adopted an otherwise very ancient symbol.

The American Congress' use of these symbols is not in any way related to modern Fascists, but a throw-back to ancient Rome - just like the columned porticos of many famous Washington D.C. landmarks hale back to ancient Roman & Greek architecture.

Learn your history, people. It's pretty interesting stuff.

• Fire 5

I rather enjoy capitalism, rather than the sit on my ass and ask for a government check game that runs amuck in this country.

Actually, the ones who enjoy the greatest profits are the ones who do the most ass sitting. Profits are what you make for not working, just ask any banker or Wall St guy. I guess you're the only guy in the world who hasn't heard of 'corporate welfare', but thanks for sharing.

Good friggen Lord. Your hatred for anyone who makes a profit oozes from your poors.

Complains about white racists and conservative's, doesn't realize half the stuff he's complaining about are being pushed and expanded by democratic minorities.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It blows my mind people still try to pin these types of problems on "republicans" or "democrats"...

Actually, no. See, racism is fundamentally an institutional power relationship of one race over another. So, in the USA Inc, as in most of the world, there is institional, economic and otherwise power of whites over blacks and other non whties--going back to slavery. So, there may be predudicial slurs from, say, blacks about whites, but they have little to no institutional social power--i.e., they don't control anything on a large scale, e.g., the banking system, political system, legal system, etc.-- so it doesn't mean anything. Racism is a class/power relationship based on race. So, no, minorities are not responsible for racism in the USA and it's completely uninformed to say so.

So, you link Trump to a white supremacy type who yells white power out of a crowd of 1000s. Brilliant. You do know that an African American pastor opened the meeting in prayer. Oh, you didn't know that - I'm sure you wouldn't have posted your inflammatory video.

I also hope you aren't saying that minorities cannot be racist in their words, attitudes, and actions. All people can be racist in some form will not being responsible for institutional racism.

I rather enjoy capitalism, rather than the sit on my ass and ask for a government check game that runs amuck in this country.

Actually, the ones who enjoy the greatest profits are the ones who do the most ass sitting. Profits are what you make for not working, just ask any banker or Wall St guy. I guess you're the only guy in the world who hasn't heard of 'corporate welfare', but thanks for sharing.

Good friggen Lord. Your hatred for anyone who makes a profit oozes from your poors.

You profit from Facebook, so you're my hero. Facebook, #1 surveillence tool ever invented.

The fasces were a bundle of rods carried by the attendants of a Roman magistrate (either a Consul or proconsul). They were, as the picture above shows, a bundle of rods tied together in a tube. Lesser magistracies were sometimes also preceded by Lictors carrying fasces, but most commonly they were associated with rulers with Imperium, or "power." The rulers of ancient Rome were Consuls, elected yearly, and they were allowed to add the axe to their fasces. The axe symbolized their authority over life & death of Citizens. Later, the fasces with the axe became another symbol of the Roman Emperors (a word which comes from the Latin "imperium").

The fasces & axe symbol does not represent the relatively new concept of "Fascists" any more than the swastika represents Hinduism (look it up). Rather, the Fascists of the last century adopted an otherwise very ancient symbol.

The American Congress' use of these symbols is not in any way related to modern Fascists, but a throw-back to ancient Rome - just like the columned porticos of many famous Washington D.C. landmarks hale back to ancient Roman & Greek architecture.

Learn your history, people. It's pretty interesting stuff.

Not sure I follow you here. The fasces meant in Rome--as you describe--what they mean today: fascism, that is, supreme authority of one class(bound together) over another. The Hindu swastika means 'auspiciousness', which is essentially why Hitler chose it.

Complains about white racists and conservative's, doesn't realize half the stuff he's complaining about are being pushed and expanded by democratic minorities.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It blows my mind people still try to pin these types of problems on "republicans" or "democrats"...

Actually, no. See, racism is fundamentally an institutional power relationship of one race over another. So, in the USA Inc, as in most of the world, there is institional, economic and otherwise power of whites over blacks and other non whties--going back to slavery. So, there may be predudicial slurs from, say, blacks about whites, but they have little to no institutional social power--i.e., they don't control anything on a large scale, e.g., the banking system, political system, legal system, etc.-- so it doesn't mean anything. Racism is a class/power relationship based on race. So, no, minorities are not responsible for racism in the USA and it's completely uninformed to say so.

So, you link Trump to a white supremacy type who yells white power out of a crowd of 1000s. Brilliant. You do know that an African American pastor opened the meeting in prayer. Oh, you didn't know that - I'm sure you wouldn't have posted your inflammatory video.

I also hope you aren't saying that minorities cannot be racist in their words, attitudes, and actions. All people can be racist in some form will not being responsible for institutional racism.

Reporters noted that the chant was issued repeatedly by many Trumpites. I think what they really meant was more white power, since, you know, whites generally have the power already. Racism is dependent on a power relationship, don't know how much clearer I can state it.

haha no I didn't graduate high school , worked my ass off learning a trade and now I make 6 figures. ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand. nice try son

• Fire 1

haha no I didn't graduate high school , worked my ass off learning a trade and now I make 6 figures. ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand. nice try son

6 figures isn't exactly "rich" these days.

I assume that is as a result of what you earn in wages/salary. Wages are what you get for working, so good for you, I commend you. Profits are what is made for not working. Ok, let me simplify. If you are a contractor you get a bunch of guys to go do the work--which you find--and you profit off their efforts. e.g, if you have your act together you can go play golf while their out busting their ass for you and you get a cut off their labor. Thats called "profits". You own an factory. You get it all together, have a bunch of wage workers who produce surplus stuff. You take the surplus stuff and sell it for a profit. You dont work to make the stuff. Or, better yet, you are Warren Buffet and work the stock market. Well, the idea there is you profit off the efforts of thousands of other people, with the idea being, if you arent a complete idiot, you dont have to work. You go play golf, the rest of the world works, and you get rich--great deal, eh? Profit is the surplus value. If you make 6 figures as wages or salary, good for you, you probably WORK long hours for it--assuming you get OT pay if you are union or whatever.

If I invest in Facebook like my hero up there^^, I dont do any f'ing work for facebook, I simply profit off of them, provided their stock goes up. You sit, the thing churns, other people work, and you profit. Real simple.

The only reason an employer hires an employee is to profit off of them, somehow they have to produce more value than what the employer is paying them--i.e., he has to make a profit--or there aint no f'ing use to it.

Absentee landlordism. Perfect profit system w/o work. You invest in the land or whatever and the, say, rentals. Get it all set up. Everybody else goes to work, bring you the money which, of course, is in excess value of what you are renting, otherwise you dont get the fing profit and its a stupid waste of time. So, the idea being, you live in Acapulco and soak all the workers for rent, in say, Jersey City. Blah blah blah.

Better yet, like shithead Arpaio, you form a concentration camp. Round up a bunch of socially disgraced and defenseless populations and stick them in a pc o crap concentration camp where you can A) get the state to fund it and B) get ensentially free slave labor for some p.o.s. widget you wanna sell on the private market. A type of human trafficking, that is. Really good and popular scheme these days, on the rise, in fact.

So," son", get your terms straight before you throw the patronizing crap in my direction.

Dang....you make it sound like Sheriff A sent his deputies out and rounded up guys playing tiddlywinks on the sidewalks of Phoenix. I'd be curious how many of these "concentration camp members" are illegal and if they decide to stay in Arizona or shuffle on to a friendlier place once they get out.

Also please explain to me what sh**ty third world system would please you? Would you rather everyone has a job, a house and an education provided by Big Brother? What is the incentive for people to work hard at a job given to them when they can slack off and make just as much by flirting with the office secretary for 6 hours a day?

Dang....you make it sound like Sheriff A sent his deputies out and rounded up guys playing tiddlywinks on the sidewalks of Phoenix. I'd be curious how many of these "concentration camp members" are illegal and if they decide to stay in Arizona or shuffle on to a friendlier place once they get out.

Also please explain to me what sh**ty third world system would please you? Would you rather everyone has a job, a house and an education provided by Big Brother? What is the incentive for people to work hard at a job given to them when they can slack off and make just as much by flirting with the office secretary for 6 hours a day?

That's kind of funny, because in many respects America is beginning to resemble a third-world country. Name your topic. Education, gun violence, criminal justice, healthcare, current infrastructure, infrastructure spending, economic inequality, alarming rates of science denialism, militarized police force, wars of aggression, blatantly corrupt campaign finance, etc. and so forth. Sometimes I can't tell if people can't see what's in front of their face or simply don't want to.

Also it would be nice if people would quit pretending that our only two options in creating a functioning economic system are Ayn Rand or a Hippie commune.

• Fire 1