Democratic Election Thread

knapplc..Relax man the error originated by the Post as you said, so don't call people like me propaganda readers because we read Post originated errors and don't read their corrections. 271k search hits for 147 agents and 166k hits for the corrections. Seems after all this looong time there are still lots of uncorrected pages. I probably won't be the last person to hear about it.

dude...when I write "I suspect" that usually means I'm trying to tell all readers that I'm guessing ;)

Here's another guess...Hillary is extremely corrupt.

• Fire 2

Relax man the error originated by the Post as you said, so don't call people like me propaganda readers because we read Post originated errors and don't read their corrections. 271k search hits for 147 agents and 166k hits for the corrections. Seems after all this looong time there are still lots of uncorrected pages. I probably won't be the last person to hear about it.

The point is, it's the propaganda machines that keep promoting that false information and people just keep soaking it up.

Look, I was once someone who soaked up every tidbit of evil information I could find on those evil Democrats. I was one hell of an angry man thinking that these scum were tearing apart our country and it's just hanging by a thread staying together because of these evil people.

Then.....I stopped. I stepped back and looked at the process. I realized that there are people who get paid one hell of a lot of money to keep me angry and hating the other side. It didn't matter if what they were telling me painted an accurate picture of the other side or not. As long as I was angry, they accomplished their job and they made more money and the "right" people gained more power.

Once you step back and realize this.....the entire world view changes. I'm still rather conservative fiscally and more middle of the road socially just like I was before. But, I instead of being angry at those evil people on the other side, I am now way more angry at the people who believe it's their job to keep me angry at that other side.

• Fire 4

knapplc..Relax man the error originated by the Post as you said, so don't call people like me propaganda readers because we read Post originated errors and don't read their corrections. 271k search hits for 147 agents and 166k hits for the corrections. Seems after all this looong time there are still lots of uncorrected pages. I probably won't be the last person to hear about it.

The only one worked up over anything is you. All you had to do was a ten-second google search, but that wouldn't have fit your agenda, so you went with the propaganda. Funniest part is, you have no idea it's propaganda, and you're offended when it's pointed out to you.

It is to laugh. :D

Then.....I stopped. I stepped back and looked at the process. I realized that there are people who get paid one hell of a lot of money to keep me angry and hating the other side. It didn't matter if what they were telling me painted an accurate picture of the other side or not. As long as I was angry, they accomplished their job and they made more money and the "right" people gained more power.

Once you step back and realize this.....the entire world view changes. I'm still rather conservative fiscally and more middle of the road socially just like I was before. But, I instead of being angry at those evil people on the other side, I am now way more angry at the people who believe it's their job to keep me angry at that other side.

Bravo, my man :)

Relax man the error originated by the Post as you said, so don't call people like me propaganda readers because we read Post originated errors and don't read their corrections. 271k search hits for 147 agents and 166k hits for the corrections. Seems after all this looong time there are still lots of uncorrected pages. I probably won't be the last person to hear about it.

The point is, it's the propaganda machines that keep promoting that false information and people just keep soaking it up.

Look, I was once someone who soaked up every tidbit of evil information I could find on those evil Democrats. I was one hell of an angry man thinking that these scum were tearing apart our country and it's just hanging by a thread staying together because of these evil people.

If you don't mind me saying this, and I honestly mean no offense, I think you haven't stepped back as much as you say. Your feelings on Donald Trump aren't a secret, and that's cool with me, but where do you get your information on him? Perhaps the people that are paid a lot of money to help shape the negative views on him?

If you don't mind me saying this, and I honestly mean no offense, but I think you haven't stepped back as much as you say. Your feelings on Donald Trump aren't a secret, and that's cool with me, but where do you get your information on him? Perhaps the people that are paid a lot of money to help shape the negative views on him?

I got my views of him when I tried listening to him at the beginning of the campaign and through the debates. Listening to him alone tells me he is full of BS and has absolutely no clue what he is doing (as far as governing. He's very good at filling us with BS). He panders to whatever crowd is in front of him or who is interviewing him. He changes what he says about a subject constantly and then turns around and tries to blame the media for painting his original quotes wrong. BS....all you have to do is listen to the original quote and you learn he's a jack ass.

Just because I try to make every effort to filter out political biases in the information media puts out, doesn't mean I can't have very strong opinions on someone who deserves those strong opinions.

• Fire 5

If you don't mind me saying this, and I honestly mean no offense, but I think you haven't stepped back as much as you say. Your feelings on Donald Trump aren't a secret, and that's cool with me, but where do you get your information on him? Perhaps the people that are paid a lot of money to help shape the negative views on him?

I got my views of him when I tried listening to him at the beginning of the campaign and through the debates. Listening to him alone tells me he is full of BS and has absolutely no clue what he is doing (as far as governing. He's very good at filling us with BS). He panders to whatever crowd is in front of him or who is interviewing him. He changes what he says about a subject constantly and then turns around and tries to blame the media for painting his original quotes wrong. BS....all you have to do is listen to the original quote and you learn he's a jack ass.

Just because I try to make every effort to filter out political biases in the information media puts out, doesn't mean I can't have very strong opinions on someone who deserves those strong opinions.

I honestly believe he is kind of shaping his views of policy based on the information that he is provided on a daily basis which is why it seems to you like he flip flops. I guess I just don't view it that way. I'd rather have someone who is flexible and is able to change their View based on new information provided rather than have someone who has a firm policy on day one and refuses to change their mind.

For example, I totally ignored that he has completely reversed his stance on guns, abortions, and other policies in his lifetime but I don't think it's because of who he is talking to. I think it's because he literally is changing his mind about those things and that's okay. I would hope that someone would be open-minded enough to change their mind over the course of a 20 or 30 year period.

Sanders Camp Flirts with Going Full "Burn It Down"

Pretty good summary of some rumblings seemingly floating out of the Sanders camp at the moment. Personally, I'm pretty put off by it.

I understand the logic, but I disagree about the effect it would have. If this is true, he's shown an ongoing penchant to want to vilify and demonize the Democratic party at large as being too cozy with special interests. This makes sense, since Sanders himself is truly no Democrat and apparently feels no allegiance to the party. It also fits the whispers we've heard from colleagues about his holier-than-thou attitude on the hill. I agree there's a lot that could be improved with our political process, but I'm damn well tired of Sanders turning the entire thing into a gigantic purity test.

If he ultimately pursues this course of action and actively hurts his party while helping strengthen the possibility of a Trump presidency, I'd never forgive him. I know there are some fans on the board (Landlord, Moiraine), and I used to sympathize with his cause, but now I'm tired of this old man. If he helps piss away the Supreme Court to conservatives for what's probably the majority of my life, I'd be absolutely livid.

Well, what he is going to do is alienate a lot of people (like you) that were sympathetic to his cause. Clinton is still going to be the candidate and after the convention, all the focus is going to be on Clinton vs. Trump and nobody is going to pay attention to the crazy old man in the corner mumbling to himself. And, many of his supporters are going to quiet down and go away and not even vote.

What he will do is reduce the momentum Clinton has coming out of the convention.

Pretty good summary of some rumblings seemingly floating out of the Sanders camp at the moment. Personally, I'm pretty put off by it.

I understand the logic, but I disagree about the effect it would have. If this is true, he's shown an ongoing penchant to want to vilify and demonize the Democratic party at large as being too cozy with special interests. This makes sense, since Sanders himself is truly no Democrat and apparently feels no allegiance to the party. It also fits the whispers we've heard from colleagues about his holier-than-thou attitude on the hill. I agree there's a lot that could be improved with our political process, but I'm damn well tired of Sanders turning the entire thing into a gigantic purity test.

If he ultimately pursues this course of action and actively hurts his party while helping strengthen the possibility of a Trump presidency, I'd never forgive him. I know there are some fans on the board (Landlord, Moiraine), and I used to sympathize with his cause, but now I'm tired of this old man. If he helps piss away the Supreme Court to conservatives for what's probably the majority of my life, I'd be absolutely livid.

Five things the Democratic Party should stop saying about Bernie Sanders

This addresses most of the concerns in your article and explains why they are overblown. It also points out how divisive Hillary was in the 2008 primary. I believe Sanders will ultimately get on board and endorse Hillary but I don't have a problem with him voicing his complaints against the Democratic Party and Hillary in the mean time.

What if Bernie runs as an Independent? I'm seeing some rumbling that he might.

I would find it hilarious if a Bernie Sanders third-party run derailed Clinton when it looked like a Donald Trump third-party run could split the Republican vote and derail their candidate. Irony of ironies.

Five things the Democratic Party should stop saying about Bernie Sanders

This addresses most of the concerns in your article and explains why they are overblown. It also points out how divisive Hillary was in the 2008 primary. I believe Sanders will ultimately get on board and endorse Hillary but I don't have a problem with him voicing his complaints against the Democratic Party and Hillary in the mean time.

That's a question of opinion. I still have what I feel are valid concerns about the path it appears Sanders wants to take this.

For one, I supported Obama in 2008. I much less ardent in the attention that I paid to that election, though, and don't have personal memories of the way the primary devolved. All I've heard are some pretty damning recollections. I will say I'm never a fan of politics taking the low road, and it sounds like that's exactly what happened in 2008. We're all gearing up for more of the same with Trump in 2016.

That said, I don't appreciate either of our candidates taking that same road now. But I see some clear distinctions between then and now.

Chiefly, Bernie really is not a Democrat. The link that helped bring Clinton and Obama together in 2008, even as heated as it got, was that in the end, they both wanted what was best for the party. We do not have that guarantee with Bernie, as much as I'd like to think we do. He's an Independent that appears to have major resentment with the MO of the Democratic party and how they carry out elections.

Who's to say he feels like he owes the Dems anything? If he feels they cheated him out of anything, would he not try to skewer them for what he perceives to be their rigged, corrupt nature? I'm not sure, and I wish I was.

Normally, I'd agree that he should stay in through California and spread his message, as he's earned it. But his attacks on Clinton are being used verbatim by the Trump campaign, and he seems consumed by lodging complaints at the DNC about how unfair the process is and how they're disenfranchising voters.

Ideally, in my mind, he'd stay in until the end, stop criticizing Clinton or the Dems, and make it very clear he gets serious planks on the party platform, including some reforms he wants to the primary process.

Right now, he's actively hurting my party, and it's all to go down in a flame of ideological purity. I'm thinking more about the cold, hard, end result here. Bernie won't be the nominee. And if he does damage to our chances to win in November in the meantime, I for one am not going to forgive him.

What if Bernie runs as an Independent? I'm seeing some rumbling that he might.

I would find it hilarious if a Bernie Sanders third-party run derailed Clinton when it looked like a Donald Trump third-party run could split the Republican vote and derail their candidate. Irony of ironies.

The entire thing would be flipped on its head. We're already seeing some of that, with what appears will be a unified GOP convention and an acrimonious, divided Dem one.

I do not think he will do this. He's said time and again he'll do all he can to stop Trump. He knows this would be doing the exact opposite. And he'd be handing the Supreme Court over on a silver platter to a conservative majority for decades.

I hope he's not that drunk on his own popularity. It'd make him a massive hypocrite who doesn't really care at all about progressive ideals, in my eyes. And a sore loser.