Democratic Election Thread

Honestly, though - that's one of the best pictures I've ever seen of Hillary.

Knapp hold down you passions now. :wub:

Yes, she doesn't look as bad as she normally does :dunno Yes, it is a good pic of her.

Speaking of that.

One thing that absolutely drives my wife crazy about her is when she was first lady, she was always fixed up really nice. Then, she became Secretary of State and there were times where she just simply looked like she didn't give a crap what she looked like. NOW.....she is back on the Whitehouse trail and what do you know.......she looks all dolled up again.

got that right. Maybe it was "Bill Fatigue" :eek:

I still think Knapp has a crush on her :madash Since he brought it up.

I f'ing hate how much attention is given to female politicians' looks.

If they're too pretty they're considered shallow bimbos.

If they wear pants suits and try to dress serious they're bitches or they're not trying.

I don't care if the comment about her not looking nice as a senator is from a woman. It's the type of comment that is rarely ever made about men. Women shouldn't be held to a higher standard for looks or a higher standard for the effort they have to go to to look nice. Also, do you dress as nice for work every day as you did for your job interview?

That's right I'm sure glad nobody made jokes about Christy being fat or trumps hair or Bernie looking like a mixture of Albert Einstein and a crazy man.

I must have dreamed of people making jokes about trumps small hands.

And I must have dreamed that using two anecdotes trumps the fact that women tend to get commented on for their looks far more than men. You have to be living under a rock to not see this. I did not say it didn't happen with men. Bill Clinton got made fun of for eating McDonald's.

The proportion of time spent talking about men's policies/qualifications vs their looks is higher than the proportion of time talking about women's policies/qualifications vs their looks.

If they wear pants suits and try to dress serious they're bitches or they're not trying.

I don't care if the comment about her not looking nice as a senator is from a woman. It's the type of comment that is rarely ever made about men. Women shouldn't be held to a higher standard for looks or a higher standard for the effort they have to go to to look nice. Also, do you dress as nice for work every day as you did for your job interview?

Well...you brought up Rubio's looks the other day (so did I)...and JFK and Obama...

Well...you brought up Rubio's looks the other day (so did I)...and JFK and Obama...
I don't think I did. I replied to someone saying Rubio isn't handsome. Then I said something about wishing I wasn't discussing it.

I could be remembering wrong.

So if Hillary was in the wrong/lied/covered up...however you would like to phrase it...what should be her punishment?

Whatever the punishments for treason, perjury, etc are. Fine, jail time, etc.

But why even ask? She'll never go to prison even if it comes out that she was in the wrong. She'll get pardoned like every other politician. When Bush came into office he pardoned all the Clinton-era people from further investigation/retribution, and when Obama took office he did the same thing. The next president, whichever party they're from, will do the same.

I'll see a jail cell over Benghazi before Hillary does.

so true and so f'd up at the same time.

I don't think I did. I replied to someone saying Rubio isn't handsome. Then I said something about wishing I wasn't discussing it.

I thought you said...Rubio is the best choice for the republicans, he is well spoken and attractive...

I replied that I did not understand why people thought he was attractive and said Brad Pitt was a good looking guy...you said Brad Pitt was basically the bomb (which he is! Ha)...

I bet you loved him in Legends of the Fall!

We talk about male politician's looks, but we hardly ever take those observations and make character/personality assessments out of them.

I'm no fan of Hillary but I will say this, she finds herself in a lot of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations as a woman in politics.

I thought you said...Rubio is the best choice for the republicans, he is well spoken and attractive...

I replied that I did not understand why people thought he was attractive and said Brad Pitt was a good looking guy...you said Brad Pitt was basically the bomb (which he is! Ha)...

I bet you loved him in Legends of the Fall!

K, thank you. I mentioned his attractiveness because being attractive helps candidates win elections. I voted for Ralph Nader so I'm clearly not guilty.

The topic at hand is about people (from the media to the public) commenting on a woman's looks a disproportionate amount of time to her qualifications/policies as compared to men.

So there.