Mavric

Signed - K/P Caleb Lightbourn

This is wild, the kid wasn't listed as the kicker or punter last year and apparently didn't do any of the extra point kicking in the team's first game.

Here you go sir...Caleb Lightbourn

http://kohlskicking.com/profile/caleb-lightbourn/12268/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm726tu_vjU&feature=youtu.be

• Upvote 1

Kind of disappointed his last name isn't simply three consecutive question marks.

AND HE DRESSED LIKE THIS?

mysterion.jpg

Would love to continue our special teams excellence (sans last year to an extent). We have two guys I think have a chance at making the league kicking for us right now. That's gotta bode well.

Do we really need a scholy kicker in the 2016 class? Drew Brown will be a rising Jr. when this kid would arrive.

What if Drew Brown lost his legs to some terrible accident? Do we really want a leg less kicker?

Do we really need a scholy kicker in the 2016 class? Drew Brown will be a rising Jr. when this kid would arrive.

I was a little curious about that as well. That's why I wondered at first if he was a 2017 guy.

But this is a big class so we have some room. And if he can punt, he could redshirt Foltz's senior year then take over.

I was a little curious about that as well. That's why I wondered at first if he was a 2017 guy.

But this is a big class so we have some room. And if he can punt, he could redshirt Foltz's senior year then take over.

Also, I'm not sure when this guy was offered, but the coaches may have not been completely sold on Brown's kicking. They brought in Sutcliffe to compete with Brown this year, and it wasn't until Fall Camp where Brown solidified his job as the #1 PK.

Also, I'm not sure when this guy was offered, but the coaches may have not been completely sold on Brown's kicking. They brought in Sutcliffe to compete with Brown this year, and it wasn't until Fall Camp where Brown solidified his job as the #1 PK.

Could be. But from all accounts Brown has looked very good this fall. Sutcliffe, not so much.

I suppose with the bigger class it makes sense if he is a unique talent that does both jobs. Just a bit surprising they would take 1 of the 85 for a guaranteed special teams player on a redshirt, even for 1 year.

Kind of disappointed his last name isn't simply three consecutive question marks.

mysterion.jpg

Hey, it's not as bad as most of the costumes college football teams wear these days.

mysterion.jpg

Hey, it's not as bad as most of the costumes college football teams wear these days.
Like how our alternates always turnout?
  • Upvote 1

What if Drew Brown lost his legs to some terrible accident? Do we really want a leg less kicker?

Are you a psychic? I guess he didn't "technically" lose it..

Drew Brown has no business being on the team anymore

You serious Clark?

Good Lord.

You serious Clark?
Yes. He has become a liability.

You serious Clark?
It's hard going from 90% FG kickers to sub 66%. Brown has some sort of -itis and it needs to be corrected or next man up.

You serious Clark?
He's only a sophomore, he could still turn it around. Remember Sam Ficken?

Nebraska currently his only offer but rated five star by Kohl's (kickers rating service). Planning to OV here when his season is done. Hearing from other schools but says the Huskers are easy out in front.

Strengths are kickoffs and punting but can also kick field goals.

Anyone know if he is being recruited to replace foltz or is he more viewed as a kicker?

From what I read he will be a punter.

His strengths are listed in this order.

1) Kick-off's

2) Punting

3) Field Goals

Said he can kick fg, but it's not his specialty at this point. Which is fine. Brown has earned his keep. Would be nice to have a good kick-off guy and a punter to replace Foltz when he graduates.