Democratic Election Thread

Thanks for doing this. I was going to do the same. The Democratic nomination process is in disarray now that everyone realizes Hillary is a fake. It will be fun to see if Biden gets in. I actually hope the Dems are dumb enough to nominate Hillary as the general electorate does not like her and her favorables are in the tank.

I don't think there's any chance BIden would win the nomination over Hillary. Sanders has a better chance than Biden.

Absolutely no way this is true. Biden will only fully commit to running if he thinks that Hilary's foundation is cracking enough, and he'd have a ton of momentum and resources to go after that, as well as being an attractive option to a large part of the party that perceives Hilary to be a sinking ship.

The Biden thing is somewhat mysterious to me. Here, they've been posting polls on the MSM for weeks now and the guy hasn't said one word on said MSM. All we here is that Biden is such a, "nice guy", blah blah blah. Hey, he's ran twice before, why not not win a 3rd time. It's, to me, some type of propaganda ploy to throw up polls on a guy who isn't even in the race yet and get the media and country talking about the guy who is otherwise cloaked in obfuscation at this point.

Biden is, at best, slightly left of center, right of Hillary. I'm almost inclined to say this is a right wing ploy top get Biden in the race to break up Hillary's constituency--I mean, it's no stretch at all to think some right wing super duper pact guys might pay off good ol' Joe to do such a thing. There's something fishy in the whole Biden thing.

Anyway, BERNIEBERNIEBERNIE!

bernie-sanders-portrait-01.jpg?w=400&h=2

I took a phone survey for Quinnipiac today, and when the question came up about who I was likely to support (I forget the exact wording), Biden's name came up.

This is both astounding and frustrating, because as of today, 8/30/15, Joe Biden hasn't announced a candidacy. He's not in the race. No one could stand for him in the caucuses or vote in the primary because his name would not be on the ballot. This has been going on for months. Polls continue to rank participants that aren't participating. I don't know if this is a common scene in the political world, but it smacks of a serious agenda.

Why agenda? It seems clear that Biden is mulling a run, and why not? I don't see a conspiracy here. It would be unusual if the entire Democrat field simply ceded to Hilary without putting up a fight. And unless any of them intend to run as independents, it won't matter in the end. One of them will win and I have a hard time believing the base will decide "Hey, you know, whatever to healthcare."

Why agenda? It seems clear that Biden is mulling a run, and why not? I don't see a conspiracy here. It would be unusual if the entire Democrat field simply ceded to Hilary without putting up a fight. And unless any of them intend to run as independents, it won't matter in the end. One of them will win and I have a hard time believing the base will decide "Hey, you know, whatever to healthcare."

Always with the extremes.

By putting the vice president's name into a field he is not actually a part of (yet), they're skewing the poll results for no other reason than to drive the media's obsession with the horserace. That's not a conspiracy. That's the infotainment media's primary function: drama, conflict, BS.

I don't particularly care about polls a year before an election, but we're getting into the meat of campaign season now. The Republican debates have started and anyone who has a real prayer of winning has already entered the race (Biden has no chance whatsoever for a host of reasons, chief among them being he hasn't even begun to put his stamp on the early primary states).

You also left out Sanders, who is leading in some polls in New Hampshire and is within seven points in the latest Des Moines Register poll in Iowa. Nobody is ceding anything.

Joe is Biden his time. Kind of weird to take polls on a guy who hasn't spoken to the media in about 8 years and isn't officially in the race. He's a "really nice, charming guy" is the buzz. Well, if I wanted a really charming, nice guy, I'd vote for my dad. Fox and CNN have been bashing Hillary from the get go for months and now they throw up Biden's name in the mix, so it smacks of right wing conspiracy to me. Something's fishy, but that's politics.

It's between Hillary and Bernie and Biden just muddies the waters. If I wasn't "feeling the Bern", I'd probably vote for O'Malley over Hillary--guy talks a decent game.

Bernie got some real good press on CNN this morning since he's closing in on Hillary in the Lolwa polls. Don't underestimate The Bern, he's the real deal:

QwswfmH.jpg?1

Joe is Biden his time. Kind of weird to take polls on a guy who hasn't spoken to the media in about 8 years and isn't officially in the race. He's a "really nice, charming guy" is the buzz. Well, if I wanted a really charming, nice guy, I'd vote for my dad. Fox and CNN have been bashing Hillary from the get go for months and now they throw up Biden's name in the mix, so it smacks of right wing conspiracy to me. Something's fishy, but that's politics.

It's between Hillary and Bernie and Biden just muddies the waters. If I wasn't "feeling the Bern", I'd probably vote for O'Malley over Hillary--guy talks a decent game.

Bernie got some real good press on CNN this morning since he's closing in on Hillary in the Lolwa polls. Don't underestimate The Bern, he's the real deal:

QwswfmH.jpg?1

I think this image of Bernie should have one key word change....instead of "Spread the Truth" it should say "Spread the wealth."

I took a phone survey for Quinnipiac today, and when the question came up about who I was likely to support (I forget the exact wording), Biden's name came up.

This is both astounding and frustrating, because as of today, 8/30/15, Joe Biden hasn't announced a candidacy. He's not in the race. No one could stand for him in the caucuses or vote in the primary because his name would not be on the ballot. This has been going on for months. Polls continue to rank participants that aren't participating. I don't know if this is a common scene in the political world, but it smacks of a serious agenda.

You haven't been around polls for very long I take it. This type of stuff happens all the time. When Romney was toying with the idea of running again earlier this year, many polls came out with and without him as a candidate. This happened all the time with Jeb Bush as a candidate well before he declared in June of this year.

What it does is provide a snapshot of what the race might look like with another big name in it. It's hard to find a bigger name than a sitting VP.

You haven't been around polls for very long I take it. This type of stuff happens all the time. When Romney was toying with the idea of running again earlier this year, many polls came out with and without him as a candidate. This happened all the time with Jeb Bush as a candidate well before he declared in June of this year.

What it does is provide a snapshot of what the race might look like with another big name in it. It's hard to find a bigger name than a sitting VP.

If it's one poll, or five polls, or ten polls, fine. Like I already said, early in the race when contenders are still mulling, it's understandable. Right now polling data seriously affects the trajectory of campaigns. If you go to RealClearPolitics today, you will see Biden hanging beneath Clinton and Sanders at 14%––with no asterisk or caveat or anything. Why are we not seeing the poll where that 14% is being distributed among actual candidates? In my view they should be limiting major national polls (internal campaign pollsters could put Santa Clause on the list for all I care) to the candidates who have declared. If nothing else, it's for the sake of accuracy.

X & Corn - do you see Berine's age as an issue (I know you personally don't but maybe the general election voters may)- 105 or I mean 75 now. I know in 1980 that was raised as an issue and again in 84 against Reagan (who skillfully turned that issue against Mondale in the debate wt his famous line). I know 75 is the new 65 and all of that but do you think it will become an issue?

X & Corn - do you see Berine's age as an issue (I know you personally don't but maybe the general election voters may)- 105 or I mean 75 now. I know in 1980 that was raised as an issue and again in 84 against Reagan (who skillfully turned that issue against Mondale in the debate wt his famous line). I know 75 is the new 65 and all of that but do you think it will become an issue?

I am sure there are voters who will see it as an issue--namely, those that don't know Bernie and say, "who's that old geezer?", "why would we want Santa Claus for prez?", and such. I watch WA Journal(C-Span) fairly regularly and have heard such comments from callers in on fairly rare occasion. Not much depth of thought, to say the least.

My main concern, should The Bern get the nomination or, by some miracle, become prez, is that he doesn't get assassinated by the Reich Wingers like they did to JFK, MLK, etc. I really mean that. The Bern is the guy the Reich Wing most fears as he is anti corporatocracy. Back in the day, J.P Morgan/Dupont family planned a military style coup--yes, in the good ol' U$&A--to take out FDR and replace him with Gen Smedley Butler--or some wanted D McCarthey--but the plot never materialized as Butler didn't play ball, was a good guy, more or less. Butler was the one that said, "war is a racket". But never underestimate the dirty tricks of the Reich Wing, they will stop at nothing if they think they can get away with it.

Nevertheless, if Bern got in, he'd be swimming harder than a salmon upstream to get anything done and he tells voters that. Has to be a real populace movement.