First Depth Chart of the Season

RFr. Gates beats out Sterup. That needed to happen.

I caught some flack last year for saying 84 Cotton shouldn't be on the field. On the list not four TE's he's the fourth. Looks like someone else saw it the same way I did. I wasn't sure why he was seeing so much time last year. Very poor blocking.

Jonathan Rose taking the spot. Good to see. Him and Davie should be fun to watch.

A lot of the word -OR- on the depth chart. I like it. Gonna be some battles ongoing for a few weeks. Somebody is gonna make it clear. I'm rooting for Imani. Doesn't look like he's just fading away like some have made it sound.

Way to Reeves! Locking down the starting center job. Should've been out there starting last year. I hope Reeves can stay healthy and have a kick ass season.

First you mention that you are happy to see Sam Cotton 4th on the list at TE and using that as an example of the coaches seeing what you did. Then, you say you like all the "OR"s on the list implying that those players are equal right now and battling for positions.

With the word "OR" by all the TEs, I'm not sure Cotton's name being last means anything.

Riley just directly pointed out the "OR" in relation to the TE's in his presser. He said the OR's obviously just mean a lot of guys will be playing, and especially in relation to the TE's, all those guys will play a lot.

That said, we won't run four tight end sets. Since Cotton is at the bottom of the list, that tells me he is one of the lowest guys on the list and may see the least playing time. In the same way this chart tells me AJ Bush is the 3rd string QB.

• Fire 1

That said, we won't run four tight end sets. Since Cotton is not one of the OR's, and is at the bottom of the list, that tells me he is one of the lowest guys on the list. In the same this chart tells me AJ Bush is the 3rd string QB.

Cethan Carter - OR

Sam Cotton

That means Sam is one of the OR's. You don't put an OR after his name if there's noone else left :P

• Fire 1

That said, we won't run four tight end sets. Since Cotton is not one of the OR's, and is at the bottom of the list, that tells me he is one of the lowest guys on the list. In the same this chart tells me AJ Bush is the 3rd string QB.

Cethan Carter - OR

Sam Cotton

That means Sam is one of the OR's. You don't put an OR after his name if there's noone else left :P

Oh, duh. You're right! Haha.

Well, I think my point still stands, though. We won't run four TE sets, and since Cotton is last, he will probably see PT last.

Yeah, I don't believe this shows the suspensions besides Carter from what the rumors were. People kept bringing up M Rose and possibly J Rose, but they both show as starting.

Right, but there are two ways to look at this.

1) Depth chart doesn't reflect who is suspended, but it will be apparent as MR stated, when you see who is on the field and compare it to the depth chart.

Or the way you are looking at it

2) Has suspended players demoted on the depth chart.

I'm actually leaning towards #1 being the way it is. Plus, the rumor was defensive starter, not offensive. Now, to go the other way, I'm extremely surprised Carter isn't the starter at TE.

Yeah, I don't believe this shows the suspensions besides Carter from what the rumors were. People kept bringing up M Rose and possibly J Rose, but they both show as starting.

J Rose and Kalu are listed as "OR" for the starting position.

It is interesting that J Rose is the only starter on D with an 'OR' next to his name

Yeah, I was actually surprised to see J Rose that high to begin with. Not a lot of press on him, felt like he had slipped back, just goes to show that even with practices being open most of the time to the media you can't take everything you read as gospel. TE was the other surprise to me with Sutton at the top, hadn't really heard about him all camp. Feel like everything else was as expected based on reports. I think J Rose being an "OR" listing and Trey Foster being below Sutton as an "OR" indicate that they will most likely not play in the game, injury or suspension take your pick.

I don't really know everybody's name anymore, but wasn't Sterup a starter? How long has it been expected for a redshirt freshman to win this job over him?

I noticed this also. Nick Gates might be the guy to watch on the o line. It will be interesting to see if he keeps the #1 job.

Looks like Foster is set to see a lot of time also.

It would be pretty cool of Foster and Gates could establish themselves as RFR offensive linemen in terms of the future. Could be a really nice thing to build on.

Agree, unless you believe that makes it harder to recruit talented o-lineman who want to play right away....

Many though that was the reason we couldn't recruit a QB when T-Magic was the starter as a FROSH.

I don't really know everybody's name anymore, but wasn't Sterup a starter? How long has it been expected for a redshirt freshman to win this job over him?

I noticed this also. Nick Gates might be the guy to watch on the o line. It will be interesting to see if he keeps the #1 job.

Looks like Foster is set to see a lot of time also.

It would be pretty cool of Foster and Gates could establish themselves as RFR offensive linemen in terms of the future. Could be a really nice thing to build on.

Agree, unless you believe that makes it harder to recruit talented o-lineman who want to play right away....

Many though that was the reason we couldn't recruit a QB when T-Magic was the starter as a FROSH.

I don't think o-linemen see themselves the same way as QB's do. I think most expect to have to redshirt and sit behind older guys at the position.

QB's are a different breed, and they expect themselves to be the starter on day 1. That's why there is such an epidemic of QB transfers in college football right now.

• Fire 1

RFr. Gates beats out Sterup. That needed to happen.

I caught some flack last year for saying 84 Cotton shouldn't be on the field. On the list not four TE's he's the fourth. Looks like someone else saw it the same way I did. I wasn't sure why he was seeing so much time last year. Very poor blocking.

Jonathan Rose taking the spot. Good to see. Him and Davie should be fun to watch.

A lot of the word -OR- on the depth chart. I like it. Gonna be some battles ongoing for a few weeks. Somebody is gonna make it clear. I'm rooting for Imani. Doesn't look like he's just fading away like some have made it sound.

Way to Reeves! Locking down the starting center job. Should've been out there starting last year. I hope Reeves can stay healthy and have a kick ass season.

First you mention that you are happy to see Sam Cotton 4th on the list at TE and using that as an example of the coaches seeing what you did. Then, you say you like all the "OR"s on the list implying that those players are equal right now and battling for positions.

With the word "OR" by all the TEs, I'm not sure Cotton's name being last means anything.

Completely read that wrong. Did not see the word -OR- as including 84 Cotton. You're right though, it does.

Disregard statement about what the staff sees. As far as me personally, I've been unimpressed. I hope he steps it up. Play more like Ben did. Ben was physical and aggressive and knew how to finish a block.

Like Enhance says, I still think it means he's at the bottom of the four.