SIGNED - QB Tristan Gebbia

Ed Helms

HuskerBoard Predictor  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's no secret Gebbia was our #1 QB target. Staff must feel pretty good here. Thinking we could have grabbed Coan if we really wanted.

For me, it would be crazy if we could have had Coan and just decided to pass on him. You get both committments here if you can.

Grabbing both wasn't happening.

However, that wasn't the point of the post.

It's no secret Gebbia was our #1 QB target. Staff must feel pretty good here. Thinking we could have grabbed Coan if we really wanted.

For me, it would be crazy if we could have had Coan and just decided to pass on him. You get both committments here if you can.
Grabbing both wasn't happening.

However, that wasn't the point of the post.

I guess I'm really not sure the point.

I'm pretty positive he is N.

It just makes too much sense.

He said after his visit to Nebraska that he was 100% closer to knowing where he wants to go. He also said he was probably going to visit Ole Miss again and then South Carolina.

Neither of those visits happened.

He then said if I feel like I need to return trip to Nebraska to be sure of my decision, then I'll do that as well....

I read that as, after my visit to Ole Miss, if I'm having second thoughts, I'll visit Nebraska one more time to make sure I really want to go to Ole Miss...

Just a little more insight for anyone who cares.

• Fire 2

The Fitzpatrick scenario last year leaves doubts. He even said at the end "I don't need to visit Louisville again, I've been there". Them committed there. I sometimes wonder if they try to throw us off with comments. I do think he's N though here.

But didn't Fitz end up visiting there? Yes, he did. The fans chanted his name at a basketball game and he recorded it and put it on his tweeter. Plus he was previously committed to them. Completely different situations.

The Fitzpatrick scenario last year leaves doubts. He even said at the end "I don't need to visit Louisville again, I've been there". Them committed there. I sometimes wonder if they try to throw us off with comments. I do think he's N though here.

But didn't Fitz end up visiting there? Yes, he did. The fans chanted his name at a basketball game and he recorded it and put it on his tweeter. Plus he was previously committed to them. Completely different situations.

I agree but still leaves me weary. I drank the kool aid hard on fitz

I know this may sound like an opportunistic comment. But, I see Gebbia as almost a bigger possible commitment than KJJ.

KJJ had ties here with his father and Riley. There is a type of familiarity there that I'm sure gave KJJ all the confidence in committing to this program.

However, Gebbia doesn't have any of that other than some of his friends (including KJJ and Dismuke) coming here. He could go almost wherever he wants including where HIS father went to school and is familiar. I will also say that I think many players look at the quality of QB that is being recruited as a sign of the direction of the program and if they want to play in that offense.

I think if Gebbia commits to us, it will go even farther to get more of these top California kids.

• Fire 3

I know this may sound like an opportunistic comment. But, I see Gebbia as almost a bigger possible commitment than KJJ.

KJJ had ties here with his father and Riley. There is a type of familiarity there that I'm sure gave KJJ all the confidence in committing to this program.

However, Gebbia doesn't have any of that other than some of his friends (including KJJ and Dismuke) coming here. He could go almost wherever he wants including where HIS father went to school and is familiar. I will also say that I think many players look at the quality of QB that is being recruited as a sign of the direction of the program and if they want to play in that offense.

I think if Gebbia commits to us, it will go even farther to get more of these top California kids.

Agree with this. Nothing against KJJ because I think he's a great get. And this isn't trying to take away from this staff's recruitment of him. But we had a good chuck of help on KJJ that we won't get with almost any other recruit. And there's a bit of that residual with Gebbia but he definitely has other options.

I'm a little surprised at who he has in his Top 5. Maybe I'm reading this totally wrong but it seems to be down to us and Ole Miss. So if we can out-duel his parent's alma mater which is a schools that's had a higher profile lately than Nebraska including being about the most absurd play you can imagine away from playing for the SEC championship and a playoff birth, that's some good work.