Signed - K/P Caleb Lightbourn

Mavric

Do we really need a scholy kicker in the 2016 class? Drew Brown will be a rising Jr. when this kid would arrive.

I was a little curious about that as well. That's why I wondered at first if he was a 2017 guy.

But this is a big class so we have some room. And if he can punt, he could redshirt Foltz's senior year then take over.

Also, I'm not sure when this guy was offered, but the coaches may have not been completely sold on Brown's kicking. They brought in Sutcliffe to compete with Brown this year, and it wasn't until Fall Camp where Brown solidified his job as the #1 PK.

Do we really need a scholy kicker in the 2016 class? Drew Brown will be a rising Jr. when this kid would arrive.

I was a little curious about that as well. That's why I wondered at first if he was a 2017 guy.

But this is a big class so we have some room. And if he can punt, he could redshirt Foltz's senior year then take over.

Also, I'm not sure when this guy was offered, but the coaches may have not been completely sold on Brown's kicking. They brought in Sutcliffe to compete with Brown this year, and it wasn't until Fall Camp where Brown solidified his job as the #1 PK.

Could be. But from all accounts Brown has looked very good this fall. Sutcliffe, not so much.

I suppose with the bigger class it makes sense if he is a unique talent that does both jobs. Just a bit surprising they would take 1 of the 85 for a guaranteed special teams player on a redshirt, even for 1 year.
  • 2 weeks later...

What if Drew Brown lost his legs to some terrible accident? Do we really want a leg less kicker?

Are you a psychic? I guess he didn't "technically" lose it..

Drew Brown has no business being on the team anymore

You serious Clark?

What if Drew Brown lost his legs to some terrible accident? Do we really want a leg less kicker?

Good Lord.

You serious Clark?
Yes. He has become a liability.

You serious Clark?
It's hard going from 90% FG kickers to sub 66%. Brown has some sort of -itis and it needs to be corrected or next man up.

You serious Clark?
He's only a sophomore, he could still turn it around. Remember Sam Ficken?